• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT2| - Second verse same as the first

If it's a one time thing, understandable. But he's blow out both knees now and has had injury problems since college. He's not durable enough to last 16 games, especially not in a system like Chip's where the QB is going to get hit.

Exactly. Like, I hope the man plays the next five years and doesn't get hurt. I don't wish ill on him or the Eagles, but god damn, how are you going to be like THANK GOD OUR ANSWER IS HERE. NOW WE HAVE SAM BRADFORD.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I am usually the only one around so it's an unexpected surprise! A good one though cause it'd suck talking to myself for 17 weeks.

I expect a poor mans Kaep out of Tyrod honestly which, you know, is pretty good if we get second year Kaep and not last year Kaep.

I post a ton, LJ11 posts a ton of good analysis during the actual season and Trey comes in and out. There are a few others. Most fans leave during the offseason. For good reason.

gutshot

Be excited, but remember it's just the preseason still, and the secondary basically hasn't been tested yet.

Yeah. Luck seemed to be able to do whatever he wanted. Flacco was Flacco, not sure what to take from that performance. And, of course, Rodgers didn't play. Still the biggest question marks on this team is in the secondary.

That was not my question.

It was your question, and the answer is it's unrealistic because he, as evidence suggests, cannot stay healthy. It's the same reason I gasp for air every time someone touches Julio. Don't fucking NeoGAF argument me, you know what I'm saying.

Farooq

Banned
That's not entirely true, though it depends on your definition of "freak ACL tear". Scandrick, Benjamin, and Nelson went down to non-contact ACL tears, which are exactly the type of tears that can be prevented with sports science. It's the contact ones that can't be prevented.

Contact tears is what I mean by freak injuries.

Scandrick's injury was not non-contact. Also the Cowboys have been a leader in measuring workload, they also give the S&C coaches enough time for injury prevention conditioning.

I post a ton, LJ11 posts a ton of good analysis during the actual season and Trey comes in and out. There are a few others. Most fans leave during the offseason. For good reason.

Cool! I tend to stick to MLBGAF during the offseason but once foosball starts (preseason don't count) I post a lot.

Losing Freddy hurts man. :(

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Shia_Labeouf said:
. Don't fucking NeoGAF argument me, you know what I'm saying.
:jnc

Cool! I tend to stick to MLBGAF during the offseason but once foosball starts (preseason don't count) I post a lot.

Losing Freddy hurts man. :(

Yeah, it was both a dick move and a poor football move. He still had a year in him and when we finally looked settled, the team drops him. McCoy has a lot of miles on him. Jackson is a perfect spot back.

Snaku

Banned
LlU05M1.png

gCW7CEK.jpg

Contact tears is what I mean by freak injuries.

Scandrick's injury was not non-contact. Also the Cowboys have been a leader in measuring workload, they also give the S&C coaches enough time for injury prevention conditioning.

As far as I understood it, Scandrick's was non-contact, he was just run into after the tear had already occured and he was going to the ground.

ACE 1991

It was your question, and the answer is it's unrealistic because he, as evidence suggests, cannot stay healthy. It's the same reason I gasp for air every time someone touches Julio. Don't fucking NeoGAF argument me, you know what I'm saying.

It wasn't my question. I asked why I shouldn't be excited about the Eagles setting aside Sam Bradford's injury concerns, and you responded by immediately bringing up his injury history. If he goes down with a season-ending injury, yes, show's over. Yes, he's more susceptible to injuries given his past. All I was saying is that with Bradford at the helm this team looks really, really good.

I am usually the only one around so it's an unexpected surprise! A good one though cause it'd suck talking to myself for 17 weeks.

I expect a poor mans Kaep out of Tyrod honestly which, you know, is pretty good if we get second year Kaep and not last year Kaep.
Hey now. Tyrod has better touch on his passes and he's smarter than Kaep.

Line_HTX

Poor man's Squidward isn't exactly a standard you want to set and see...

_woLf

any word on what we're getting from the panthers for norwood?

edit: oh fuck the hawks released lemuel. I really liked him :(

Pepiope

If it's a one time thing, understandable. But he's blow out both knees now and has had injury problems since college. He's not durable enough to last 16 games, especially not in a system like Chip's where the QB is going to get hit.
No, he injured the same knee twice.

14 games, 0 touchdowns.

14 games where he had a whopping 27 rushing attempts and 35 passing attempts.

Also he had a rushing TD.

Also Joe Webb is a WR playing QB, Tyrod at least can work within the pocket and make accurate throws and this is from someone who likes Joe Webb.

I'm not expecting 40 TD's, but 25-28 total TD's and 11-12 INT's? I can live with that.

Did you see the gif I posted? Stupid question, but I don't know how anyone can look at it and say it is a non contact injury.

Yes. I also saw like 30 articles saying it was non-contact and the actual tear occured before the contact.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/report-scandrick-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2555624-preseason-acl-injures-can-be-drastically-reduced-heres-how
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516152/article/orlando-scandrick-tears-acl-and-mcl-out-for-season

So while I think the gif looks like it was the result of contact, that's now what writers are saying as far as I knew.

Crisco

Banned
Interesting. Gettleman hates giving up picks so he wouldn't make this move if he didn't think Norwood could make a real difference this year. This is something you do if you think your team has a chance at a deep playoff run and is only a player or two away......

rando14

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
On #Seahawks and the center position: When they were evaluating G Evan Mathis, they wanted to know if he could play center.

We r insane

14 games where he had a whopping 27 rushing attempts and 35 passing attempts.

Also he had a rushing TD.

Also Joe Webb is a WR playing QB, Tyrod at least can work within the pocket and make accurate throws and this is from someone who likes Joe Webb.

I'm not expecting 40 TD's, but 25-28 total TD's and 11-12 INT's? I can live with that.

28-12? That's Matt Ryan status. Do you really think Tyrod is Matt Ryan status?

Total TD's not passing TD's. I expect 19-20 passing TD's but he'll got 4-5 rushing TD's on top of those.

19-20 TD's to 11-12 INT's is about as average as you can get. And that's what I expect. Average. Which is enough.

Dragon

Banned
I didn't and I wish I had access to something with that granularity.

Otherwise I would.

Just go through every one of their game logs :)

Total TD's not passing TD's. I expect 19-20 passing TD's but he'll got 4-5 rushing TD's on top of those.

19-20 TD's to 11-12 INT's is about as average as you can get.

He has almost no NFL experience throwing passes. I'd be surprised if he'd be Brian Hoyer.

14 games, 0 touchdowns.
This is his first real shot in the NFL and he has looked great in the preseason. Not saying he'll set the world on fire but he's a much improved passer with great touch and solid accuracy, plus he's an incredibly dynamic runner.

Of course, he'll probably break his ankle in week two... but until then, all aboard the hype train!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo
Tom Brady
Ben Roethsliberger
Ryan Tannehill
Joe Flacco

that is your entire list of QBs last year who had 25+ touchdowns and 12 or less interceptions.

Best case scenario for the Bills is him playing as well as Kyle Orton played in 2014 honestly. Even that would be amazing.

rando14

I thought Andy Dalton is the universal definition for mediocrity / average, he went 19/17. I mean Rivers is probly a top 5 qb and he went 31/18....

Aaron Rodgers
Tony Romo
Tom Brady
Ben Roethsliberger
Ryan Tannehill
Joe Flacco

that is your entire list of QBs last year who had 25+ touchdowns and 12 or less interceptions.

I expect like at least 5 fumbles lost, he's always had that problem. And again he won't have 25+ passing TD's that's nuts and I don't expect that.

I think 19-20 over a full season isn't unreasonable. Mixed with the inevitable rushing TD's.

edit to your edit: Well I hope he's better than Orton because after 3 weeks of starting Orton fell off a cliff and was pretty damn bad.

Top Bottom