• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think he is going to end up on the 53?

I genuinely thought he was going to get cut from the Browns before they traded him.

The pats traded for him knowing he's an athletic freak that would be a project. They're not going to give up on him in a week unless he looks completely irredeemable.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's literally playing for his job.

You think he is going to end up on the 53?

I genuinely thought he was going to get cut from the Browns before they traded him.

They just traded a 5th for him. There is absolutely no chance they cut him without a couple weeks of showing. Brady has looked sharper as the night went on, but he's just a hair off still. Touch pass to Dobson was a tiny bit behind, but actually damn good through the air for Brady, he seems to have really worked on it the past 2 years, that and the hogan toss looked great. Edelman looked himself tonight 2. It's against backups, but overall the team looks damn good. I'm pretty confident in this defense, first time things have been flipped liked this, because I'm a tiny bit worried about the offense. Never know when brady's going to drop off, and the o-line is a question mark. Cannon has looked good, and the interior is definitely improved this year. Hopefully Cooper can stay healthy, he's an improvement over anything they had last year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brady still playing? Oh boy.

The media is trying to make a story of it here, but it makes sense, he's getting as many reps as possible with this group. There's a lot of new parts here with Hogan, Bennet, the o-line, the backs, etc. He's going to be away from the team for 4 weeks, no practice, no contact, etc. Get them in now and hopefully he can shake the rust quick week 5.

The media is trying to make a story of it here, but it makes sense, he's getting as many reps as possible with this group. There's a lot of new parts here with Hogan, Bennet, the o-line, the backs, etc. He's going to be away from the team for 4 weeks, no practice, no contact, etc. Get them in now and hopefully he can shake the rust quick week 5.

I would have understood a quarter but six series in? Playing with fire. Not that Bill gives a shit either way.

Sanjuro

He is only playing because he isn't the starting QB.

Get Hugh Millen off my fuckin screen.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I would have understood a quarter but six series in? Playing with fire.

I agree, but I think he needs those reps, he missed them with the thumb, he sat game 1. I think he wants these series to get as much built with this group as he can. The first few weeks of an NFL season always has the rust showing with teams wether it's dropsies, chemistry issues, defense miscues, o-line problems, etc. Tom is gonna have to deal with that week 5, for him mentally I think it makes sense.

I'm also of the mindset that if you're gonna get hurt... you're gonna get hurt. I used to think different like when welker went down in the texans games, but ultimately injuries can happen at any given moment in this league. I think these reps are super valuable for Tom right now and worth it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Crocodile Hunter Steve Burton

MechDX

I agree, but I think he needs those reps, he missed them with the thumb, he sat game 1. I think he wants these series to get as much built with this group as he can. The first few weeks of an NFL season always has the rust showing with teams wether it's dropsies, chemistry issues, defense miscues, o-line problems, etc. Tom is gonna have to deal with that week 5, for him mentally I think it makes sense.

I'm also of the mindset that if you're gonna get hurt... you're gonna get hurt. I used to think different like when welker went down in the texans games, but ultimately injuries can happen at any given moment in this league. I think these reps are super valuable for Tom right now and worth it.

He doesn't need to the reps. He is Tom Brady for Christ sake.

Joke all you want but the risk just isn't worth it

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He doesn't need to the reps. He is Tom Brady for Christ sake.

Joke all you want but the risk just isn't worth it

I'm not joking. The idea that players don't need reps is ridiculous. It takes a while sometimes for teams to get on the same page. I thinnk for tom mentally this is going to be different than he's ever dealt with and he wants to squeeze in what he can, so he's "more ready than ever" in his mind. I think it's more mental than anything, because it's obviously pre-season, but I think he wants a checklist of things to work on mentally, as many as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom