• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i have nerves before regular season games. trying to just stay relaxed. game needs to fucking start already and whatever happens happens.

the last time we were in the superbowl there wasn't all this media and nfln and all the coverage that i had access to. it's just too much for me. it's like the media is just fishing for a story to get someone to say something stupid or to report someone talking shit about the other team or whatever. its all about money for the NFL but eventually the game has to start!

My heart rate has been up for two weeks. I actually had a doctors Appt the other day and when they took my pulse, they were concerned why it was so high at rest. I had to explain. Tomorrow morning is going to be hell, but at least us west coasters don't have to wait as long.

Was this before or after you pumped her full of deer antler spray?

I laughed at this. But seriously, I put it in her lunchables.

brentech

nope, watching the game with my group of niners friends as usual! i hope there aren't a bunch of other people there. i don't hate kids but i cannot fucking stand kids being around when i'm watching a niners game. then you have their nobody parents going "OOHWOO HOO! NINERS GONNA LOSE THIS ONE BOY!"

i watched the niners/packers game at my buddies house and there was probably 20-30 people there because it was his wifes birthday. after kap threw that taint it was like a sea of trash talk from a bunch of people who weren't even packers fans! gtfo of here dude!
I seriously know what you're talking about. The worst most annoying type of people. Hate watching Packers games at parties due to those people.

ashton-meem.jpg

cornball brotha!

NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUR!

I'll be lingering here tomorrow. Can't go to the family party because it's across the lake.. and I'm on call for neuro emergencies - including the game. If any of the players has a serious neuro injury (brain/spine), I'd be summoned to the hospital for any stat MRIs.

Are you a Rad or a tech? Or the GAF Neurosurgeon?

I wasnt here last year for the Superbowll and I assume alot of Gaffers are gonna be in here tomorrow some of us angry fans of the teams playing, some of us Just drunk......
What's the over/under of some of us getting banned?

jakncoke

Banned
Marty Schottenheimer first job was a lb coach for world football league team Portland Storm, this made me lol

The team was in trouble off the field as well. They only drew 14,000 fans per game. Additionally, an onerous lease with Civic Stadium rapidly drained the team of cash. By the middle of the season, Harris was so short on cash that he persuaded the Detroit Wheels to move their game to his hometown of London, Ontario. The players went the last few games without being paid, and reportedly they had to depend on sympathetic fans for food. They were forced to move their final home game, against the Florida Blazers, to the road due to the poor attendance, and only played after Harris guaranteed them $50,000. The money never arrived.
The team finished the season with an overall record of 7-12-1, tied with Houston-Shreveport for 8th place in the 12-team league and seemingly qualifying them for the playoffs. However, league officials decided to reduce the playoff field to six teams--without telling anyone with the Storm. Soon after, the IRS slapped a $168,000 lien on the franchise.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just the MRI tech. Been scanning for about a decade now, so the students do ask me a lot of questions, hehe..

Thats pretty neat. I wish the city would do something about the crime though. One of our drivers had to GTFO after a shootout broke out around Carrollton by Xavier University. Its still as bad as it ever was.

HylianTom

Banned
What's your PACS system? You looking for any PACS Analysts? I want out of this Bay Area cost of living....plus, if the Ravens lose, I need to leave the state.
We have GE PACS. We have one on-site PACS guy, but the bulk of our PACS issues are resolved by a centralized help desk (I think in Tennessee).

I think I liked the McKesson PACS I had in Austin a little bit better, but GE's isn't too bad.

Thats pretty neat. I wish the city would do something about the crime though. One of our drivers had to GTFO after a shootout broke out around Carrollton by Xavier University. Its still as bad as it ever was.
Oh yeah. It's getting better in some areas, but the suburbs are really seeing a jump in crime. When I moved back in 2011, I had to promise the parents that I'd only live between St Charles and the river.. and this was only after we looked at different crime incidence maps over the past few years.

Jesus Christ, Larry. Win or lose you should post a fresh photo of your latest bowl movement.

I have to be good here, I definitely don't want to catch a ban. Now out on the streets, Facebook, twitter, etc, its another story.

Also, since Ogden and Sapp made the HOF, how happy are you? Sapp's always been your dude.

cajunator

Banned
I have to be good here, I definitely don't want to catch a ban. Now out on the streets, Facebook, twitter, etc, its another story.

Also, since Ogden and Sapp made the HOF, how happy are you? Sapp's always been your dude.

I still think you might enjoy Louisiana if you moved here. Plenty of work in the medical field there in NOLA or in Lafayette. Saints fans dont even mind Ravens fans because we dont play you guys all that often anyway. Just have to get used to the weather, which ranges between warm, hot, holy fuck its hot, and I'd rather be in hell.

Drakeon

I still think you might enjoy Louisiana if you moved here. Plenty of work in the medical field there in NOLA or in Lafayette. Saints fans dont even mind Ravens fans because we dont play you guys all that often anyway. Just have to get used to the weather, which ranges between warm, hot, holy fuck its hot, and I'd rather be in hell.

Let's be real here, it's not like his reason for hating the Niners is because we're in the same division and play all the time.

I go to one away game every year, and 2014 is already decided; New Orleans. Gotta my muffalata.

Let's be real here, it's not like his reason for hating the Niners is because we're in the same division and play all the time.

True. It's the fans. But this hate will burn eternally.

why did marty schottenheimer get blackballed out of the NFL? ok i get that you might not want him as headcoach but for fucks sake you have guys like dave wanstedt employed by NFL teams. surely there is a room on someones staff for a talented coach (which marty is)

JABEE

why did marty schottenheimer get blackballed out of the NFL? ok i get that you might not want him as headcoach but for fucks sake you have guys like dave wanstedt employed by NFL teams. surely there is a room on someones staff for a talented coach (which marty is)

Does Marty want to be an assistant coach?

jakncoke

Banned

You really need tag for this shit already. So funny.

jakncoke

Banned
For what? having actual pride in my state/region? Dont you have any pride in yours?

Because you are walking PR guy, its funny. Also currently in Ohio and Ohio is basically a herpes sore and Pennsylvania is basically the clap. So no! But maybe im just a negative person.

cajunator

Banned
Because you are walking PR guy, its funny. Also currently in Ohio and Ohio is basically a herpes sore and Pennsylvania is basically the clap. So no! But maybe im just a negative person.

I just hear a lot of negativity about this region and a lot of misconceptions (that our state doesnt really try to clear up and shows like DD and Swamp People doesnt help) so I want to kind of tell people what it is actually like here. I will admit it does come off as sort of PR'ish but how else would I say it?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Ohio Fun Fact: Did you know the Ohio state bird is depression? It's true!

squicken

He's got like 200 wins. He's not going to be on someone's staff. He's a great coach. No idea why he got black balled. He was even coaching in the UFL or XFL or whatever. He didn't handle firings in WAS and SD well so maybe that turned owners off, but then he should have never been fired from either job.

So much reminds me of Fisher and Fox. Great leaders. Players want to play hard for them. But they just don't understand how to win in close games. Turtling doesn't work but it's like they can't learn their lesson

Does Marty want to be an assistant coach?

does he want to be an assistant NFL coach over a head coach in the UFL or whatever other trash leagues are out there? i would hope so but if his message to NFL teams is that i want to be a head coach or don't bother then i guess there would be the reason

cajunator

Banned
New Orleans Pelicans is going make me lol for so long.

I love that name. I seriously love it to death. I'm not saying it will make me like basketball because fuck that sport, but I will lovingly call them the Pels and probably buy a bit of merchandise just to have that logo somewhere in my house.

I live way outside SF. Ten minutes from San Jose. The burbs nonetheless. Not worried. I'll parade around the neighborhood if we win.

Edit:

Also, that's a crow, idiots.

they hung it with mardi gras beads?

MechDX

So Watt wins DPOY of the year almost unanimous with one person voting VonMiller. who was the lone exception: why its Ashley Fox, dipshit from ESPN of course.

I swear she is just completely pathetic.

jakncoke

Banned
edit; stupid google fooled me, a dude pic up that i assumed what the ashley fox but he turned out to be a British solicitor and politician

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom