• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

squicken

I'm not Canadian, however in this instance any player behind the kicker when he kicks the ball is eligible to recover the ball.

Is this a TD or a rouge?

edit: Open field kick

Canadian football retains the open-field kick as a legal play, allowing a kick to be taken from anywhere on the field. The open-field kick may be used as a desperation last play by the offence: realizing they are unable to go the length of the field, they advance part of the way and attempt a drop kick, trying to score a field goal, or recover the ball in the end zone for a touchdown.

Gobias

Banned
I was watching Canadian football the other day and I was confused. What's the point of barley changing simple basics of football like making the field a little bigger and wider? Also, 3 downs is some bullshit

I was watching Canadian football the other day and I was confused. What's the point of barley changing simple basics of football like making the field a little bigger and wider? Also, 3 downs is some bullshit

tumblr_mbws8wKLUy1qhdf64.jpg

Why do they do anything? I mean seriously...why is Canada a thing?

squicken

Modern football is actually an evolution of "The McGill Game". US colleges played something not very close to what is modern football, and the version played at Canadian schools was what eventually was adopted in the US

http://www.mcgill.ca/news-archives/2005/summer/epilogue/

I'm not Canadian, however in this instance any player behind the kicker when he kicks the ball is eligible to recover the ball.
Actually, I kinda like that rule!

But considering the NFL instituted a rule against advancing fumbles in the last 2 minutes of halves (I know why, but talk about an overreaction...), there's no room in the super serious league for anything this crazy.

ShaneB

If it was the exact same game with the exact same rules, it would still get shit on here because it's not the NFL.

Why not let the CFL have their fun with a bunch of different rule changes? Appreciate the fact that it DOES try and feel like a different game. and yes, squicken laying down a history lesson, appreciate.

Also, Cap 2 was awesome.

jakncoke

Banned
If it was the exact same game with the exact same rules, it would still get shit on here because it's not the NFL.

Why not let the CFL have their fun with a bunch of different rule changes? Appreciate the fact that it DOES try and feel like a different game. and yes, squicken laying down a history lesson, appreciate.

Also, Cap 2 was awesome.

Well yes because the talent pool would still be gata level of talent.

ShaneB

Well yes because the talent pool would still be gata level of talent.

It's not talent level, or CFB wouldn't be popular. There's just no connection to the CFL in the States. Sports is so much rooted in tribalism

Stole my post squicken, was going to make a snappy answer about CFB. Well done sir.

And yes, the CFL just won't catch fire outside of Canada because, simply put, it's not the NFL.

We've got a new contender for Worst QB in the League

Rotoworld said:
ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky said second-year QB Tyler Wilson has been "very bad" in training camp.

The Raiders' fourth-round pick last season, Wilson could not beat out UDFA Matt McGloin and was waived in November. He latched on with the Titans, but it seems unlikely he will beat out rookie Zach Mettenberger for the No. 3 job.

Couldn't beat McGloin OR Mettenberger for their spots, smdh what a disgrace

jakncoke

Banned
It's not talent level, or CFB wouldn't be popular. There's just no connection to the CFL in the States. Sports is so much rooted in tribalism

True enough I guess , even though the majority of college football players will never make it in the NFL most fanbases in college football have the recruit info since they were a sophomore in high school. Barely any CFL players outside of failed NFL players have any recondition. Either way fuck canada get ready to be our states in the coming century you bitches.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just want to say because I'm :cuevas'd but Gata is a cool dude for putting up with all our shit.

I mean, fuck you Gata and fuck the Pats but you have my respect for taking our shit.

Also fuck that chan guy because he's awful at video games. Wherever he is.

Farooq

Banned
I just finished the write up for the Cowboys offense. Man, I don't even want to do a write up for the Cowboys defense. What am I going write? They are probably going to be bad, here's why...?

MRSA

Banned
I just want to say because I'm :cuevas'd but Gata is a cool dude for putting up with all our shit.

I mean, fuck you Gata and fuck the Pats but you have my respect for taking our shit.

Also fuck that chan guy because he's awful at video games. Wherever he is.

Wanna be friends?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I just finished the write up for the Cowboys offense. Man, I don't even want to do a write up for the Cowboys defense. What am I going write? They are probably going to be bad, here's why...?

Save the negativity for the regular season. The preseason is for unbridled optimism.

Just be super sarcastic like I was when I did my Packers writeup last year

seattle loses first ever sporting event in levis stadium. it wont be their last loss in the stadium this year!
e: nevermind, I'm tired and don't know what I'm talking about!

Top Bottom