• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Greg

uqH0kof.gif

ibnBEyKLEYrAzv.gif

I think you might be over blowing this Mech.
Mech personally knows Manziel, he's the worst person alive. He goes out and has fun, so he dosent respect the game. He always had everything in life handed to him, so he's obviously a horrible horrible person. He won't make it in the NFL.

eznark

Banned
Mech personally knows Manziel, he's the worst person alive. He goes out and has fun, so he dosent respect the game. He always had everything in life handed to him, so he's obviously a horrible horrible person. He won't make it in the NFL.

Houston knows failure, so you should probably listen to him.

cajunator

Banned

The only problem is some very distracted qbs in nfl history have super bowl rings to show for it. Some can handle the distractions. Its not like Manziel is being given a complete team. Hes running for his life and throwing to nobodies.

Its more an indictment on the Browns organization than it is Johhnys fault. Besides, hoyer isnt distracted like that and he plays with the ones and still sucks.

Godslay

Banned

Don't let the haters bother you. Nobody knows for sure how he'll pan out. He'll have bad games before the good ones come, as he's still a rookie. All you can hope for is progress at this point.

Instead of go to the usual suspects, let's be unique. 1st round picks per year, and who came immediately after!

Browns
'99: Tim Couch. Next? McNabb
'00: Courtney Brown. Next? LaVar Arrington
'01: Gerard Warren. Next? Justin Smith
'03: Jeff Faine. Next? Fucking Super Bowl QB "Sexy" Rex Grossman
'07: Brady Quinn. Next? Dwayne Bowe
'09: Alex Mack. Next? Percy Harvin.
'12: Trent Richardson. Next? Matt Kalil.

Lions
'01: Jeff Backus. Next? Casey Hampton
'03: Charles Rogers. Next? Andre Johnson
'04: Roy Williams. Next? DeAngelo Hall.
'05: Mike Williams. Next? DeMarcus Ware
'08: Gosder Cherilus. Next? SUPER BOWL MVP JOE FLACCO

:jnc I wouldn't wish either on an enemy for any reason

ed: VV fuck it i'm going deep

cajunator

Banned
I really really really want the Browns to be good. No fanbase deserves to be shit on over and over again. Its actually boring. Im happy that Lions fans can at least expect to be competitive now. Im happy the Jags found a qb not afraid to do his job. I want to see the Brosns mount a challenge on a consistent basis.

Konka

Banned
I really really really want the Browns to be good. No fanbase deserves to be shit on over and over again. Its actually boring. Im happy that Lions fans can at least expect to be competitive now. Im happy the Jags found a qb not afraid to do his job. I want to see the Brosns mount a challenge on a consistent basis.

7-9 is competitive?

Finally watched the dolphins/TB game, Tannehill looks good, the right side of the oline is horrible, we'll have no run game again unless that changes drastically, we are deep at WR, our defense looked better then last week but still very weak at tackling and our LBs are really bad, the secondary looks better then I thought and the pass rush provides pressure but still can't seem to consistently get to the QB. I like what they've shown as far as play calling and since we are facing Dallas I hope Tannehill has a multi-TD game because lets face it, Dallas has a HS team for a 1st team defense.

Furyous

Connor Shaw SHOULD be the Browns QB of the future.... more on this later. Johnny3rdDownConversion (J3DC) is not worthy of a second string job at this point. His immaturity will come back to haunt him against every team in the division. Meanwhile, Teddy is a legit QB prospect. He's looks poised and ready to start but humble enough to know he needs to hone his craft. Johnny Eightball's persona will not fly in Cleveland if they start to lose and he shows a lack of concern.

Connor Shaw SHOULD be the Browns QB of the future. He's exactly what I hoped a first round QB would look like. Ray Farmer saw this coming somewhat and prepared accordingly. I want him to start Hoyer in the next game. Hoyer will lose the job or win it off one half of play. If he wins the job, bench J3DC for the season and turn him into Kaep by forcing him to sit. If he loses the job, get the sideshow over with and start J3DC. He won't finish against Pittsburgh or Baltimore. At that point we bring Connor Shaw off the bench our new QB era starts.

Every QB that was handed the starting job fails miserably. Connor earned his roster spot tonight. Bring on Rex as an assistant coach.

*EDIT*

Connor performed far better than expected considering he didn't run a two minute drill. J3DC or Hoyer couldn't drive the team to a game tying drive. THAT'S what I want out of a starter. Both J3DC and Hoyer played against second stringers from what I saw. They both looked practice squadish.

If Johnny wasn't a first to third round pick he would be on the bubble. I hope Pettine plays the best player. I'd fucking laugh if Pettine gets fed up midway through the third game and puts Connor in to lit a spark under the rest of the QBs.

Top Bottom