• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

#Texans RT @ProFootballTalk: Texans release RB Andre Brown, per league source.

Also released Dennis Johnson as well.

Poor Andre.

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 8m
#neverforget RT @art_stapleton: Top 3 Giants RBs last season are: unofficially retired, officially retired + currently without a team

Tells you how bad we had it last season at RB.

What was that stat with the Giants RB depth chart this season? Something like the current Giants depth chart has the least carries in history.

It was pathetic. When you're forced to bring back an aged Brandon Jacobs and Peyton Hillis is actually your go to guy? Yeah, shit has hit rock bottom.

From an embarrassment of riches to garbage.

What happened?

David Wilson got the neck injury (which proved career ending and now that's a first round pick gone). Andre Brown broke his leg twice in as many seasons so he couldn't be depended on to stay healthy and produce. Brandon Jacobs got old and came back to help last season when the damage was already done. Oh and Ahmad Bradshaw had bionic feet that simply wouldn't work anymore. He was slowed to a crawl.

It's tickiog upwards this season though. Rashad Jennings was brought in and doesn't have much wear on his tires and we might have found a nice sleeper in the fourth round with Andre Williams who's looked superb in two preseason games thus far.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think Eli was the leading active rusher at one point.

7562601.jpg

Unstoppable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions awarded WR Conner Vernon on waivers

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptjmodjjyjcxyzrjnte1nwm5zjhhmtqznthiotg1mjzl-e1407802800526.jpeg

The Lions made a change to their WR depth on Monday, claiming first-year pro Conner Vernon on waivers from Cincinnati and waiving rookie Quinton Payton. The roster moves were disclosed in the NFL’s Monday transactions.

Vernon (6-0, 200) finished the 2013 season on the Browns’ practice squad. The Browns signed him to a reserve/future deal in December but waived him last month. He was then picked up by the Bengals.

A Duke product, Vernon entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Oakland in 2013. He turns 24 next Monday.
[/B]
Payton is an undrafted free agent from North Carolina State.

Eleven of the Lions’ 90 players are wide receivers.

We have our own Wes Welker.

Gobias

Banned
The only good thing to come out of Duke is Thaddeus Lewis. And Kyrie.

Also, I wouldn't put much hope in a receiver who was cut by the Browns.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So, some quick thoughts on the Steelers/Giants preseason game.

O

Gradkowski looked like ass. Jones looked a million times better than last preseason.

Bell and Blount ran hard and effectively. Could portend good things. Dri even got a couple of carries. Don't think much of the rest of the rb's, possible they'll all get cut.

Really nice route on that corner from Wheaton. Bryant worries the hell out of me. I'd cut Moye tomorrow. Sick of him teasing us with his not-quite-good-enough talent.

O-line was iffy. Saved by the backs on that first series. Everyone not named Pouncey or DeCastro fucked up at some point. Thought Adams looked alright. Whimper was a dumpster fire.

D

Cam Thomas and Stephon Tuitt were solid. Heyward got destroyed on that long td. TonDMC is big and hard to move. Think he makes the team just to hold the point on goal line and short yardage situations.

Spence looked great. Super happy for him. The entirety of the inside linebacker group looked pretty good. So'oto even looked decent and Molls had 9 tackles. Those guys have no hope to make the team.

Happy to see Jarvis get a sack on a non-speed rush move. Moats looked solid. If Howard Jones can keep finding loose footballs, he'll make the team.

Shamarko looked great and I have no damned idea why he doesn't play in front of Will Allen. Allen had two pretty bad plays in the game. Didn't see camp phenom Jordan Dangerfield do much.

Isiah Green is garbage.

Bread

Banned
I just wanted to use the term "bro". Im still hip bitch!

Probably not. Don't really play Madden that much and FIFA at all and already own BF4 so what is the point right now?
I played peggle today, that was fun. And I'm in a football mood so Madden for $5 until the new one comes out works for me!

I might sell my battlefield and just use the money to buy a year subscription of access.

Konka

Banned
I played peggle today, that was fun. And I'm in a football mood so Madden for $5 until the new one comes out works for me!

I might sell my battlefield and just use the money to buy a year subscription of access.

You're playing right into their plot.

ShaneB

You should paid 10 bucks for Madden 08 PC and sent a middle finger to the MAN to bring Madden back to PC!

MechDX

Not a bad idea actually. I could trade BF2 and Ghosts in and get credit for MCC

Bread

Banned
Not a bad idea actually. I could trade BF2 and Ghosts in and get credit for MCC
Yea exactly, its not like I'm going to get any value out of trading in battlefield at the end of the year subscription and I'd rather have it on my hard drive anyways.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I honestly can't figure out for the life of me the appeal of being a fan of just players. What happens when they retire?

I'm a Packer fan today and will be in 50 years regardless of the whims of whatever star players Green Bay is lucky to get. I learn one team's history, wear one team's apparel, own one team's merchandise.... Anything more just seems exhausting and pointless.
So, essentially you are the anti-squicken, or rather, a normal fan?

Hook was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that he suffered from years of drug abuse and mental issues though.
He did. If anyone have a chance check out Robin Williams inside the actors studio with James Lipton. He essentially said he was a lonely kid and so to entertain himself he made up voices and characters.

Girlfriend did a psych rotation a few months ago, and it was interesting to hear about it. They had multiple patients who were about to get discharged ask, "What do I tell my family/co-workers/etc.?"

The stigma is mighty strong.

It was completely undiagnosed.
http://saynotostigma.com/ this blogs purpose is to try and educate people against the stigma of mental illness.

My wife is a psychologist with specialty in eating disorders, so I hear about these things every day. Try to get help, before committing suicide, they can help people.

Anyway, since I obviously wasn't in the offseason threads because frankly, you guys get a little weird without football and cause the threads move way to fast for offseason, which team did squicken, squicken to this year?

Top Bottom