• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

You don't need to convince me. I have been watching Flacco since day one and you won't find a bigger fan!

This is what I don't understand about my fellow Ravens fans. When you have a Steelers fan saying these things, do you not see what the perception is by everyone except the Ravens fans who have yet to see the light? Flacco is not a good quarterback, he is holding us back. The problem is, we have been grown accustomed to beyond awful quarterback play, so when we see just plain bad quarterback play, we think it's good enough. Time to open our eyes and remove the shroud of darkness! Joe Flacco is not good and we deserve better. We want a QB who our biggest rival fears, not one that they revere not only for his inability to win big games, but for his ability to LOSE games for us.

He'll be average to bad again, we'll make the playoffs and probably win the Superbowl because everyone else is awesome except him.

If we don't, we'll fire Cam, and find out next season that Flacco sucks. By then, Ray Lewis will by 49 and Ed Reed's neck will be completely gone.

bionic77

This is what I don't understand about my fellow Ravens fans. When you have a Steelers fan saying these things, do you not see what the perception is by everyone except the Ravens fans who have yet to see the light? Flacco is not a good quarterback, he is holding us back. The problem is, we have been grown accustomed to beyond awful quarterback play, so when we see just plain bad quarterback play, we think it's good enough. Time to open our eyes and remove the shroud of darkness! Joe Flacco is not good and we deserve better. We want a QB who our biggest rival fears, not one that they revere not only for his inability to win big games, but for his ability to LOSE games for us.

He'll be average to bad again, we'll make the playoffs and probably win the Superbowl because everyone else is awesome except him.

If we don't, we'll fire Cam, and find out next season that Flacco sucks. By then, Ray Lewis will by 49 and Ed Reed's neck will be completely gone.

No one listen to this man. This is the insane ramblings of a poop posting nutjob!

Blaming being "banged up" kinda is.
Blaming divine intervention for a loss to a FB at QB is.
Blaming some form of cheating for almost everything else is.

More of a general trend for you ;-)
Injuries and Tebow's divinity are facts not excuses. When Ben broke his ankle that sort of stuff is corroborated by diagnostic studies. Same with Woodely's hamstring, etc.
The Pats were caught cheating and were given a hilariously small penalty for it. Again a fact.

bionic77

Ravens will make the AFC championship and lose to the Steelers. Steelers 56- Ravens 14
That sounds totally unrealistic.

More like 63-56 Steelers. Even BLarry thought Flacco could hold onto that 56 point halftime lead, but that is Flacco being Flacco.

That sounds totally unrealistic.

More like 63-56 Steelers. Even BLarry thought Flacco could hold onto that 56 point halftime lead, but that is Flacco being Flacco.

I see it more of a 21-20 Steelers win. Not surprisingly, Baltimore was cruising, with a 20 point lead in the last 6 minutes, only to watch Joe Flacco throw three pick sixes. Why were they passing? Because Cam Cameron thought it might take them by surprise. At the end, Ray Rice breaks a 70 yard run, gets stopped at the 2. We miss the field goal when Joe Flacco, subbing for our regular holder out due to injury, mishandles the hold due to eyebrow sweat accumulation.

bionic77

I see it more of a 21-20 Steelers win. Not surprisingly, Baltimore was cruising, with a 20 point lead in the last 6 minutes, only to watch Joe Flacco throw three pick sixes. Why were they passing? Because Cam Cameron thought it might take them by surprise. At the end, Ray Rice breaks a 70 yard run, gets stopped at the 2. We miss the field goal when Joe Flacco, subbing for our regular holder out due to injury, mishandles the hold due to eyebrow sweat accumulation.
That also sounds plausible.

squicken

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
MJD & Blackmon holding out. Laurent Robinson struggling. Gabbert still stinks. Marcedes out of shape. Worst-case start to #Jaguars camp.

@vitostellino Gabbert now 1 complete in 12 snaps. 4 inc. Seven scrambles.

Oh Blaine Gabbert, no matter how you fade away I'll never forget how bright you shined. We'll always have the lulz

Milchjon

I thought Gabbert was pretty likable from that rookie mini web series last year. Shame he's a trembling sack of shit on the field.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sounds like Gordans been pretty impressive and is quite the big guy, Greg Little working in the slot also. I expect Gordon to start sooner rather than later

Tebow what a hunk of Qb at 261 lbs

As of now I am a bit more excited for Benjamin only because a lot of people were saying they don't expect him to do much of anything this year. Hopefully this is a sign he may be able to help out our terrible wide receivers.

I read about that earlier this morning. Weeden was basically seeing what he could get away with and challenging his receivers to see what they could be capable of doing.

eznark

Banned
Guess who has been dominating early in camp?

graham-harrell.jpg

We were too banged up to win anything at the end of last year, especially on defense. This was the same defense that Tebow bent over and filled with his Holy Spirit for 61 minutes of football.

Speaking of Flacco though, I can never stop loving the guy that helped us win the AFC Championships in 2008 and 2010. I mean especially in the divisional game in 2010. Most qb's are dicks and would take a multiple TD lead and bury you. But no, not Flacco. That is a man with honor. His turnovers and "fair play" were instrumental in letting us come back as quickly as possible in the 2nd half so it could be more of a fair match. That Erron Rodgers guy can learn something about sportsmanship from Flacco!

I wonder if Tom says that about Ben's rookie year? "Thanks fatty. Thanks for being so out of shape and gassed by the AFC championship game you neatly handed a joke like me a free ride to the Superbowl and my official 'dynasty'. I'm going to be in the Hall of Fame one day and it's all thanks to Ben Roethlesburger and the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Milchjon

I wonder if Tom says that about Ben's rookie year? "Thanks fatty. Thanks for being so out of shape and gassed by the AFC championship game you neatly handed a joke like me a free ride to the Superbowl and my official 'dynasty'. I'm going to be in the Hall of Fame one day and it's all thanks to Ben Roethlesburger and the Pittsburgh Steelers."

I appreciate the overall sentiment of this post, but this is going too far.

But then again, what would a Ravens fan know about QB play. When was the last time you had a good one?

I appreciate the overall sentiment of this post, but this is going too far.

But then again, what would a Ravens fan know about QB play. When was the last time you had a good one?

wHk7a.jpg

Also, Trent Dilfer has more legit rings than Brady. That's the fucking Richard Pryor of football jokes right there.

Too much football.

Why the hell is the Hobbit getting stretched into a trilogy?

It really isnt. He wants to do a 3rd movie, and it will have The Hobbit in its title, but it will be a movie to bridge the Hobbit movies to the LotR movies. None of the content in the 3rd movie will come for the Hobbit book.

?

He is writing his own content? That seems...dangerous

He is already writing his own stuff for the 2nd Hobbit movie. P:lus the FotR talks about what Gandalf was doing before he comes to the shire, so they will just expand on that and add some stuff for Viggio and the rest of them.

yankeehater said:
It really isnt. He wants to do a 3rd movie, and it will have The Hobbit in its title, but it will be a movie to bridge the Hobbit movies to the LotR movies. None of the content in the 3rd movie will come for the Hobbit book.
That sounds even worse. I love the LOTR trilogy but PJ isn't isn't exactly unknown for giving into excess (see King Kong and The Lovely Bones). The Hobbit just doesn't have the material or density of the LOTR trilogy. Two films was stretching it too far, IMO. There's money to be made though and I'm Warner is just loving the thought of another film....

eznark

Banned
He is already writing his own stuff for the 2nd Hobbit movie. P:lus the FotR talks about what Gandalf was doing before he comes to the shire, so they will just expand on that and add some stuff for Viggio and the rest of them.

Hopefully it is more Frighteners awesome and less King Kong utter fucking horse shit.

Top Bottom