• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

O4pjykI.png

Oakland on national TV!

RBH

City_of_Carson_continues_with_plans_for__3356180000_23352838_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The city of Carson held a press conference Friday near the proposed NFL stadium location, where organizers unveiled the newly named Stadium Way street sign.

The city is in a race with Inglewood to bring an NFL team back to the Los Angeles area for the first time since 1994. The San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders have been unable to secure new stadium deals with their current cities.

Mark Fabiani, the general counsel for the Chargers, said the team has disagreed since June with San Diego's decision to conduct a three-week environmental impact report, a process that normally takes 18 months.

"The team has refused to be part of such a half-baked plan," he said in a statement.

Carson Mayor Albert Robles is telling all NFL team owners - who will ultimately vote on the plans - there is regional support for a stadium in L.A.

"Only God can address the water drought, but the city of Carson is going to do its best to make sure we address our football drought," Robles said.
http://abc7.com/sports/carson-city-leaders-lay-groundwork-for-nfl-project/960932/

Thats crazy talk.

We still have a good enough offense to win the division once the pot smoke clears.

The rest of the division is looking really weak this year.

And there is always hope that our young secondary learns how to stay within 30 yards of the defenders as the season progresses.

They could. I think that Pitt could make the playoffs still in all seriousness.. But that defense has lost that identity since LeBeau "left" (let's be real, he was fired understandably). Do they win the division against the bungles.. Yes possibly because it's the Bungles. It may take a season I think before the team can basically develop a clear identity.

RBH

Seahawks defensive lineman Frank Clark angered multiple offensive linemen on the Chargers, who accused the rookie of trying to attack San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers while under a pile during Saturday's preseason game.

Chargers left tackle King Dunlap was flagged for a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty after yanking Clark from the scrum.

Dunlap told the San Diego Union-Tribune that he did not see the incident but said he wanted to protect Rivers after hearing his teammates yelling at Clark.

"That guy was on top of Philip, and that's our quarterback," Dunlap told the newspaper. "I protect the quarterback at all costs."

Rivers was sacked on the play by Seattle's Jordan Hill, but Clark's alleged antics after the play drew far more attention from the Chargers.

"That's our quarterback," Chargers guard D.J. Fluker told the Union-Tribune. "We're going to protect the jewel of our offense."

Clark and the Seahawks did not comment on the incident after the game.

Rivers left the game later in the second quarter after banging his throwing hand on a follow through. The five-time Pro Bowler said X-rays on his hand were negative and claimed he would have remained in the game had it been a regular-season contest.

The Seahawks were criticized this past offseason for using a second-round draft pick on Clark, who faced misdemeanor domestic violence and assault charges stemming from an incident involving his former girlfriend.

Clark, who was dismissed from Michigan's football team last November, was convicted of a disorderly conduct charge in April after pleading no contest in an agreement with prosecutors. The domestic violence count was downgraded to disorderly conduct, while the assault charge was dismissed.

General manager John Schneider has defended the Seahawks' selection of Clark, claiming that the team did its due diligence before drafting him.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ed-san-diego-chargers-attacking-philip-rivers

They could. I think that Pitt could make the playoffs still in all seriousness.. But that defense has lost that identity since LeBeau "left" (let's be real, he was fired understandably). Do they win the division against the bungles.. Yes possibly because it's the Bungles. It may take a season I think before the team can basically develop a clear identity.

Steelers fans are too Goddamned spoiled. Team has a new Coordinator, is installing new defensive scheme, and has a ton of new players. The defense is going to be bad. Only way to solve it is to give them snaps together.

That said, even with the injuries (and suspensions) on offense this team has enough firepower to hang with anybody in the North.

It's really a testament to the charmed life the Colts, Packers and Patriots have that nobody questions their ability to make the playoffs since the other 3 teams in their respective divisions are garbage.

Tom Penny

Steelers fans are too Goddamned spoiled. Team has a new Coordinator, is installing new defensive scheme, and has a ton of new players. The defense is going to be bad. Only way to solve it is to give them snaps together.

That said, even with the injuries (and suspensions) on offense this team has enough firepower to hang with anybody in the North.

It's really a testament to the charmed life the Colts, Packers and Patriots have that nobody questions their ability to make the playoffs since the other 3 teams in their respective divisions are garbage.

Brady is 19-5 against the AFC north so I'm pretty they'd have no problem winning that division.

Beach

O4pjykI.png

Oakland on national TV!

Literally the first time Oakland has been on Sunday Night Football in any sort for at least 7 years? As far as I could remember..

And as a Raider fan who lives in LA I hope the Carson deal doesn't occur. If the Rams owner truly wants to pay it all himself then I'm all for the Inglewood stadium. I'm fine with the Chargers being LAs second team because they have been for the past 20 years already.

I hope the Raiders miracousley find a deal in Oakland, I've also heard local radio reports for a deal in San Diego out of no where.

Godslay

Banned
Brady is 19-5 against the AFC north so I'm pretty they'd have no problem winning that division.

Swap the Steelers with the Patriots.

Steelers win that division more often than not.

Patriots, it's not a gimmme every time due to the Ravens and Bengals being halfway decent teams. More so the Ravens of course.

Things change a bit this year due to Miami potentially being a challenger for the division. In recent years however Patriots have had a cake walk division.

Absolutely. That's why I hate Steeler fans that I know (not you, bionic, chuck and Jak and the others) because they have been fucking consistent for so fucking long that many of those fucks are spoiled as hell. Shit if they go 8-8, they'll want Tomlin's head and scream for Cowher to come back whom a lot weren't happy with anyway when he was coaching

They wanted to fire fucking Tomlin after he lost to the Browns last year (like only twice has he lost to the browns) those morons. Offensively, Pittsburgh probably has the best offense in the division. This is the toughest division in the AFC hands down.

Tom Penny

Swap the Steelers with the Patriots.

Steelers win that division more often than not.

Patriots, it's not a gimmme every time due to the Ravens and Bengals being halfway decent teams. More so the Ravens of course.

Things change a bit this year due to Miami potentially being a challenger for the division. In recent years however Patriots have had a cake walk division.

Pats are 97-32 outside of the AFC East with Brady. I guess every division sucks since they play at least one team from all of them every year and 90% of the time it's 4 division winners every single year.

Godslay

Banned
Pats are 97-32 outside of the AFC East. I guess every division sucks since they play at least one team from all of them every year and 90% of the time it's 4 division winners every single year.

It's always different in division games versus out of division games. You should know that by now.

If the Pats had an actual divisional challenger they might not come away with it every year.

If a team was on the level to challenge the Pats in division then logically they would probably play as well outside the division.

Therefore, resulting in a challenging division for the Pats.

Point is, nobody has stepped up to that plate yet. They've all been garbage recently, making it a cake walk. Jets gave them a hard time, but that was a blip, same with the phins at one point.

Really though Deacon is right.

bionic77

The defense sucked balls under LeBeau for awhile. He stuck with the vets for too long and did not bring up he new blood.

No anger towards him. He is a legend and he earned the right.

Tyrod lol. Let's just say I had about 3 pick sixes. The computer really couldn't score on me besides my mistakes. I got frustrated so stopped playing, I'll finish it soon. But it's the 4th and the score was like 28 - 6

Haha, I'll play my brother in a little while and stream it so you can laugh at Hundley vs Luck.

MechDX

I am going to start a group for fans of all teams without a franchise QB. Fans of the following teams get founders status:

Houston Texans
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Atlanta Falcons

All fans later petitioning to enter will be voted on

Narag

I am going to start a group for fans of all teams without a franchise QB. Fans of the following teams get founders status:

Houston Texans
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Atlanta Falcons

I'd like to join. 2011 was scary

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
He should have. Because honestly what do you see from the Falcons the next 5 years. I see a lot of burnt penis and losses with maybe 1 failed playoff run
Youre right he should have went to the pats or hawks. Everyone should actually.

Hell just make them the only two teams so no talent gets wasted anywhere.

Houston Texans
Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills
NY Jets
Atlanta Falcons

Save a placeholder for the Skins

jakncoke

Banned
Matt Ryan will never win a OWL, why stick around and watch your career fade away. If only Andre Johnson smartened up and jetted instead of wasting his career in Houston he probably could of had an OWL by now.

MechDX

I'd like to join. 2011 was scary

This is why I don't understand why the Colts don't get more hate. Who has that kind of good fortune thrown on them?

Cant wait till Luck walks in a couple more years

Matt Ryan will never win a OWL, why stick around and watch your career fade away. If only Andre Johnson smartened up and jetted instead of wasting his career in Houston he probably could of had an OWL by now.

Yeah because they put a gun to his head and made him sign.....this shall now be known as "drunk reasoning"

MechDX

Youre right he should have went to the pats or hawks. Everyone should actually.

Hell just make them the only two teams so no talent gets wasted anywhere.

Just remove the salary cap. Half a dozen teams in contention year in, year out.

Seems to be what everyone wants. Of course the Steelers would become as relevant as the Pirates so that could be a positive

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just remove the salary cap. Half a dozen teams in contention year in, year out.

Seems to be what everyone wants. Of course the Steelers would become as relevant as the Pirates so that could be a positive

You do realize the Pirates are going to be in the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, old gotor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom