• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Milchjon

What the fuck, are WRs BB's new obsession after TEs?

Fuck OL and CBs, gotta get some more guys to throw to.

Maybe they can execute a new swarm offense, a Center, Tom Brady and 9 possible targets.

What's the maximum of players who can be eligible receivers in a play?

TheFatOne

It's fucking emberassing and horrible. Old man doesn't even understand the game man

Why.jpg

Have to keep receivers on their toes. BTW Pats fans book this Kyle Love is going to have a monster season. He improved last year, and continues to show improvement. He had a solid preseason game, and he is my pick to be the Patriots break out performer. Just for reference the person I picked last season was Cunningham. I really like Kyle Love. If he can be more disruptive this season that will free Wilfork up a little, and it would make it incredibly difficult for teams to run on the Patriots.

Wes

venison crêpe
I missed this:

@Ravens
Justin Tucker hit a woman in the head on a practice field goal attempt. Turns out that woman was Joe Flacco's wife, pushing baby Stephen!

bionic77

Thought the same, how can you say such shit, then drive to the basket and lose the ball like that, Kobe? Close win, really? Honestly, such a bullshit argument.
Team is weak on bigs because Dwight is hurt and we have no other centers.

They still won and were clearly the best team. Is there any international game the us men can say that?

Also to be fair there was no international game in 1992. The US is playing legit NBA players every night. Original Dream team played mostly scrubs.

TheFatOne

I know most people don't care about the Patriots,but this is for my fellow Pats fans. Just some thoughts on offense after the first preseason game.

After watching the Patriots first preseason game again boy Canon looked like ass as the RT. I watched the offense a few times just focusing on the both of the OTs.On the play were Brady got sacked Canon got immediately beat to the outside. Just a regular speed rush to the outside, and he couldn't handle that. Solder wasn't as terrible as I thought on that play. He did what he was supposed to do, but Canon guys beat him so fast it forced Brady to move out of the pocket.Canon then got in Solders way. Solder was still not that great on that play, but Canon deserves an equal amount of blame. The more worrying part in this game to me was how easily Solder got beat to the inside. The Saints DE used the same move twice, and beat Solder inside twice.

One thing that worries me about Brandon Lloyd is that Brady locked onto him on that deep pass. He had a wide open fullback for an easy 10 yard gain, but he just locked in to Lloyd. The defender was 5-10 yards away from the fullback. The fullback could not have been more open. He also could have dumped the ball off to Ridley.That was one problem with Moss. Sometimes Brady would just decide to throw it deep instead of seeing what the defense was doing, and looking for the open man.It didn't really matter anyway since Solder got his ass beat, and held on for dear life.

The oline problem is real if Vollmer does not play. Canon does not look ready to play RT. He just looked slow picking up the speed rush from the Saints. It could just be one bad game, but it did not look good at all. After watching the offense again I am more worried about the RT position.

Wrayfield

Team is weak on bigs because Dwight is hurt and we have no other centers.

They still won and were clearly the best team. Is there any international game the us men can say that?

Also to be fair there was no international game in 1992. The US is playing legit NBA players every night. Original Dream team played mostly scrubs.

No one says they aren't the best. But they are no Dream Team. Comparing early post communism euro b-ball to today's makes no sense (read Coach K's opinion on this, really smart stuff). Truth is, there are only two legit NBA stars on the Spanish team, I would even argue only one. The rest are run-of-the-mill average NBA/1st to 2nd rate euro players. You have to demonstrate your superiority.

Edit:

Also, Petrovic would've probably been the best euro player ever in the NBA, sorry Dirk. RIP, Drazen.

Wrayfield

Lol Goodell wants football to be an Olympic sport? Jesus the scores would be hilarious.

I would love that shit. With all the ridiculous sports out there (BMX, really??), why not? The stars and stars to be would sit out, the injury risk is so much bigger in football, but a selection of Division I/II players vs. others would be fun. The US would still win by a huge margin, but it would make the sport better here.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lol Goodell wants football to be an Olympic sport? Jesus the scores would be hilarious.

Never going to happen but nice to say to get involved in all those Olympic headlines!

(Due to size of squads and length of time available to play in)

I would love that shit. With all the ridiculous sports out there (BMX, really??), why not? The stars and stars to be would sit out, the injury risk is so much bigger in football, but a selection of Division I/II players vs. others would be fun. The US would still win by a huge margin, but it would make the sport better here.

My body is ready, starting Dutch linebacker right here.

lol

ChanHuk

Banned
Continuing where we left off yesterday in the ambulance. Sunday Funday. Got free breakfast at a hospital cafeteria. My guts hurt now. Should I be worried GAF? Should probably find an empty ER bed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's a real problem for the NFL - Goodell realizes that. The game is irrelevant on a global level, and the markets in the US are pretty much tapped out. To get people to care about the game internationally and to progress development of the sport on a global level it really needs a credible international tournament along the line of the Olympics.

But yeah its not going to happen due to logistical and economical reasons. No chance in hell NFL teams are letting their guys play a bunch of actual non-NFL games.

wUNs5.jpg

What a great man, what a great dad, what a great American. We should all strive to be like Tom.

Fantomex

It's a real problem for the NFL - Goodell realizes that. The game is irrelevant on a global level, and the markets in the US are pretty much tapped out. To get people to care about the game internationally and to progress development of the sport on a global level it really needs a credible international tournament along the line of the Olympics.

But yeah its not going to happen due to logistical and economical reasons. No chance in hell NFL teams are letting their guys play a bunch of actual non-NFL games.

How about instead they stop charging fans $100 dollars for replica jerseys? I'm sure that would help.

bionic77

Cuevas is going to start leaving condom receipts in his car so that his friends think he isnt a virgin.
I am pretty sure than 95% of the guys who come into every hot girl thread and declare that they would not have sex with a Kate Upton or whoever all are like that because they have a large unused box of condoms at home that they cannot return.

Top Bottom