• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I for one can't wait for the lifelong Cowboys fans to show up, when we start the season 4-0

tumblr_m7qsmyCDCc1qh94vdo4_250.gif

maybe2-2

Nori Chan

Wait, snes is permad?

Fuck, who's going to give me my weekly cussing post saying fuck the bucs why do i root for this team now?

I usually looked forward to those, besides FMT's posts about fuck the (insert opponent here and their skeletons in the closet)

ALSO THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR
WE GET TO THE PLAYOFFS AND GET PAST THE FIRST ROUND
FUCK THE BRONCOS

AyxQwETCUAEiV2V.jpg:large

Dont'a Hightower is 1 uuuuh 'chunky' dude at 6"4, 270 pounds. He's even bigger than Brandon Spikes. Gonna be fun to see him play.

Top 15 defense baby!

Can't wait for Matt "The Truth" Flynn to resume his warpath and expose Harbaugh's defense twice over. If I had any lack of humanity I'd :squicken and root for the Seahawks alongside jakncoke as they look to finally avenge their loss in SB 42.

squicken

http://www.footballperspective.com/random-perspective-on-the-2012-new-york-jets/

The wide receiver group is among the league’s least proven, although the Jets hope the sum is more than the individual parts. Santonio Holmes was a disaster on and off the field last season, and can’t contribute any less this year. If nothing else, Ryan is willing to acknowledge the fact that Holmes is perhaps the least likeable Jet since Mark Gastineau. When asked about Tim Tebow, Rex commented: “I want all of the players to be as popular as Tebow. I don’t think that’s going to happen, especially with Santonio Holmes, obviously.”

That might be the most impressive thing Holmes ever does if he's as hated as Gastineau was.

mr2xxx

Banned
2012-07-27_2007.jpg

" I see that edible Avatar looking monstrosity, change it!"

In other football related news my team won our Flag football championship against a Pats like undeafeated team. They humiliated us week one by throwing And 1 behind the back style passes but now we are tasting thier Brady like salty tears of defeat.

Milchjon

In other football related news my team won our Flag football championship against a Pats like undeafeated team. They humiliated us week one by throwing And 1 behind the back style passes but now we are tasting thier Brady like salty tears of defeat.

How much fun is playing defense in flag football?

E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES! Let's go Yankeehater! It's time for the Birds to win it!
Fuck yes! This year has to be better then last year.

I for one can't wait for the lifelong Cowboys fans to show up, when we start the season 4-0
And then disappear when you guys go 0-4 to finish the year.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I forgot about the LA Rams (lol LA).

Now lets think of funny captions for Brady giving that kid in a wheelchair a autograph.

That kid could totally take Brady in a fight.

mr2xxx

Banned
How much fun is playing defense in flag football?

It's fun, in flag football you score nearly everytime but you can put pressure on the QB and get a sack or a bad throw and an INT. In our two playoff games we got 5 or 6 INTs which sealed both games for us.

He is also faster than Spikes, and more explosive from the early reports in camp. This is just a taste of things to come on offense
and Defense :(
Brady to Lloyd

Are people allowed to record at training camp? Pats trying to make up for spygate?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reports have been pretty positive for WR Travis Benjamin at camp so far. Seems to be catching everything thrown at him.

/trainingcamphype

I won't tell anyone :D

Thanks, don't want people to think I'm that racist even for a German.

He is also faster than Spikes, and more explosive from the early reports in camp. This is just a taste of things to come on offense
Brady to Lloyd

I'm so excited for Hightower even more than for Chandler. Lloyd is gonna be pretty great as well, also good to see in that video that McCourty is already in mid-season form :/

Milchjon

Brady to Lloyd

Sexier than Tebow.

I want my 2010 McCourty back. Makes no sense to me.

Just like Pats D.

Indeed, they seem to think they're playing flag football sometimes. But I was talking about their motivation, since most people seem to play D for the hits.

mr2xxx's explanation makes sense, though.

TheFatOne

Thanks, don't want people to think I'm that racist even for a German.

I'm so excited for Hightower even more than for Chandler. Lloyd is gonna be pretty great as well, also good to see in that video that McCourty is already in mid-season form :/

I feel the same exact way about Hightower because I have always thought that Jones is a project, and Hightower would make an impact immediately.

Sexier than Tebow.

I want my 2010 McCourty back. Makes no sense to me.

The good news is that there is simply no way he is worse than last season. I think he will bounce back, and have a solid year this year. I'm not sure if he will be what he was in 2010, but I think he will be solid this season. I really believe the defense will improve this season. I just want Ras-I to stay healthy to see what he can do. I really can't wait until the preseason games start so I can see what this defense will look like.

squicken

Brady to Lloyd

Perfect offense for Lloyd. He can play the Moss role. Work outside the numbers and vertically. He is a fantastic route runner but he needs time to get open using his double and triple moves. Works great for Pats and Broncos who can pass block. Not so much in STL where they couldn't.

What he is though is a little whiny bitch who will absolutely not take a hard hit. When he catches the ball in traffic he will fall down. Unless he gets behind the defense there will be no YAC. You will begin to laugh at how he always manages to catch the ball while falling down. He's very weird and a malcontent when things don't go his way.

brentech

Dolphins training camp doesn't sound very exciting to me, be thank god Hard Knocks is coming on Aug 7. Some sort of NFL into my home.

Milchjon

Time for another edition of "Milchjon doesn't know shit":

Has Brady ever had a bad year? Seems to me like he's been at least very good and mostly really great ever since he came into the league. All the years I've been watching, he's been awesome, but what about 2001-2007? Anything I'm missing from looking at the numbers and highlights?

I'm always worried he might have a down year at one point and we're fucked.

Perfect offense for Lloyd. He can play the Moss role. Work outside the numbers and vertically. He is a fantastic route runner but he needs time to get open using his double and triple moves. Works great for Pats and Broncos who can pass block. Not so much in STL where they couldn't.

What he is though is a little whiny bitch who will absolutely not take a hard hit. When he catches the ball in traffic he will fall down. Unless he gets behind the defense there will be no YAC. You will begin to laugh at how he always manages to catch the ball while falling down. He's very weird and a malcontent when things don't go his way.

Lloyd doesnt have anywhere near the speed that Moss had back in the day. If the Pats plan is to have him go deep and just have Brady throw over the top of the D it is going to be a disaster.

squicken

That's crazy talk. Holmes doesn't deserve this hate.

The Gastineau line was from the writer, but Rex is the one who said Santonio was unlikable

Lloyd doesnt have anywhere near the speed that Moss had back in the day. If the Pats plan is to have him go deep and just have Brady throw over the top of the D it is going to be a disaster.

He is a marvelous technician. An amazing route runner. He also can jump and has great hands. Two years ago he lead the league in YPC with Kyle Orton and Denver's OL. The OL thing is important. He uses lots of double and triple moves to get open. It takes time, but he gets separation. He will have 1200 yards and 10 TDs this year

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Has Brady ever had a bad year? Seems to me like he's been at least very good and mostly really great ever since he came into the league. All the years I've been watching, he's been awesome, but what about 2001-2007? Anything I'm missing from looking at the numbers and highlights?

Brady has always been good. Selling your soul will do that for you. But yeah, at some point the devil will want his due and he'll either start declining, or just retire to a life of mani-pedis and appletinis.

Wrayfield

Indeed, they seem to think they're playing flag football sometimes. But I was talking about their motivation, since most people seem to play D for the hits.

mr2xxx's explanation makes sense, though.

Oh, you play O for the hits as well :D. But there is nothing sweeter than an INT, flag is fun as hell.

2009 was probably his "worst" year

TheFatOne

The year they got smoked by the Ravens 2009?
I try not to think about that season
Tom had a bad year. Overall numbers don't really tell the true story that season. He was just really solid early in his career. His 2006 season was one of his best seasons ever, and the numbers don't do him any justice. His receivers in 06 were pure garbage, and he somehow managed to put up respectable numbers. Reche Caldwells bug eyes still haunt me to this day.

This doesn't bother me, but I do worry about diva players when shit doesn't go their way. I'm excited about Lloyd, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low. If he can get something like 700 yards receiving I will be extremely happy.

2001-2003

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Espn machine is Dead set on breaking the Jets down mentally. It is their goal to run this tebow Sanchez thing into the ground. Cameras all over training camp fixed on QB's doing simple passing drills with no defense and Sal and Jaws breaking down the footage.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Espn machine is Dead set on breaking the Jets down mentally. It is their goal to run this tebow Sanchez thing into the ground. Cameras all over training camp fixed on QB's doing simple passing drills with no defense and Sal and Jaws breaking down the footage.

Fuck if my QBs can be broken down by a few cameras in training camp then this season is already over.

I think its more likely that you know, they just suck. And they're happening to learn an entire new offense with tons of new (and probably not very good) offensive players around them.

Fox318

I blame Skip Bayless

SonnyBoy

LOL awesome. I'm actually going to join a league this year.

"oh hey that team went 15-1 this season? Guess what guys just checking in for the playoffs, been a fan since I was an infant. My dad used to take me to games when I was 3 years old. I don't normally post in here but figured now is a good time to do so. GO TEAM! And don't worry I'll always be posting in here I"m a true fan...oh wait we lost in the first round? See ya!"
Fuck youuuuuuuu. You don't want to start up another year of full pages of consecutive Packers posts do you?

We lost our biggest contributor in Bucket head once he realized the Packers were too mainstream. I'll have to start picking up the slack. Greg and ez and brentech have all held it down. Seems like a few were lost in the shuffle though.

The balance seems like it has been restored though. Dirty browns fans have come back again because they only live during the off season when there's hope

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Fuck if my QBs can be broken down by a few cameras in training camp then this season is already over.

I think its more likely that you know, they just suck. And they're happening to learn an entire new offense with tons of new (and probably not very good) offensive players around them.

all i am saying is that ESPN needs to fall back and stop forcing this tebow thing down our throats. They build up people just to capitalize on the negativity that is sure to follow. I dont care if they are good or not, I just cant stand the way they create these issues.

Top Bottom