• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except you know the whole actually being able to play football . Yeah let's just ignore that fact

I didn't say Tebow was on Watt's level skill-wise, nor did I say he's actually any good period.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that for a guy who claims to be old-fashioned, humble, selfless, all about hard work and the team, JJ Watt is one of the most "look at ME!!!" players in the league.

LOOK AT ME JUMPING OVER A BOX BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT ME PUSH OVER A TIRE BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT ME CATCH FOOTBALLS IN THE DARK BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT THIS SCAR I GOT WORKING SO HARD FOR THE TEAM

As if he's the only dude in this league busting his ass to make himself better at his craft

Konka

Banned
I didn't say Tebow was on Watt's level skill-wise, nor did I say he's actually any good period.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that for a guy who claims to be old-fashioned, humble, selfless, all about hard and the team, JJ Watt is one of the most "look at ME!!!" players in the league.

Tebow just attracts that excitement, he doesn't seek it.

Philadelphia is a degenerate city not even Tebow can influence.

GetFile.aspx

MechDX

But that has nothing to do with the fact that for a guy who claims to be old-fashioned, humble, selfless, all about hard and the team, JJ Watt is one of the most "look at ME!!!" players in the league.

He has earned that right. 4 years in the league:

2 time DPOY (should have been 3)
3 time all pro and 3 pro bowls
Only unanimous selection ever for DPOY
Has the record as only player with 20+sacks ever
Plays wherever his team needs him unlike a certain person who says god wants him to be a QB even though he is below Hoyer at doing it
And oddly enough he just gets better every year

So yeah if Watt wants to build his image good for him. At least he isn't throwing his girlfriend on a pile of guns or stealing laptops.

Line_HTX

But that has nothing to do with the fact that for a guy who claims to be old-fashioned, humble, selfless, all about hard work and the team, JJ Watt is one of the most "look at ME!!!" players in the league.

LOOK AT ME JUMPING OVER A BOX BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT ME PUSH OVER A TIRE BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT ME CATCH FOOTBALLS IN THE DARK BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD FOR THE TEAM
LOOK AT THIS SCAR I GOT WORKING SO HARD FOR THE TEAM

As if he's the only dude in this league busting his ass to make himself better at his craft

At least he's the most pure "Look at ME!!" player with no arrests or checkered backgrounds. I'm sorry, but I think you're kind of reaching there a little....

At least he's the most pure "Look at ME!!" player with no arrests or checkered backgrounds. I'm sorry, but I think you're kind of reaching there a little....

You know that 98% of players in the NFL will never see a day of jail in their life right? Even if there are 25 arrests in one year, we're talking about a league of almost 1800 players. That's a whole lot of cats staying out of trouble.

The media latches on to the negative because that's sexy and gets hits, but don't act like Watt's the only good dude in the league.

Meanwhile I can show you hundreds of dudes who will never be on Watt's level because they don't possess the athleticism or skill that he does, but work every bit as hard to get better as he does. But they never seek the spotlight for how hard they work or how wholesome they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom