• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp 2014 |OT| - This is our year!

squicken

lol
wink.gif

Lane Kiffin was a rogue element and that sort of thing may go on elsewhere, but not in the SEC!

Excited to see how this playoff system works out.
Really just excited for the college season in general
Really just excited for football in general

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-strong-behind-david-qeussenberry/#comments

Texans coaches and players have been sporting their “DQ Strong” T-shirts lately, as they try to support offensive lineman David Quessenberry, who is battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

The shirts were the brainchild of center Chris Myers, and the Texans are selling them for $20 on the team’s website, with all the proceeds going to lymphoma research.

“I’m speechless about my teammates,” Quessenberry said, via Dale Robertson of the Houston Chronicle. It’s a testament to the organization that the Texans are. I mean, not just [the players]. We’re talking from the top to the bottom, inside and out. I’m so blessed to be a part of such a tremendous organization.

“And, as far as raising awareness [about lymphoma], I think it is huge. I’ve said it before, if I had been diagnosed with this disease 10 years ago, my chances of survival would have been completely different. I definitely wouldn’t be sitting here talking about playing football again one day, which is the end goal for me.”

The second-year offensive lineman was diagnosed this summer during OTAs, when he struggled to breathe during practice, which led to a further tests, which led to two liters of fluid being drained from his lungs.

Quessenberry’s struggle against the disease is still in its early stages. He’s undergoing chemotherapy, and his lack of white blood cells prevents him from being around large groups of people for fear of infection.

So there’s no certainty that he’ll be able to join his teammates for the regular season opener in September.

But there’s also there’s no doubt they have his back.

I felt so bad for Quessenberry when this was announced. Hope he gets back out there next season.
BuCh-owCcAM9_no.jpg:large

brentech

For all those that doubt Johnny Manziel's impact and influence

TAMU's new lavish locker rooms

Cultural Icon Johnny came through for the homies

On a related and serious note, these college football locker rooms are getting out of control. They have MUCH nicer shit than NFL teams

Is that video not the epitomy of how broken the system is. Players basically get crackers and bunch of ridiculous ass rules placed on them, so the schools have so much money they don't know what to do with it, and create spaces like that.....
I guess A&M can at least be glad that they let the football team keep some of it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Out in the open though.

And that's what's going to break cfb. The NCAA is deathly afraid of losing the amateurism angle, even though every one with a brain knows that players are getting paid. They aren't even trying to enforce the rules anymore, and it makes me sad.

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/ar...use-tablet-computers-during-games-5665371.php

Surface tablets will be on sidelines this year and in the coaches box.

MS doubling down with the nfl. Should put a kinect in there to communicate signals.

e -

Grover, you forgot about this:

Bjr6eVVCYAAyS_j.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
South Carolina self-reported a possible "impermissible benefits" violation for the players eating cookies with too much icing on them.

Yet,

Alabama has this

Oregon has this

and Texas has this

I'd say the game is a bit fucked up

The entire NCAA football system is incredibly flawed. When they start paying players, it will get even more lopsided.

zychi

Banned
How many of you guys actually go to games every year? I'm planning on going to two.

Was @ SF in November (I'll be in town for work that week)

and Dal @ Chi TNF in Dec

Tix will be about $1000 total :/

DMczaf

How many of you guys actually go to games every year? I'm planning on going to two.

and Dal @ Chi TNF in Dec

I went to a Bears vs Cowboys pee wee football game for free. Las Vegas football!

MechDX

It was a legit question tho. I've almost never posted about the movie, is there some kind of narrative I'm missing?

I wasn't the one dragged your name into it.

look up....coughGrover. The Nolan fanboys are the worst in all the OT topics on anything Marvel related.

It is just the ago old battle of Marvel vs DC except the Nolan fans have basically taken over the naming rights because that is all DC fans can hang their hat on

zychi

Banned
I wasn't the one dragged your name into it.

look up....coughGrover. The Nolan fanboys are the worst in all the OT topics on anything Marvel related.

It is just the ago old battle of Marvel vs DC except the Nolan fans have basically taken over the naming rights because that is all DC fans can hang their hat on

My response to Nolan fans:
talia_dies.gif

Tho TDK is one of my favorite movies ever.

Godslay

Banned

and Dal @ Chi TNF in Dec

I'm going to KC @ Den Week 2. Paid $93 each for two seats around the 40 yard line home side, 8 rows up. If you pay attention and buy the tickets after the initial rush, they usually do a half off ticket sale. You just have to be fast when they go on sale. I got lucky in that I got these seats, as similar seats are reselling on Stubhub for $700-$900 each.

The only downfall is you can't resell these tickets (which is good against scalpers).

and Dal @ Chi TNF in Dec

TEBOW CHRIST! How much are you ppl paying for games? I go to the Browns home opener ever year. I can usually find tickets for around under 100 usually 70-50 range closer to season for somtimes lower level seats or upper dawg pound. And it's not like people aren't going to the games, they're not giving out tickets for free. but I do think I read Browns tickets are some of the cheapest in the league.
Edit: pretty much what slay said above. After the initial rush, tickets can usually be found for cheap

zychi

Banned
I'm going to KC @ Den Week 2. Paid $93 each for two seats around the 40 yard line home side, 8 rows up. If you pay attention and buy the tickets after the initial rush, they usually do a half off ticket sale. You just have to be fast when they go on sale. I got lucky in that I got these seats, as similar seats are reselling on Stubhub for $700-$900 each.

The only downfall is you can't resell these tickets (which is good against scalpers).
I like to sit high up in the endzones because my brain works like a player(played 13 years, still waiting for the "Madden" view to become popular on tv) so my Bears tix are relatively cheap, plus soldier field has the smallest screens in the NFL so it doesn't matter which side I sit on.

The SF game is the priciest because its a new stadium and some are favoring them as the NFC SB rep. The two people I'm going with are WAS fans. So they want to be near the WAS bench to see rg3 :)eyeroll).

I don't mind spending the money for either because I get a free place to stay for the SF game, and I spent half of what I did for last years DAL v Chi MNF game when both were still playoff hopefuls and I bought 12 hours before the game.

TLDR: Thanks for the tips.

MRSA

Banned
I had a proud parent like moment, I was in shock and awe when I delivered my food baby to the toliet this morning. I know how FMT feels like now.

zychi

Banned
I subscribed for 1 month to try it out. I would probably buy a 1 yr membership via Amazon

did you have to get invited to try it? or can i log on and just sign up? does it stream the games like psnow, or am i gonna have to download madden/nhl?

MechDX

Them Marvel vs DC Warz must be rough. Fight the good fight!

Fuck you and your imaginary threats, Over paranoid prick

You personally inserted yourself into the conversation. Talk about wanting to feel important. Is it my fault you were not loved as a child?

Godslay

Banned
I just wish they would give those comic book type movies a break. Do something else for awhile. Probably not happening given that they still make money.

I like to sit high up in the endzones because my brain works like a player(played 13 years, still waiting for the "Madden" view to become popular on tv) so my Bears tix are relatively cheap, plus soldier field has the smallest screens in the NFL so it doesn't matter which side I sit on.

The SF game is the priciest because its a new stadium and some are favoring them as the NFC SB rep. The two people I'm going with are WAS fans. So they want to be near the WAS bench to see rg3 :)eyeroll).

I don't mind spending the money for either because I get a free place to stay for the SF game, and I spent half of what I did for last years DAL v Chi MNF game when both were still playoff hopefuls and I bought 12 hours before the game.

TLDR: Thanks for the tips.

I actually aimed for these tickets simply because I wanted to see the players up close. Lose a little of the over all action being down lower, mid level seats are probably a bit better to watch the game, but I'll live :) I figured I had to see Peyton in person before he retires, and I haven't gone to a game for some time now.

Top Bottom