• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's some random reporter who reported this and none of the giants beat writers, and they're released players who've done much milder things in the past. I really don't think its true at all that they're interested.
Pretty much. I don't buy that Aldon Smith report at all. The basis for the report is the Giants needing pass rush with JPP out. By the time Smith would come back from a suspension, JPP would likely be available anyways.

I call bullshit.

So ez, you've never heard the talking point that CB is one of the toughest positions to learn going from college to the NFL? I thought that was a common line of thinking.

Not saying you're wrong about Waynes, though. I don't remember much about him from when the draft was going on.

gutshot

Here you go Pepiope:

Starting to get a little bit excited about Bradford. I remember being concerned about Foles performance in TC last year. You can usually tell a starting caliber QB in practice versus a replacement-level guy. I remember McNabb was always very crisp in practice and clearly looked head and shoulders better the other guys. After shaking off some of the early rust, Bradford has looked like that kinda QB.

eznark

Banned
So ez, you've never heard the talking point that CB is one of the toughest positions to learn going from college to the NFL? I thought that was a common line of thinking.

Not saying you're wrong about Waynes, though. I don't remember much about him from when the draft was going on.

No, not really.

The only position I consistently hear that line about is WR.

tgif+top+20+camera+candies+of+the+day+atlnightspots+3.jpg

Morning guys

Pre draft there was a lot of criticism about his coverage skills and tackling. The question was whether he simply benefited from playing behind a great d-line/defense scheme.

I won't say he's a bust - CB is very hard to play for rookies. A perfect example is Darius Slay for the Lions. Came into the league with NFL speed and great size. Had a horrible rookie year. Atrocious, couldn't cover or do anything right. Second year? He was one of the top 20 CBs in the league and shut down Dez Bryant in the playoffs.

Honestly I had hoped Waynes would fall into the mid to late 20s so the Lions could take him. 11 seems too high. That being said I think he'll end up being good.

Starting to get a little bit excited about Bradford. I remember being concerned about Foles performance in TC last year. You can usually tell a starting caliber QB in practice versus a replacement-level guy. I remember McNabb was always very crisp in practice and clearly looked head and shoulders better the other guys. After shaking off some of the early rust, Bradford has looked like that kinda QB.
If Bradford is healthy he will put up monster numbers in this offense. Foles is garbage and still put up numbers.

Here is a good break down on it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2027100-which-position-presents-the-biggest-leap-for-nfl-draft-prospects

As we saw above, safeties and linebackers are the surest bets. Players with standout physical tools at those positions step in and play well about 43 percent of the time—almost as often as not.

Cornerbacks, defensive linemen and tight ends make up the next tier, stepping in and playing well around 37 percent of the time. Offensive linemen and wide receivers are close behind, at about a one-third hit rate.

Finally, the bad news: A little over a quarter of first- and second-round running backs and quarterbacks step in as rookies and excel.

Here is one from NFL.com about how WR is the hardest group.

Bowser

2 hour Monday morning meeting at work (ugh, such a waste of time), I was concerned reading about the Newton/Norman scuffle on Twitter.

Then I saw this pic:

and laughed it off. Dat fake smile amirite Nolan?

cajunator

Banned
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl · 1m1 minute ago
#Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon arrested for DWI http://on.11alive.com/1Tg28BJ via @11alivenews

When it rains it pours.

What the fuck is wrong with this kid?
He has literally everything going for him otherwise. Immense talent worthy of a huge paycheck, and he throws it away on drinking and stupid drugs.
What a fucking idiot. Somebody save this guy from himself. Now he has probably ruined his final chance to be on an NFL roster. Nobody will touch this guy. If hes ever reinstated at all.
Just a complete waste of phenomenal talents.

It's pretty bad when the media will start rolling you for not actually committing a crime lately.

I guess I'm more surprised the Browns didn't give a defensive quote just in case.

MechDX

Its an old article, Josh Gordon will continue to sell cars just like he usually does

Just saw that. Tony Grossi tweeted out a statement from Farmer on this "incident" and now people taking it to him on how he got a statement for this latest incident.

lol

MechDX

I was just about to say as I read the article it made no sense.

11Alive News ‏@11AliveNews · 4m4 minutes ago
CLARIFICATION: While doing maintenance on our site, a 2014 story on Josh Gordon was auto-retweeted. Please note this story was from 2014.

Love Twitter for breaking news quickly but this is a perfect example of why I hate it at the same time

Line_HTX

Yeah, I was like... the footnote said it was last year... And he got suspended for most of the year IIRC

Twitter hurts more than helps.

MechDX

Hall of Fame Game generates big TV ratings

Last night’s Hall of Fame Game drew a 6.9 overnight rating, making it by far the most-watched show on any network, and the most-watched NFL preseason game in three years.

To put into perspective how good a 6.9 overnight rating is, here’s a sample of sports programming that has had a lower overnight rating in the last year:

Stanley Cup Final Game 6: 5.6.
NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 1: 5.6.
NBA Western Conference Finals Game 1: 5.4.
Indy 500: 4.3.
American League Championship Series Game 1: 4.0.
National League Championship Series Game 1: 3.5.

That thirst.....or just Landry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom