• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

You dont have to pretend anymore friend, you can come out as an Eagles fan now. Hell Howie actually made a great trade yesterday, things are looking up.

I listened to about 8 hours of sports talk radio yesterday in Philly and all they talked about was how dumb Doug was to have Wentz passing at the end of that game. There will be no honeymoon period at all for Doug. The knives are already out and once the team struggles it is going to get so much worse.

Are they calling for Schwartz to take over yet? It's inevitable.

MechDX

Are they calling for Schwartz to take over yet? It's inevitable.

Yes! Love Schwartz!

Forsett_original_original.gif

schwartzflag.jpg

congrats buddy!!!!

only a few years until you two can move to san diego :)

#TheDieg

Gonna live so prosperous.

Congrats. What field?

Financial Economics

congrats man!

<3

Congrats friend dutch,

thanks brother Chirs

Good shit Dutch. I'm cheering for Schippers too.

Me too friend.

:jnc

Congrats friend

Thank you too &#128149;

Farooq

Banned
Chris Brown had a blog post about Dez's TD. Link.

Which brings me back to Dak Prescott’s play against the Rams. There was nothing that sophisticated about the concept: The Cowboys called an inside zone run play, in which they blocked all of the Rams’ frontal defenders, including the backside defensive end (i.e., no read option element), and tasked Prescott with reading the safety to the side of the single receiver, who just happened to be Dez Bryant. Now, I’m not sure if Bryant was only allowed to run a fade or had some sort of choice in what route he’d run (either choosing on the fly or via a pre-snap signal between receiver and QB), but teams often adjust the route by the single receiver to find the way to best attack the safety.

In any case, given that it was Dez Bryant singled up, all Prescott really needed to confirm was that the safety wouldn’t be able to help, something he was able to do quite quickly and likely even pre-snap. (A savvier safety might have aligned inside and then hurried back outside; Prescott did stare down Bryant a bit.) And with an extra safety stepping up for the run and a freak of nature 1-on-1 near the goal line, Prescott’s choice was simple:

ScV1kKP.jpg

So while Prescott’s performance should give Cowboys’ fans hope for what they might see in the future, this play should give them some insight into what they might see this season: A cutting edge concept that, in the end, reduces to a winning formula: Run the ball behind that great offensive line with extra numbers, or throw it to #88. That makes sense to me.

Chris talks a little bit more about run/pass options in the link.

Mindlog

Joe Kania &#8207;@BucsDotCom 2h2 hours ago

Mike Evans with a nice deep route on Prince Amukamara. He got a prefect pass from Jameis Winston.
Hit a pass in pre-season joint practice with the Jags.
Don't want to jump the gun, but it looks like we're winning the SB this year.
NH9gE7v.gif

another day of no throwing for kap. i already know how the niners work. they are going to put him on IR so he can get healthy and they can cut him in the offseason without owing him

Farooq

Banned
Thanks for the link Farooq.

RPO's are employed in a lot of offenses now, those were usually second level reads (like when Romo threw an INT against GB in 2013). Steelers have been running packaged plays for years, a play that got covered was their inside zone y-seam/bubble.

A thing that bothers me is sometimes O-lineman are several yards down the field. In the gif I posted, Cowboys LG Collins is 4 yards down the field. Lineman action is a key for the defense. Collins being downfield is unfair, and technically that play is illegal. But that shit never gets called.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-indianapolis-colts-1785395395

The Broncos have won more Super Bowls with QBs drafted by the Colts than the Colts have.
Our favorite player is our drunk punter who is on a comedy show tour during the offseason.
We fell ass-backward into two generational talents in a row and will probably only have one rain-soaked Super Bowl victory over Rex fucking Grossman to show for it.
I wonder if it’s more enjoyable to be a Buffalo Bills fan.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Chris Brown had a blog post about Dez's TD. Link.

ScV1kKP.jpg

Chris talks a little bit more about run/pass options in the link.

I have never been clear - especially now with zone read pass plays - on what the window is for inelligle man downfield.

Farooq

Banned
I have never been clear - especially now with zone read pass plays - on what the window is for inelligle man downfield.

Technically an ineligible (damm autocorrect) man downfield is when a lineman is more than 1 yard downfield when the pass is thrown.

Farooq

Banned
Unless he is actively engaged in a block, correct?

Correct, but the intially block has to be within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage. Thanks for pointing that out.

Article 8 Section 3 said:
Item 1: Legally Downfield.

An ineligible player is not illegally downfield if, after initiating contact with an opponent within one yard of the line of scrimmage during his initial charge:

(a) he moves more than one yard beyond the line while legally blocking or being blocked by an opponent; or

(b) after breaking legal contact with an opponent more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, he remains stationary until a forward pass is thrown; or

(c) after losing legal contact with an opponent more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, he is forced behind the line of scrimmage by an opponent, at which time he is again subject to normal blocking restrictions for an ineligible offensive player.

JABEE

I was cleaning all day. The wife was doing a work training and the kids were in day care so I needed to listen to something and it can be very entertaining.
Don't apologize YankeeHater. I listen to and from work everyday in my car. Cataldi to work. Innes on the way home.

RBH

Sports radio in the Northeast is the absolute worst.

It's fascinating to hear the differences between sports talk radio in the North and South. I've noticed a lot of sports stations in the North place way too much emphasis on taking phone calls from listeners and allowing the callers to make up a good portion of the show, but my main issue is that the majority of the callers just seem..........kinda dumb. Maybe they need to implement a better screening process?

It's fascinating to hear the differences between sports talk radio in the North and South. I've noticed a lot of sports stations in the North place way too much emphasis on taking phone calls from listeners and allowing the callers to make up a good portion of the show, but my main issue is that the majority of the callers just seem..........kinda dumb. Maybe they need to implement a better screening process?

You heard of the SEC Network right? Paul Finebaum show?

Some of the bozos on there make WFAN or the Fanatic sound civil and orderly.

BigAT

"Kinda dumb" is the most generous thing that should be said about sports talk radio callers. I imagine the screening process is intentional, letting idiots with strong, polarizing opinions through in order to generate controversy and conversation. Basically the same formula that was used to make First Take what eventually became.

I hated Innes when he was here, glad he left.

We finally got rid of Nick Wright as well. Does a national radio show on Fox now. Fitting since he is a hack

Innes is a pretty divisive love/hate guy. A lot of Philly fans hate him for one of two reasons: a) he's not a homer and won't blindly say Philly teams are great and b) he's not from here. Not liking someone because they're not from here and aren't "a real Eagles fan" is pretty dumb. Thing is, the dude actually tells it like it is and has so little homerism that it's really refreshing compared to other people on sports radio. He got a lot of hate because he wouldn't go slobbering all over Chip Kelly while he was here, and a lot of what he said about Chip was correct. A lot of fans were pretty blind to it. Now, a ton of fans don't like Howie Roseman, and Innes is pretty positive on him generally. He doesn't do it to be contrarian or draw callers either, he's just telling it like he sees it. The show was better when Tony Bruno was on it.

Neither. Watch Battleship instead.

I'm not a huge Tarentino guy tbh. Never got the Kill Bill hype for instance and Samuel L Jackson is the only good thing in the entire Pulp Fiction movie. But from Inglorious Bastards on, it got pretty good.

Now Battleship, I've seen it in IMAX 3D. Brooklyn Dekker saved the movie, but I'm not gonna watch it again without being able to see her in 3D.

Congratulations to my family Dutch Patriot.

I'm buying a sixer of Corona in your honor!

My man &#128074;&#127995;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom