• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I need really strong coffee

coffee-gif1.gif

jmdajr

An error occurred please try again

Thank You HBO NOW app.

effzee

JaCorey Shepherd update for the Eagles:

Good thing we still have Boykins...oh wait.

Hmm traded a top nickel corner to start a 6th rounder who flashed in camp. Now he is out for the year.

That leaves Jaylen Watkins. This dude needs to step up big time.

Good thing we still have Boykins...oh wait.

Hmm traded a top nickel corner to start a 6th rounder who flashed in camp. Now he is out for the year.

That leaves Jaylen Watkins. This dude needs to step up big time.

They actually have a lot of options for what they can do. Eric Rowe could win the outside job and for Nolan Carroll in the slot. Eric Rowe could move to safety and they can put Walter Thurmond in the slot. I mean hell, Maxwell played slot, they could bring in another guy outside and cycle Maxwell into the slot when they are in nickle, but I don't know that that would be a great idea. Hopefully one of the other young guys steps up though. I was mixed on the Boykin trade because while he was talented there was probably no way he'd be around next season. Hindsight is 20/20

giants interested in aldon smith?

i am going to be so fucking pissed if he plays for another team this year. why would you release him before ever talking to him or finding out what happened? another stupid ass move by the niners FO. fuck you jed "losing with class" york

eznark

Banned
And to be fair it almost always takes awhile for CB's to come around.*

*talking point I've heard and assumed to be true

Haven't really heard that as a widely regarded observation before. That said, he has no lateral movement, is slow to open his hips, struggles to close ground, seems to be clueless on ball skills and actually turned his head and ran downfield on one play. Amazing!
these were all criticisms in college as well
He is handsy as fuck because he can't play football. Not sure how you teach that at this level. He's basically Ahmad Carroll +3 inches.

He can jam the fuck out of you at the line though and kind of looks like Richard Sherman. Good job VikeBike.

Draxal

giants interested in aldon smith?

i am going to be so fucking pissed if he plays for another team this year. why would you release him before ever talking to him or finding out what happened? another stupid ass move by the niners FO. fuck you jed "losing with class" york

It's some random reporter who reported this and none of the giants beat writers, and they're released players who've done much milder things in the past. I really don't think its true at all that they're interested.

Haven't really heard that as a widely regarded observation before. That said, he has no lateral movement, is slow to open his hips, struggles to close ground, seems to be clueless on ball skills and actually turned his head and ran downfield on one play. Amazing!
these were all criticisms in college as well
He is handsy as fuck because he can't play football. Not sure how you teach that at this level. He's basically Ahmad Carroll +3 inches.

He can jam the fuck out of you at the line though and kind of looks like Richard Sherman. Good job VikeBike.

Eh I kinda agree. I have hope though that Zimmer can work some magic.

eznark

Banned
Kareem Jackson.

I'm not sure he could have been much worse his rookie season. IIRC lots people were calling for him to get cut. First round draft pick, cut after one season bad.

Some guys are good, some are bad, some develop late some are ready to play. I don't think listing guys will solve much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom