• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

brentech

We lost our biggest contributor in Bucket head once he realized the Packers were too mainstream.

lol, pretty much

Hopefully 1-2 of our new defensive players will contribute pretty early this year. We need some help. I already miss Collins. Feel so bad that he's gone, total fluke injury.

Reports have been pretty positive for WR Travis Benjamin at camp so far. Seems to be catching everything thrown at him.

/trainingcamphype
Sounds like Gordans been pretty impressive and is quite the big guy, Greg Little working in the slot also. I expect Gordon to start sooner rather than later

Tebow what a hunk of Qb at 261 lbs

Washingtonian here who has family from VA and family from Philly, mostly been a philly fan, but I can drive to every Skins game and have a mancrush on RGIII.

unsurewhatwant

K-19

Banned
So, excited!! My first pre-season :')

So what means training camp? What should I have in mind to understand what happens?

Newbie mode now engage

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fun piece from Bill Barnwell involving Vegas odds, my favorite tidbit on the 49ers and why they will win less than 10 games this year.

"The Niners improved by a full seven wins last year, going from 6-10 in 2010 to 13-3 during their huge season last year. Ten other teams have made a seven-win leap since the advent of the 16-game season in 1978. They each declined during the subsequent season, winning an average of 4.7 games less than they had during the previous year."

If I were a Patriots, Bills or the other ones, I'd be worried as shit about the Jets. Don't you realize, one Sanchez injury, one media induced breakdown, or a few bad games by Sanchez, and you will have to deal with Saint Tebow levitating down the down field, avoiding tackles carried on the wings of Angels?

Seriously, the Jets have better pieces than the Broncos did. If he could do it with the Broncos, he may work his miracles with the Jets.

Milchjon

So, excited!! My first pre-season :')

So what means training camp? What should I have in mind to understand what happens?

Newbie mode now engage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training_camp_(National_Football_League)

There are two important things in mind: The hype means nothing and just look at every pic of Brady to get in the mood.

And related to the discussion a few days ago, thank the pro-gay gods of the internet. I will make this at some point in the future to help me get over the lack of Fried Chicken in Germany.

If I were a Patriots, Bills or the other ones, I'd be worried as shit about the Jets. Don't you realize, one Sanchez injury, one media induced breakdown, or a few bad games by Sanchez, and you will have to deal with Saint Tebow levitating down the down field, avoiding tackles carried on the wings of Angels? Seriously, the Jets have better pieces than the Broncos did.
The Rise Of Tebow will be a great day indeed

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If I were a Patriots, Bills or the other ones, I'd be worried as shit about the Jets. Don't you realize, one Sanchez injury, one media induced breakdown, or a few bad games by Sanchez, and you will have to deal with Saint Tebow levitating down the down field, avoiding tackles carried on the wings of Angels?

Seriously, the Jets have better pieces than the Broncos did. If he could do it with the Broncos, he may work his miracles with the Jets.

Indeed. Mark Sanchez will start the season 1-4, the Jets will put in Tebow, finish the year 12-4 and then win the Super Bowl.

Wrayfield

I welcome his coming back. They will have a good running game. But imagine Holmes' reaction when he catches 1.2 passes per game for an average of 26.4 yards. That's gonna be entertaining to watch. Also, not sure Jets D will be as good as Broncos juice D last year.

Not cool. You totally got me with the bait and switch. I fully expected a Joe Flacco/Baltimore Ravens contract negotiations break down article. Not this. Never this. Also, I have a problem with the wording in the article. It says "He threw for yards 3,610 yards and 20 touchdowns with 11 interceptions in helping lead the Ravens to the AFC championship game last year." He didn't lead them anywhere. He was carried there on the backs of better players. Fuck Flacco.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah he was a big dude, Get your water in peeps. Its good for you when you exercise

3. Nine months since his last concussion, Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best still hasn't been fully cleared for contact. This is not good.

damn

bionic77

I am going to throw a huge party at the ESPN thing in Baltimore once Flacco gets the first of many contract negotiations. Everyone is invited, even Pat fans. Hopefully we will be doing this every 4-6 years until I can throw one last party the day Flacco retires as a Ravens.

Fuck the haters, Flacco is good enough to win a Superbowl with the Ravens. It's Cam Cameron that's the problem, always trying to wave his dick around and make us a passing offense. He need's to realize our offensive priorities go 1) Ray Rice 2) defensive touchdowns 3) on-field shankings 4) Flacco.

Option 735) Field goals FUCK CUNTIFF

bionic77

2001-2003
Brady was hot garbage in his first two years, and especially during their first SB run. Weird how that never gets mentioned anymore. I loved it back in the day when they refused to give Tom any credit. Also fuck Drew Bledsoe for life! Brady's stank was so bad in 2001 that we were about to comeback with Kordell Stewart until that bitch ass Bledsoe came in for an "injured" (read benched rookie bitch) Tammy.

Playing defense and clutch special teams won them 3 SBs (not to mention favors from Satan and rampant cheating). What has putting the ball in Tammy's hands all the time and ignoring the defense gotten them since 04?

bionic77

Fuck the haters, Flacco is good enough to win a Superbowl with the Ravens. It's Cam Cameron that's the problem, always trying to wave his dick around and make us a passing offense. He need's to realize our offensive priorities go 1) Ray Rice 2) defensive touchdowns 3) on-field shankings 4) Flacco.

You don't need to convince me. I have been watching Flacco since day one and you won't find a bigger fan!

Hell yeah Bionic. That game winning throw to Torrey Smith at ketchup field that helped deny the Steelers the division title, causing them to travel to Denver to get blinded by the magnificence of Tebow in a loss more embarrassing than the bed shitting against the Packers the previous year?

Pure. Flacco.

Wrayfield

Fuck CamCam!

bionic77

Hell yeah Bionic. That game winning throw to Torrey Smith at ketchup field that helped deny the Steelers the division title, causing them to travel to Denver to get blinded by the magnificence of Tebow in a loss more embarrassing than the bed shitting against the Packers the previous year?

Pure. Flacco.
We were too banged up to win anything at the end of last year, especially on defense. This was the same defense that Tebow bent over and filled with his Holy Spirit for 61 minutes of football.

Speaking of Flacco though, I can never stop loving the guy that helped us win the AFC Championships in 2008 and 2010. I mean especially in the divisional game in 2010. Most qb's are dicks and would take a multiple TD lead and bury you. But no, not Flacco. That is a man with honor. His turnovers and "fair play" were instrumental in letting us come back as quickly as possible in the 2nd half so it could be more of a fair match. That Erron Rodgers guy can learn something about sportsmanship from Flacco!

Milchjon

We were too banged up to win anything at the end of last year, especially on defense. This was the same defense that Tebow bent over and filled with his Holy Spirit for 61 minutes of football.

Is making excuses a viable strategy in court? Because you're really good at it.

Top Bottom