• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

The crazy thing is while we have as much depth as we've had in years our weakest area remains one of the most essential in today's NFL, the secondary. Rogers has a high football IQ and he plays relentlessly, but he's prone to getting out ran and/or out muscled by #1 WRs. I like Goldson; he has speed, instincts, and hands but uses his powers selfishly more times than not. Whitner's above average against the run but well below average in coverage and T.Brown is probably best suited to playing nickel back. Generating a pass rush(and creating long fields with our ST) will be invaluable in masking their flaws this year and if anyone on the secondary get's hurt we're fucked.

On the optimistic side sooooo much of what we do on both sides of the ball relies on scheme, so shaky preseasons might turn out to be the norm during the Harbaugh Era.

i always overreact to pre-season (good and bad), i just want to see alex take some deep shots once in a while. to steal a page from the great greg shiano, i want alex to have some turnovers because i think it will yield greater rewards overall when he takes chances deep.

maybe that's going to happen and maybe not, we'll see. i'm not TOO worried about our defense but brock just fucking sucks and nothing is going to change that

Nameless

i always overreact to pre-season (good and bad), i just want to see alex take some deep shots once in a while. to steal a page from the great greg shiano, i want alex to have some turnovers because i think it will yield greater rewards overall when he takes chances deep.

maybe that's going to happen and maybe not, we'll see. i'm not TOO worried about our defense but brock just fucking sucks and nothing is going to change that

That 24 yard strike to Ginn, on the run, off his back foot by Alex made my dick hard.

For the first time in his career he has continuity and an arsenal of weapons. I'd consider anything less than 25tds/3500yds a disappointment, especially considering most defenses will make locking down our run-game the priority and force Alexander to beat them. Dude's gonna have Crabtree and Manningham/Jenkins in 1v1 coverage any time he wants them.

And yeah it's like someone turned the sliders all the way down on Tremaine Brock. He won't make the team.

That 24 yard strike to Ginn, on the run, off his back foot by Alex made my dick hard.

For the first time in his career he has continuity and an arsenal of weapons. I'd consider anything less than 25tds/3500yds a disappointment, especially considering most defenses will make locking down our run-game the priority and force Alexander to beat them. Dude's gonna have Crabtree and Manningham/Jenkins in 1v1 coverage any time he wants them.

i agree. he can make every throw. we've seen him make the elite throws. but it's like he has to be backed into a corner in order to attempt these throws. i guess any given game is going to dictate how many chances he takes but i just feel like he is extremely intelligent and has the physical abilities to do it, now he just needs to let it loose once in a while

and if brock doesn't make the team, who will be our 5th CB? rogers, brown, culliver, cox....

Nameless

i agree. he can make every throw. we've seen him make the elite throws. but it's like he has to be backed into a corner in order to attempt these throws. i guess any given game is going to dictate how many chances he takes but i just feel like he is extremely intelligent and has the physical abilities to do it, now he just needs to let it loose once in a while

and if brock doesn't make the team, who will be our 5th CB? rogers, brown, culliver, cox....

I agree. Being conservative is a gift and a curse. Settling for so many god damned field goals sorta defeats the purpose of only throwing 5 ints. But it's hard for me to believe that if Alex's balls are bigger than a couple of walnuts he'll be able to resist all the mismatches down the field he'll have this season.

And at this point I'd take either Spillman or Trenton Robinson filling it at dime back(if it came to that) over Tremaine Brock. Much like Madieu Williams last year, he should be kept as far away from the field as humanly possible.

I agree. Being conservative is a gift and a curse. Settling for so many god damned field goals sorta defeats the purpose of only throwing 5 ints. But it's hard for me to believe that if Alex's balls are bigger than a couple of walnuts he'll be able to resist all the mismatches down the field he'll have this season.

And at this point I'd take either Spillman or Trenton Robinson filling it at dime back(if it came to that) over Tremaine Brock. Much like Madieu Williams last year, he should be kept as far away from the field as humanly possible.

i don't get how brock sucks so fucking much. EVERYONE on our defense improved under fangio.... but not brock. he never turns around for the ball and is always in shitty position to make a play on the ball as a result of it. people sometimes forget he allowed a 3rd and 17 td pass in the nfc title game after the first kyle williams fumble and we had the perfect D called to stop that play. shameful

Wrayfield

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/23/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-2/

Barry Richardson was worse last year. Sporano is supposed to be a genius line coach. You'll have to hope he fixes it

Sparano, that's how his name is spelled, I never figured the guy out. Your run game should be greatly improved but it seems to me that over time he just micromanages too much and points out even the slightest mistakes by his O players. As a result, he loses their attention a bit. I think you will see a run-heavy O with Tebow sprinkled on top of it. Sanchez will game manage, that's all I would entrust him with anyway. Not sure Santonio will like that very much.

As for secret O, I don't buy, you have to practice it in game situations against Ds you don't know else you are gambling too much.

Milchjon

He came to his senses and realized that rooting for the Patriots is like rooting for pure, unadulterated evil.

xlarge_cc578b5bc982c2de474619f614a5183b.jpg

vs.

01f3fa_080712patsms06.jpg

Yeah, um, well, I mean, I just don't get it. I don't understand the rules. I mean, I'm not a rookie anymore, so I don't know why I'm getting thrown in the tub. I know it's all love
- Prince Amukamara, after video of a hazing incident went viral on the Internet.

Top Bottom