• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl XLVII |OT| Where The Magic Happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
I fucking hope so. I'll rub deer antler spray on his balls myself if I have to. C'mon, you don't tell me that the fact that a guy (Ray Lewis) can use a substance that can help him heal from a normally 10 month injury in 10 weeks is fucking AWESOME!?! If there was some sort of gorilla ejaculate that could have healed Bo Jackson's hip and made him back into what he once was, you're telling me you wouldn't have wanted to see it?

I'll be right there next to you, I'll get the left and you can get the right.

cajunator

Banned
I suppose I just didnt like the pacing of TWBB or some of the weird shit in it.
I can understand why its a popular movie though.
Just didnt click with me.

Rorschach

I fucking hope so. I'll rub deer antler spray on his balls myself if I have to. C'mon, you don't tell me that the fact that a guy (Ray Lewis) can use a substance that can help him heal from a normally 10 month injury in 10 weeks is fucking AWESOME!?! If there was some sort of gorilla ejaculate that could have healed Bo Jackson's hip and made him back into what he once was, you're telling me you wouldn't have wanted to see it?
Why would a Broncos fan want to see Bo run all over his team? You make no sense anymore.

I suppose I just didnt like the pacing of TWBB or some of the weird shit in it.
I can understand why its a popular movie though.
Just didnt click with me.

Give it a second chance! I change my mind on movies (and literature and songs for that matter) all the time. One of my favorites. DDL is awesome

Why would a Broncos fan want to see Bo run all over his team? You make no sense anymore.

Maybe the Broncos could have traded for Bo. Bo in Shanny's system =
ahh.png

squicken

What are you getting at?

I think post-season is way over-valued by fans and media when judging players and coaches in football. Too many random things happen to really draw conclusions. Think of all the weird things that have to happen to get the Pats their first SB. Or for them to lose the '07 game

I love football b/c of the Any Given Sunday nature of it. Marty definitely has a flaw in that he butt puckers in big games, but then Parcells has a huge flaw in not staying in the same place or ever winning like he did w/o George Young picking the groceries. Parcells is 3-5 in the post-season w/o that defense

edit: lol wrote that wrong initially

post-season
11-8 Parcells overall

I think post-season is way over-valued by fans and media when judging players and coaches in football. Too many random things happen to really draw conclusions. Think of all the weird things that have to happen to get the Pats their first SB. Or for them to lose the '07 game

I love football b/c of the Any Given Sunday nature of it. Marty definitely has a flaw in that he butt puckers in big games, but then Parcells has a huge flaw in not staying in the same place or ever winning like he did w/o George Young picking the groceries. Parcells is 3-5 in the post-season w/o that defense

Parcells is only in the discussion because of the Super Bowl wins. Let's be honest - SB wins trump everything.

squicken

Parcells is only in the discussion because of the Super Bowl wins. Let's be honest - SB wins trump everything.

I think the NY-NE thing is huge. Marty coached so many AFCW games. I just don't think fans have an awareness of the two western conference like they do the others. The games are usually played while the late, premier, game of the week is being played

Kiryu

I don't know why but I love his blue suit man, and his crazy mad wife.

130202wilson600.jpg

It's funny that Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of year but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Godslay

Banned
I think the NY-NE thing is huge. Marty coached so many AFCW games. I just don't think fans have an awareness of the two western conference like they do the others. The games are usually played while the late, premier, game of the week is being played

I don't quite get what you are getting at, but the AFCW was much more competitive when Marty coached. It was pretty much guaranteed that a wild card would come out of the West.

Narag

I don't quite get what you are getting at, but the AFCW was much more competitive when Marty coached. It was pretty much guaranteed that a wild card would come out of the West.

I think he meant they generally received less exposure in the rest of the country as their 1 pm games would have been overshadowed by marquee 4 pm games.

squicken

I think he meant they generally received less exposure in the rest of the country as their 1 pm games would have been overshadowed by marquee 4 pm games.

Think about it. Indy has a decade of dominance, but one bad year, and no SNF or MNF games. But every year, no matter how bad one of the teams is, DAL-NYG will be a primetime game. CHI-GB the same. Any doubts Philly gets a primetime game despite it's awful year? Outsider teams have to have a good record to get a primetime game. Blue blood teams have it as a given

You can talk of historic rivalries, but that basically means AFCS, NFCS, NFW, AFCW will always be second tier divisions. So sucks to suck or whatever flippant response goes here, but that does mean casual fans and sports media are unaware of what is going on with about half the league.

My daughter is starting Tee Ball in a few weeks, and even though we requested a few people to be on her team, which was on the registration form, she didn't get placed on the same team as her friends. i expected her to be sad, as she spent the last week drawing pictures of them playing together. when i told her, she responded..."I don't care who's on my team as long as we win" I'm pretty proud. Yeah, I know she shouldn't care about winning, blah blah.

Narag

Think about it. Indy has a decade of dominance, but one bad year, and no SNF or MNF games. But every year, no matter how bad one of the teams is, DAL-NYG will be a primetime game. CHI-GB the same. Any doubts Philly gets a primetime game despite it't awful year?

You can talk of historic rivalries, but that basically means AFCS, NFCS, NFW, AFCW will always be second tier divisions. So sucks to suck or whatever flippant response goes here, but that does mean casual fans and sports media are unaware of what is going on with about half the league.

It was so bad last year my local station decided to not even air the Colts-Panthers game. lol :(

I agree though.

My daughter is starting Tee Ball in a few weeks, and even though we requested a few people to be on her team, which was on the registration form, she didn't get placed on the same team as her friends. i expected her to be sad, as she spent the last week drawing pictures of them playing together. when i told her, she responded..."I don't care who's on my team as long as we win" I'm pretty proud. Yeah, I know she shouldn't care about winning, blah blah.

that's the difference between jim and john. in their NFLN "family bio" video from 2009, sabol asks john what the most important thing in football is. john says "you must compete." jims answer was "you must win".

you'll see that tomorrow

Any nerves?

dude i have nerves before regular season games. trying to just stay relaxed. game needs to fucking start already and whatever happens happens.

the last time we were in the superbowl there wasn't all this media and nfln and all the coverage that i had access to. it's just too much for me. it's like the media is just fishing for a story to get someone to say something stupid or to report someone talking shit about the other team or whatever. its all about money for the NFL but eventually the game has to start!

dude i have nerves before regular season games. trying to just stay relaxed. game needs to fucking start already and whatever happens happens.

the last time we were in the superbowl there wasn't all this media and nfln and all the coverage that i had access to. it's just too much for me. it's like the media is just fishing for a story to get someone to say something stupid or to report someone talking shit about the other team or whatever. its all about money for the NFL but eventually the game has to start!

Will you be around for the game?

I remember being pretty confident before XLV. I knew the Steelers were chumps. A lot more nervous before the first playoff game.

Was this before or after you pumped her full of deer antler spray?

Will you be around for the game?

I remember being confident before XLV. I knew the Steelers were chumps. A lot more nervous before the first playoff game.

nope, watching the game with my group of niners friends as usual! i hope there aren't a bunch of other people there. i don't hate kids but i cannot fucking stand kids being around when i'm watching a niners game. then you have their nobody parents going "OOHWOO HOO! NINERS GONNA LOSE THIS ONE BOY!"

i watched the niners/packers game at my buddies house and there was probably 20-30 people there because it was his wifes birthday. after kap threw that taint it was like a sea of trash talk from a bunch of people who weren't even packers fans! gtfo of here dude!

HylianTom

Banned
I'm really not sure why. Its not like the Saints are the worst team in the league or anything, and the fans who go to the games are absolute diehards. just on this forum for some reason they do not stick around.
I'm usually split between PoliGAF, gay-GAF, Nintendo-GAF, or I'm not on GAF at all due to tons of overtime at work or gaming marathons. But I do peek in here all the time, and I go to a few games each year (still on the waiting list for season tickets). *shrug*

I'll be lingering here tomorrow. Can't go to the family party because it's across the lake.. and I'm on call for neuro emergencies - including the game. If any of the players has a serious neuro injury (brain/spine), I'd be summoned to the hospital for any stat MRIs.

(Edit: and despite our team's new relative success, trash talk still doesn't feel natural.) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom