• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

Y
So does that mean the next time JPP gets a sack folks will say he threw them in the tub?

I'm guessing whenever Prince gives up a play we'll wonder what the true cost will end up being

In person, Pierre-Paul is surprisingly soft-spoken and friendly. Sitting in the team’s large locker room, which is actually shaped like a football, he answered every question politely, often punctuating his answers with “Yes, sir.”

Gotta love the NFL PR. You'd think he was a choir boy, when, as we've all seen, he's a borderline psychopath

LJ11 said:
Yeah, I was lying in bed, on the iPad
I know that feeling. The auto spelling correction drives me nuts.

squicken said:
I'm guessing whenever Prince gives up a play we'll wonder what the true cost will end up being
:jnc

Cuts to the arms by the defensive line no doubt. He'll have notches that look like Coples (ewww).

LJ11 said:
boy did i fuck that up. lol
In the fucking tub with you!

By the way, I mentioned earlier about Randle possibly running a wrong route that led to Eli's INT according to the beat writers - well they were wrong. Just a pure 100% Eli fuck up on that one:

"It was kind of a throwaway. I didn’t want to throw it, just throw it over the head of the receiver, and try to get it more out of bounds than what happened. So, I didn’t want to throw it to the receiver. I just have to make it more obvious, and throw it out of bounds."
Worst.Throwaway.Ever.

Rorschach

right, but i got cute and tried to label the link with a description. boy did i fuck that up. lol

No, I mean you can copy/paste your link (I just right clicked your link and clicked "open in new tab"). It works. But I guess futurevoid's link is good too: for the lazy!

Chili

I think he'll be the second string QB.

I wonder if the Redskins will go in with three QBs or two like last year. I can't see them taking just the two rookie QBs into the season, so I'm thinking three most likely. But I would love an extra spot for one of our young receivers while keeping Banks (Robinson and Briscoe looked good today).

Milchjon

I thought you rabid dogs might enjoy this quote:

The Man Himself said:
Brady comes from a loving and affectionate family. When asked if he resembled his father, Tom Sr., as a parent, he smiled and nodded.

“Very much so. But he had three daughters to start. So there was a lot of sensitivity in our house,” Brady said. “With two boys, it’s a little rough. They’re always playing rough. I’ll play rough with them.”

And a two year old pic from Trindon Holliday's rookie hazing:

wAMHJ.jpg

Striker

Gotta love the NFL PR. You'd think he was a choir boy, when, as we've all seen, he's a borderline psychopath
Is this based off the Prince-hazing thing? Who knows what it was about. It was probably, given what we know, payback for something Prince did to him at some point. Picking him out of the roster with no rhyme or reason would be extremely strange; thus not very likely. Not like JPP pulled a Leonard Little or a Ray Lewis.

Whining about losses is a Harbaugh staple. It's never a Harbaugh coached team's fault that they lost. It's always the reffing, or the other team getting away with something.

Fox318

Several Glendale Arizona news sources are reporting a man shot another man in the face in the Northwest parking lot of the University of Phoenix Stadium Friday night. The shooting happened outside while inside the stadium the Raiders were playing the Cardinals in a preseason NFL matchup.

Reportedly a fight broke out between two men and one of the men pulled a gun and shot the other in the face. The shooter is in custody and the victim is in the hospital in critical condition.

The incident is all too familiar to the Raiders and their fans whose annual preseason matchup with Bay Area rival 49ers was canceled until further notice due to a shooting that occurred following a game at Candlestick park two seasons ago. That violence had the NFL and the Raiders beefing up their security.

For this particular incident, there is no word on what started the altercation, who was a fan of whom (as if that should matter).

But I urge you to leave those matters to others who can't separate sport and life. Keep your thoughts with the victim and his family.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...arking-lot-during-raiders-cardinals-preseason

Seda

Haven't been able to see any highlights but how is Alshon Jeffrey doing for you Bears guys? I wish we would have got him for the Panthers but oh well. He came through for us so many times at South Carolina.

He's been good, even last week when the rest of the Bears stunk it up, he played well.

Several Glendale Arizona news sources are reporting a man shot another man in the face in the Northwest parking lot of the University of Phoenix Stadium Friday night. The shooting happened outside while inside the stadium the Raiders were playing the Cardinals in a preseason NFL matchup.

Reportedly a fight broke out between two men and one of the men pulled a gun and shot the other in the face. The shooter is in custody and the victim is in the hospital in critical condition.

The incident is all too familiar to the Raiders and their fans whose annual preseason matchup with Bay Area rival 49ers was canceled until further notice due to a shooting that occurred following a game at Candlestick park two seasons ago. That violence had the NFL and the Raiders beefing up their security.

For this particular incident, there is no word on what started the altercation, who was a fan of whom (as if that should matter).

But I urge you to leave those matters to others who can't separate sport and life. Keep your thoughts with the victim and his family.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...arking-lot-during-raiders-cardinals-preseason
Terrible news hope the guy recovers, damn Raiders bringing their thuggery on and off te field. Although my first bet would've been Kolb going after Tommy Kelly in the parking lot.

Terrible news hope the guy recovers, damn Raiders bringing their thuggery on and off te field. Although my first bet would've been Kolb going after Tommy Kelly in the parking lot.

it seems wherever the raiders go, problems follow. our team recognized that and now we refuse to play the raiders in the preseason anymore. that's probably why york is against sharing a stadium with the uncivilized animals!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
And a two year old pic from Trindon Holliday's rookie hazing:

wAMHJ.jpg

omg, how will that guy ever be the same? He could have torn both acl's on that thing!

Yeah, there aren't any nutjobs in AZ that might shoot up a bunch of innocent people...

Slo

Alright bros I'm not sure what we're arguing over here. Everyone agrees it's hazing. We all understand what hazing is. We all understand some people go to far. We all agree what JPP did was an asshole thing.

Pretty much. I'm not quite outraged enough to paint my fingernails, paint my face, braid my long blonde flowing locks, turn my Viking hat sideways and ride my VIKEBIKE to the capital, but I'm right on the edge.

Don't push me.

RBH

Pretty much. I'm not quite outraged enough to paint my fingernails, paint my face, braid my long blonde flowing locks, turn my Viking hat sideways and ride my VIKEBIKE to the capital, but I'm right on the edge.

Don't push me.

Vikings_stadium_006.sJPG_800_450_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Nameless

Glad Jacobs and James seem to be ok. Jacobs looks inspired this season, I think he could thrive in his role. B-Jac in our jumbo package with Big Issac leading the way means we have a guaranteed three yards any time we need it. That'll definitely come in handy.

Tremaine Brock most like lost a job tonight while Eric "Flesh Eating" Bakhtiari earned one. I love the idea of having him for when Brooks takes is weekly in-game nap. Kid has a motor and clear instincts. He'll wreak havoc late in games for us.

Tolzien has to be the 3rd QB. We'd be insane to let him go. Not saying it'll happen, but it wouldn't floor me to see him as the guy one day. Josh Johnson's the odd man out..

well after watching the full game last night it's pretty clear we have a long way to go in the passing game. i don't know if alex will ever be above middle-of-the-pack, but if he doesn't start taking some chances down the field he won't be.

on the missed moss TD last night i realize that VD was his first read and was open so he passed to him but it's just troubling that he either wont go down the field or coaches make all his initial reads short reads that don't really go anywhere.

on top of that our defense looks really shaky right now. i know we were playing without some starters on D but the secondary just looks like a leaky boat. no pressure on the QB either. maybe aldon/brooks fix that and maybe they don't but if brock is on the field at all (which i'm assuming he will be week 1 against the packers and their 4/5 wide sets) then we are in trouble

about the only compliment i can give to our team right now if the offensive line/running game. two weeks in a row we have absolutely dominated up front in the running game. hopefully this continues because i don't think we were a very good running team last year, we just had a high number of runs so the final rushing yards looked somewhat decent

i still think we win the division but unless our passing game improves and/or our defense goes back to playing out of this world (like they did last year), we aren't going to do anything meaningful

bionic77

FMT remember you want that 5 or 6 seed if you want to do anything meaningful. One and two seeds are a liability in the postseason these days.

squicken

Brief little thing on Rams game. Cleary the Rams opened up a bit vs KC. I've noticed in preseason that teams seem much more concerned about playing well at home. It'll be interesting to see what IND does with Luck tonight, as they were very intent on showing well last week

Anywho, one thing I've heard from people who bash Schotty are that he needlessly shifts an has dumb formations. I can say that at least with this one, it was very well done. Something the Rams struggled with last year was the delayed/zone dog/fire dog whatever you want to call it, when STL goes max protect, the defenders responsible for the players staying in simply blitz. The Rams had all sorts of trouble with it last year.

Yesterday's game vs KC. Kendicks lines up wide and motions to backfield. It looks like he will stay in, so Berry begins to rush. Kendricks leaks out, and Berry is late picking him up. That motion identified the man coverage, and putting him in the backfield generated a predictable response from KC that they could exploit

iCeBqTDyoiugm.gif

Speaking of Kendricks, if they can get him going . . . Had so many drops last year and really struggled to learn the offense, but he is too fast for LBs and too big for DBs to handle

iQcEHykrm2HkS.gif

iokGQLA1tDfLt.gif

And just a note from last week. It's not the same coverage or play that Luck had with Collie last week, but my point is the same. Give almost any QB time and he can freeze a safety and hit a tight throw

i9w3GoFWaYofK.gif

cajunator

Banned
well after watching the full game last night it's pretty clear we have a long way to go in the passing game. i don't know if alex will ever be above middle-of-the-pack, but if he doesn't start taking some chances down the field he won't be.

on the missed moss TD last night i realize that VD was his first read and was open so he passed to him but it's just troubling that he either wont go down the field or coaches make all his initial reads short reads that don't really go anywhere.

on top of that our defense looks really shaky right now. i know we were playing without some starters on D but the secondary just looks like a leaky boat. no pressure on the QB either. maybe aldon/brooks fix that and maybe they don't but if brock is on the field at all (which i'm assuming he will be week 1 against the packers and their 4/5 wide sets) then we are in trouble

about the only compliment i can give to our team right now if the offensive line/running game. two weeks in a row we have absolutely dominated up front in the running game. hopefully this continues because i don't think we were a very good running team last year, we just had a high number of runs so the final rushing yards looked somewhat decent

i still think we win the division but unless our passing game improves and/or our defense goes back to playing out of this world (like they did last year), we aren't going to do anything meaningful

Saints D actually looked like it belonged on an NFL field the first two preseason games and then reverted to normal in the third. Not sure what to make of that really. a few players came back from injuries in the offseason and probably had rust, but the tackling, angles, positioning, and sideline defense was all really lacking. Hopefully its just an aberration, because the team brought in a lot of new players on D. How much of a turnover did the 49ers defense undergo? Is it most intact from last year? Chemistry is a delicate thing for a team. Its so easy to fuck it up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How much of a turnover did the 49ers defense undergo? Is it most intact from last year? Chemistry is a delicate thing for a team. Its so easy to fuck it up.
All starters are returning, so the focus has been more on building/adding to the defensive system since there wasn't a ton of time for installation last season.

this_guy

What's your second team?

That depends - haven't had my draft yet in fantasy football. Liked watching the Lions play last year until their coach became more of a douche during the year. I hate the Patriots so I get along with most NFL fans.

squicken

I'm curious how he is coached. He takes a lot of sacks, like he's holding it for something to develop. But he never really tries a stick throw. I wonder if Harbs just tells him to take the sack and not force it, or if Alex just won't pull the trigger. I think teams are aware he doesn't try a lot of outside the numbers throws from the pocket, as he hit some pretty open guys on some outs yesterday

Top Bottom