• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Instead of go to the usual suspects, let's be unique. 1st round picks per year, and who came immediately after!

Browns
'99: Tim Couch. Next? McNabb
'00: Courtney Brown. Next? LaVar Arrington
'01: Gerard Warren. Next? Justin Smith
'03: Jeff Faine. Next? Fucking Super Bowl QB "Sexy" Rex Grossman
'07: Brady Quinn. Next? Dwayne Bowe
'09: Alex Mack. Next? Percy Harvin.
'12: Trent Richardson. Next? Matt Kalil.

Lions
'01: Jeff Backus. Next? Casey Hampton
'03: Charles Rogers. Next? Andre Johnson
'04: Roy Williams. Next? DeAngelo Hall.
'05: Mike Williams. Next? DeMarcus Ware
'08: Gosder Cherilus. Next? SUPER BOWL MVP JOE FLACCO

:jnc I wouldn't wish either on an enemy for any reason

ed: VV fuck it i'm going deep

We do not talk about the Matt Millen days.

Wes

venison crêpe
Got a bunch of alerts on my phone as I woke up about Manziels finger. Thought it had been ripped off at the knuckle or something considering how many there were.

Best comment I've read about this is "What a time to be alive."

Who gives a fuck about football when there are far more momentous things happening right now?

The worst condiment is a tie between Siracha and mayonnaise.

Noodle was
half
right about something.

betty-faint.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think the oddest thing I've found with this whole Johnny Manziel stuff is people trying to be cute and making their own nickname for him that just don't make sense.

MechDX

And here come the Ryan Leaf comparisons......for those of you thinking its no big deal, he shot the bird. He just told every defender in the league how easy it is to get into his head.

Have fun Cleveland.

I know people are downplaying Manziel flicking off the bench by listing times when other players have done it but when has a rookie QB ever done something like this? First of all you are in a position of leadership and secondly you are demonstrating to the entire NFL that you can't maintain your composure during a game. In the grand scheme of things it's not a huge deal but to me it's one more sign of a guy who is too immature to get the job done at this level. You can say I'm overreacting but I sure am glad I don't have to worry about this guy being on my team.

You gotta earn it before you can flip it, Johnny.

randy-starkmf.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Johnny Creampuff
Look above and see Johnny3DC

Also BG who the hell is Mark Bishop. He's a radio host from Cleveland and he's being an ignorant slut on Toronto radio.

lol terrible. why stray away from johnny eightball it works so good.

I wonder what Chuck Booms thoughts are on Mr.Eightball. I remember back when Brandon Weeden was drafted and sucking that he would cry on radio(not literally sadly) that Colt McCoy should of been starting and he got a raw deal and not enough time.

Gobias

Banned
Manziel is tearing this thread apart.

I really didn't want the Browns to draft Manziel. I thought he was going to be a bust and I would rather they drafted Watkins, Bortles, or another receiver with their first/second pick. However, since we did pick him, I'm going to give him a chance and support him. Years of being a Browns fan has made me very impatient person though. He can still improve, but he was jittery, inaccurate, and lost. Also, no matter what Manziel does off the field, it's not like he's harder to root for than Ray Rice or Roethlisberger and people still do that.

Johnny Creampuff
Look above and see Johnny3DC

Also BG who the hell is Mark Bishop. He's a radio host from Cleveland and he's being an ignorant slut on Toronto radio.

He's probably the insider they'll go to for all Cleveland Browns news :lol

It's funny how TSN and these sport networks seem to pick the most hated and ignorant beat reporters to come in and talk about their respective teams.

Still can't believe Chuck Gormley is their go to guy for Capitals news, dude's a total ignorant goober.

eznark

Banned
Speaking of consoles, I now have the only two xbo games I wanted, one on PC and the other on PS4. Both are awesome and Microsoft barely marketed them. Max is one of the best platformers I've played in years. I put it right up there with Giana Sisters and the new Rayman. PvZ is a better console Team Fortress than Team Fortress was.

Instead of dumping all of their money into a shitty low res generic shootie shoot Microsoft should've pimped those two fantastic timed exclusives.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think Manziel's attitude is good for him long term. He needs to grow up a lot if he's going to have long term success. Attitudes like his aren't anything new in this league and history has shown that it doesn't help your career any.

I say this with the full hypocrisy of knowing that Favre was one of the worst divas of all time. He wasn't a straight up cocky asshole though....just a diva. And an asshole.

eznark

Banned
I don't think Manziel's attitude is good for him long term. He needs to grow up a lot if he's going to have long term success. Attitudes like his aren't anything new in this league and history has shown that it doesn't help your career any.

I say this with the full hypocrisy of knowing that Favre was one of the worst divas of all time. He wasn't a straight up cocky asshole though....just a diva. And an asshole.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holy fuck the pictures that would have come out if we had Twitter when he was playing...holy fucking shit the pictures.........

I see the campaign to get the Browns to start Connor Shaw has started.

He looked good against dudes who will be high school gym teachers and BK fry cooks next month. Settle down folks

still cant understand how somebody who has had two knee surgeries seems completely incapable of being a pussy

just fucking dive to the ground like a coward Griff...how is it that difficult?

MechDX

Since I'm being annoying i will stop with the nonsense and just watch Ryan Leaf v2 burn out.

Joint practices between Texans and Broncos this week. Curious to see if Crennel still knows how to frustrate Peyton.

Gobias

Banned

He looked good against dudes who will be high school gym teachers and BK fry cooks next month. Settle down folks

Treating the 3rd string QB who has never started a game as the messiah is such a Browns fan thing to do.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Looked like he threw the best and most accurate spirals that I saw all night though. I'm sure he's garbage though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Holy fuck the pictures that would have come out if we had Twitter when he was playing...holy fucking shit the pictures.........

I defer to your Favre knowledge then. I probably bought into way more of the media hype than I care to admit over the years.

eznark

Banned
Go into any GB/Appleton bar and ask about Favre and Winters. Ask some middle age women at bars in Oshkosh and LaCrosse. They'll probably pull out polaroids. All theMilwaukee bars those two used to frequent are corporate now and I don't think anyone is left. I know a couple of McGillycuddy's old bartenders are at the Harp now. They have great stories.

Treating the 3rd string QB who has never started a game as the messiah is such a Browns fan thing to do.

Yeah, who would ever have faith in an unproven rookie?!

jakncoke

Banned
Appreciate it, but I don't blame jak, I was an asshole to him many times.

We're playing Destiny together bro!

I dont hold that against you, if I did then Id have to leave the thread and probably the site because pretty much everyone has been an asshole and hazed me at least 3 times. I was making a general observation of people perceive you in general.

Dragon

Banned
I dont hold that against you, if I did then Id have to leave the thread and probably the site because pretty much everyone has been an asshole and hazed me at least 3 times. I was making a general observation of people perceive you in general.

Haha true. I appreciate the honesty. Anyway, Pats are playing the Panthers this week, Grover/Bowser get ready to feel the wrath of Easley!

Top Bottom