• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Jags D looks serious. If they can get competent offensive play I cannot see how they don't at least challenge Indy this year. Gata's infantile heart must be pounding.

Gobias

Banned
fuck you, gata - I see you talking shit on metal!

YOU TOO, GOBIAS

Show me the way of death metal.

Greg you talking about that thread that should be titled "Why Country Music is the Worst"?

I live way too far away from the Inner Loop to hate on country music overtly here in Houston. Everyone loves it here....

Almost all country is trash. I once got dragged to a country concert with my ex girlfriend. I had never seen so many confederate flags in my life.

"She thinks my tractor's sexxxy!"

MechDX

Dat poise by Cutler. Green Bay can't stop that.

Bears NFCN champs.

We may be seeing a potential Super Bowl match up tonight.

Crazy how the Bear's finally seem to fix their offense, but their defense goes to crap. There has to be some kind of yin-yang mojo going on with this team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dude finally posted in that "my wife left me" thread and it sounds like she's giving him conditions. I don't have the heart to tell him to be prepared for her leaving in spite of him meeting every single condition (this is what my ex did). I have yet to have a relationship of any kind recover from the "I need space" arrangement also.....

OT is just depressing lately. Bring back the hot girl thread!

Show me the way of death metal.

Almost all country is trash. I once got dragged to a country concert with my ex girlfriend. I had never seen so many confederate flags in my life.

"She thinks my tractor's sexxxy!"

The people probably make the music the worst. Dating sites here are hilarious though since I see loads of chicks who demand that their man know how to "two step" and "drive a truck".

Dude finally posted in that "my wife left me" thread and it sounds like she's giving him conditions. I don't have the heart to tell him to be prepared for her leaving in spite of him meeting every single condition (this is what my ex did). I have yet to have a relationship of any kind recover from the "I need space" arrangement also.....

OT is just depressing lately. Bring back the hot girl thread!

Google Overlords don't play that game and the boss is about his money.

Hot girls have to stay in here, I'm afraid.

Remember when Kipes was polishing Clausen's HOF bust on draft day?

Hurney fell for that foolishness too.

jimmy-clausen.jpg

"Kiss the rings."

Tamanon

Banned
Manziel would've probably run that. Nice bullet.

And Jags are slipping all over the field over two games. Might need to rethink their cleat situation.

Farooq

Banned
I mentioned Amobi Okoye's undisclosed illness in the Cowboys write up, details of his illness have been released.

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Amobi Okoye was cleared by doctors Thursday for full football activities 13 months after being placed in a medically induced coma at a Houston hospital to stabilize recurring seizures.

Okoye was diagnosed in March 2013 with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, a potentially lethal brain injury that includes seizures and memory issues.

He is the first football player to attempt to come back from the disease.

He was cleared by Dr. Imo Aisiku after a trip to Boston and will rejoin the Cowboys in Dallas. The disease is relatively new, discovered in 2007. In order to begin practicing, Okoye will have to be removed from the non-football injury list.

According to Okoye's agent, Ian Greengross, the 310-pound Okoye lost close to 90 pounds while in recovery and needed to rebuild his brain function over time with physical and occupational therapy. The Cowboys had interest in signing Okoye in 2013 in part because of then-defensive line coach Rod Marinelli, who is now the defensive coordinator. Marinelli coached Okoye for two years with the Chicago Bears.

"The easy way to think of it is it's like a virus putting a tent on your brain," Greengross said. "It's like a football field with a tarp on it. You can't play on it but the field is still there. Once it's lifted it comes back to normal, but it just takes time."

Because no player has dealt with this situation before, there is no way to quantify how the brain will react to repetitive blows. Maurer said the Cowboys have taken baseline tests with Okoye and will be in constant communication with him regarding how he feels once he returns to practice.

"We hope he doesn't get hit, but you try to be prepared for if something does happen or if there's a deterioration in some way whether it's headaches or something else," Maurer said.

More in the link. I am posting this because this is the first time a football player has come back from this newly discovered disease. I mean it is a potentially lethal brain injury, I would think the last thing on the mind of Okoye would be returning to play football. I wish him all best nonetheless.

Top Bottom