• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This. Rivers is definitely getting laid.

Picture of Rivers' O face:

Philip+Rivers1.jpg

More like Chubby Sports Gear.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy shit. I lost it at this one.

GOD’S PLAN IS FUCK THE LIONS AND HES BEEN PULLING IT OFF MASTERFULLY

:JNCx10

Noodle lead the way and I was hoping others would join in until we're nothing but a mass of Grey cats!

Or maybe I just wanted to appropriate a black man's culture, style and fashion.

I thought about joining in but it didn't seem reasonable unless Green Bay gets knocked out of the playoffs.

Unless Jason Fox recovers from his concussion, the Dolphins' starting LT is this guy

DA2x7rc.gif

1. Congrats on making the playoffs again, Pats
2. RIP Tannehill

Doomsayer

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/article32465472.html

Former NFL tackle Jonathan Martin says he attempted suicide multiple times

MIAMI

Former NFL tackle Jonathan Martin posted on Facebook that difficulties in the profession led him to attempt suicide multiple times, and he wanted to share his struggle with social isolation to help others.

Martin, who retired this year, said his problems date to childhood in California, and to being told his entire life he was not "black enough."

"It nearly destroys you, many times, not fitting in," he wrote, referring to himself in the third person. "Your talent & accomplishments on the field never seem to be able to overcome the demons that you carry with you."

Martin made national headlines when he abruptly left the Miami Dolphins during the 2013 season amid reports he was bullied by teammates on the offensive line, including Richie Incognito. Martin underwent counseling, Incognito was suspended, and neither played for the Dolphins again. Incognito is now with the Buffalo Bills.

An NFL investigation determined Incognito and two other offensive linemen engaged in a pattern of harassment toward Martin.

In his post Wednesday, Martin referred to the Dolphins' locker room situation with a profane synonym for "lousy." Trying to fit in, Martin said, he abused alcohol, used marijuana and created a persona.

"You see football as the only thing that you are good at, your only avenue to make the shy, depressed, weird kid from high school 'cool,'" he wrote. "Your job leads you to attempt to kill yourself on multiple occasions. Your self-perceived social inadequacy dominates your every waking moment & thought. You're petrified of going to work."

Martin played in 2014 for the San Francisco 49ers. He signed this year with the Carolina Panthers but hurt his back during offseason workouts.

After three years in the NFL, he said, he decided the risk of permanent injury wasn't worth it and retired.

"You let your demons go, knowing that, perhaps, sharing your story can help some other chubby, goofy, socially-isolated kid getting bullied in America who feels like no one in the world cares about them," his post concluded. "And let them know that they are not alone."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/article32465472.html#storylink=cpy

I hope he gets better. At least he tried to come back from the ordeal and still play, most people wouldn't have even attempted that. Sucks he got hurt in workouts.

Sanjuro

I remember people were shitting on me when I suggested that he was sick. Pretty much everything that has come out about him publicly suggested he needed help.

Tom Penny

I love preventing someone from losing their life savings from identity theft and instead of getting thanked at work they ask why I didn't catch it sooner SMH...

Once Bell comes back I think we'll be rolling full on offense but I think our D will be our downfall. I think we're good enough to make the playoffs but our D will cause our end in the playoffs

Agreed. But you could do what the cowboys did with Murray and just run le'veon to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom