• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I agree, but I think he needs those reps, he missed them with the thumb, he sat game 1. I think he wants these series to get as much built with this group as he can. The first few weeks of an NFL season always has the rust showing with offenses wether it's dropsies, chemistry issues, defense miscues, o-line problems, etc. Tom is gonna have to deal with that week 5, for him mentally I think it makes sense.

I'm also of the mindset that if you're gonna get hurt... you're gonna get hurt. I used to think different like when welker went down in the texans games, but ultimately injuries can happen at any given moment in this league. I think these reps are super valuable for Tom right now and worth it.

MDBe6Rd.jpg

MechDX

Savage is just fearless. Doesn't flinch when the defense is bearing down on him and still delivers. Poise like a mother fuck.

I'm not joking. The idea that players don't need reps is ridiculous. It takes a while sometimes for teams to get on the same page. I thinnk for tom mentally this is going to be different than he's ever dealt with and he wants to squeeze in what he can, so he's "more ready than ever" in his mind. I think it's more mental than anything, because it's obviously pre-season, but I think he wants a checklist of things to work on mentally, as many as he can.
I hope the football gods strike Brady down for this.

I'm not joking. The idea that players don't need reps is ridiculous. It takes a while sometimes for teams to get on the same page. I thinnk for tom mentally this is going to be different than he's ever dealt with and he wants to squeeze in what he can, so he's "more ready than ever" in his mind. I think it's more mental than anything, because it's obviously pre-season, but I think he wants a checklist of things to work on mentally, as many as he can.
Especially timing throws, once the read and the decision are made it's all muscle memory, and that needs repetitions.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I completely forgot about the Pats drafting Richards.

So did I. I'd say it's one of belichicks annual "i'm reaching... why? Fuck you that's why" like Tavon Wilson, Jermaine Cunningham, buuuut he did the same thing with Duron Harmon and that somehow panned out, so I guess it works every now and then. That being said Richards looks like a mess out there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's the last time Tom can play for 4 weeks, obviously he should be in there playing.

Especially timing throws, once the read and the decision are made it's all muscle memory, and that needs repetitions.

This seems like common sense to me. The idea that it's just automatic, yeah I guess I agree to an extent, but EVERYONE needs practice to be perfect. It's what makes the greats, great. Ray Allen himself practiced all day every day even late in his 30s to keep his shot perfect.

As for timing throws those are key, he needs to build rapport with Hogan, him and edelman need to get on the same page in regards to his speed, depending on where that's at post injury, Brady had bennet open in the back of the endzone last week and over tossed him, likely because he's used to the timing with gronk, who probably reads the line better and obviously has a bigger radius. It also looks like Tom for whatever reason has a thing for Dobson, I think he wants him on this team so he's trying to display that. Could be wrong, but he goes his way a lot, his first throw was to him down the seam.

Sanjuro

This seems like common sense to me. The idea that it's just automatic, yeah I guess I agree to an extent, but EVERYONE needs practice to be perfect. It's what makes the greats, great. Ray Allen himself practiced all day every day even late in his 30s to keep his shot perfect.

As for timing throws those are key, he needs to build rapport with Hogan, him and edelman need to get on the same page in regards to his speed, depending on where that's at post injury, Brady had bennet open in the back of the endzone last week and over tossed him, likely because he's used to the timing with gronk, who probably reads the line better and obviously has a bigger radius. It also looks like Tom for whatever reason has a thing for Dobson, I think he wants him on this team so he's trying to display that. Could be wrong, but he goes his way a lot, his first throw was to him down the seam.

Practice ≠ Preseason

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So why exactly can I not use PS Vue to watch this here Texans game? Doesn't help that the attenna is shitting the bed too.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Practice ≠ Preseason

I would say the first few weeks of football are borderline practice for Tom at this point, and he's not getting that this year.

edit-
So why exactly can I not use PS Vue to watch this here Texans game? Doesn't help that the attenna is shitting the bed too.

Network down for maitenance so the ps4 isn't working with it right now. That being said I'm running it on the amazon stick right now fine.

Sanjuro

I would say the first few weeks of football are borderline practice for Tom at this point, and he's not getting that this year.

It is what it is. I mean, this is the same fanbase that proclaimed Brady to be done not too long ago.

Only reason he is out there is because he is the backup QB today.

Line_HTX

That 1st & Goal and 4th & Goal was fucking disgraceful.

Bunch of bitches and Weeden did a massive overthrow.

Soft pudding run blocking doo-doos.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
edit-
Network down for maitenance so the ps4 isn't working with it right now. That being said I'm running it on the amazon stick right now fine.
E: Never mind, it's been answered.
No no no. PS Vue is working for me. But the ABC 13 channel, isn't playing the game. It's playing filler crap. On the guide it says "NFL Football" when I click to go to the channel it says "NFL Football, Live from Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium". When it loads, some weird ABC crap.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This is definitely an unusual preseason for me. Typically I don't have many qualms about who gets the final roster spots, but there are a bunch of bubble guys that I want to see on the team. I like Foster, I like Derby, as much as I don't believe in him I think I want Dobson on this team, but they seem to like Martin as the guy. There are a few others I'm missing, but it'll be interesting regardless.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brissett has a very quick release.

He does and it's a Cannon too. I like him a lot. The release, the spiral, the pocket presence. Everything I've seen from him early on his been better than Jimmy G outside of the garbage time chiefs series. Obviously it's Jimmy's job, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jacoby is the guy they end up preferring... sooner than later too.

No no no. PS Vue is working for me. But the ABC 13 channel, isn't playing the game. It's playing filler crap. On the guide it says "NFL Football" when I click to go to the channel it says "NFL Football, Live from Arlington, Texas at AT&T Stadium". When it loads, some weird ABC crap.

edit-

That's weird, have you watched football on vue before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom