• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Bowser

lol this thread went full retard last night. Mech with the venom on Manziel like he murdered his parents in cold blood right in front of him, that one dumbass Cleveland fan who thinks Connor Shaw is the Browns QB of the future (this is also the Cleveland fan who thought trading Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennet for Kevin fucking Love was too much to give up).

hqdefault.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
So he'll be one of the Browns' all-time greats?

End up in the top 10 qb since the 99' return!

lol this thread went full retard last night. Mech with the venom on Manziel like he murdered his parents in cold blood right in front of him, that one dumbass Cleveland fan who thinks Connor Shaw is the Browns QB of the future (this is also the Cleveland fan who thought trading Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennet for Kevin fucking Love was too much to give up).

hqdefault.jpg

Didnt Anthony Bennett have like one the worst rookie seasons ever ?

jakncoke

Banned
Gaming side nerds really can be weird at times. Some people upset some guy possibly leaking a Sony game(again) because something christmas morning surprises ruined lol. I dunno about the opinions of this thread, but legit leaks are always welcome. Us consumer is so far out of the know of the industry that its nice to see what possibly is coming in the future. If that requires a leak instead of an official PR release so be it. Beggars cant be choosers

Furyous

J3DC comes from Johnny's failed attempt to complete a pass on third down in the game against Detroit. Enough about QBs that are all hype. Let's talk about some promising QBs.

Look at these Teddy Bridgewater highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...Teddy-Bridgewater-Preseason-Week-2-highlights

Does Teddy have a bandwagon? He needs a bandwagon. He looks poised and competent. Notice the complete lack of confusion about his circumstances.

Aaron Murray looked solid during his time in the game. I see faint Chad Henne comparisons in the future.

I love the way the Jags are developing Bortles. They're doing it quietly and giving him a chance to develop into a solid starter/possible franchise QB.

Jimmy Clausen is still in the league. Hopefully, Marv develops him into a solid backup. He needs to hold that clipboard with pride and be thankful he's getting a check. Is his arrogance gone?

eznark

Banned
Bortles has been the most impressive rookie (at any position) by a country mile for sure. Jaguars also seem to be giving him the most rope to hang himself too, with full control at the line. Impressive kid. Reminds me of the greatest QB of all time, Joe Kane.

joe_kane.jpg

blake-bortles-ucf-pro-day-draft-nfl-qb-getty.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The worst punishment of all

A career on the Browns

I can't believe I missed this last night

:jnc

Theodore "The perfect football gentleman" Bridgewater would never do something so crass.

bridgewater2.jpg

I was going to make a joke about white people trying to chase the black person out until I saw the black kids in the background.

Now I'm just going to make fun of the kid wearing the Favre jersey. That's just sad.

J3DC comes from Johnny's failed attempt to complete a pass on third down in the game against Detroit. Enough about QBs that are all hype. Let's talk about some promising QBs.

Look at these Teddy Bridgewater highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...Teddy-Bridgewater-Preseason-Week-2-highlights

Does Teddy have a bandwagon? He needs a bandwagon. He looks poised and competent. Notice the complete lack of confusion about his circumstances.

Aaron Murray looked solid during his time in the game. I see faint Chad Henne comparisons in the future.

I love the way the Jags are developing Bortles. They're doing it quietly and giving him a chance to develop into a solid starter/possible franchise QB.

Jimmy Clausen is still in the league. Hopefully, Marv develops him into a solid backup. He needs to hold that clipboard with pride and be thankful he's getting a check. Is his arrogance gone?

Vikings -might- end up with a quietly good QB without a media bandwagon?

Oh I'd squeeeeeee.

Yesterday on his radio show Mcnabb said that Weeden has been the most impressive player in all the preseason so far. I haven't really been following the Cowboys that closely but I was shocked to hear that. Has Weeden been really good?

Bortles has been the most impressive rookie (at any position) by a country mile for sure. Jaguars also seem to be giving him the most rope to hang himself too, with full control at the line. Impressive kid. Reminds me of the greatest QB of all time, Joe Kane.
Definitely. If I was a Jags fan I'd be excited to see him starting from day one. I think the term NFL ready gets overused but it's a great fit for what I've seen from him.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Stephen A.Smith had a great take on the Manziel finger. Can we not act like this guy murdered someone? He was being punked and hit and making mistakes. It can get pretty vulgar and frustrating out there.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bridgewater is like the anti-Kaepernick. Limited physically, but he goes through his progressions as well as anyone in the game.

Bread

Banned
that one dumbass Cleveland fan who thinks Connor Shaw is the Browns QB of the future (this is also the Cleveland fan who thought trading Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennet for Kevin fucking Love was too much to give up)
God dammit can we have a separate nfl thread for the fools

Bridgewater is like the anti-Kaepernick. Limited physically, but he goes through his progressions as well as anyone in the game.
Incoming FMT rant about how you're a Trent Dilfer echo chamber.

(You're 100% right).

Stephen A.Smith had a great take on the Manziel finger. Can we not act like this guy murdered someone? He was being punked and hit and making mistakes. It can get pretty vulgar and frustrating out there.
Poor wittle Johnny. Why do those meanies have to be so mean? :(

eznark

Banned
It's no joke. Watch the tape and then show me better.

He has completed 22 passes against second team defenses in the pre-season and you are calling him the best best reader of defenses in the NFL. Did you watch Captain Checkdown against the Raiders? Was it his 40% completion rate that made you nut your boxers or the 3.8 ypc?

Did you fall off a motorcycle?

Skele7on

Banned
Any other Lions fans here that actually think we could actually do alright this year?

From what I seen I think it's going to be quite a positive year for us..

Tom Penny

He's so immature he can't handle a preseason game. It should be glorious when the games count.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He has completed 22 passes against second team defenses in the pre-season and you are calling him the best best reader of defenses in the NFL.

Did you fall off a motorcycle?

What the fuck does any of that have to do with going through his progressions? Not completing passes, not reading defenses. Going through his progressions. He's lightning fast at it. It's the strength of his game, and the weakness of many, many qb's.

eznark

Banned
What the fuck does any of that have to do with going through his progressions? Not completing passes, not reading defenses. Going through his progressions. He's lightning fast at it. It's the strength of his game, and the weakness of many, many qb's.

Because he is playing against trash. Against Oakland when he was under a bit of pressure he didn't "go through his progressions" he shit himself and immediately went to his short outlets.

He did a good job against the Cardinals and made a lot of really impressive decisions. Against low rent talent, when the game is a lot easier. Let's let him play against an actual NFL squad before we declare him King of Progressions.

Brady and Manning have a garbage arm, garbage legs, garbage-ish receivers and still pick defenses apart with their ability to read and react. But yeah, Bridgewater is better because he had a good few series against the Cardinals backups in the preseason.

Tamanon

Banned

To be fair, it's hard to take Stephen too seriously on this topic when he's one of the people that chooses the topics they talk about. His whole spiel about overreacting to Manziel is hilarious considering how much they overreact to everything he does.

Top Bottom