• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

cashman

Banned
OK fine NHLGAF I'll post this here too...

I've been slowly enjoying the NFL more and more last few years, to the point now where I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I still don't have a favourite team. Who should I root for? The closest teams are the Vikings (no) and Packers I guess (also no, they just irritate me somehow) so geography doesn't help. Maybe Chicago? I kind of like that the Bears have a unlikable asshole at QB, and they don't seem like a front-runner pick or anything. But I hate almost all cities that have NHL teams that are or have been relevant in the past 20 years so this is tough.

The only responses from NHLGAF were for the Browns, 49ers and Eagles. None of those jumped out at me.

How can you not root for this smile?

cowboy+1.jpg

LJ11

I have a friend there who owns a tiny ass condo about 100 yards from the beach. He spent like $300k and it's smaller than any apartment I've ever lived in and it's the best home purchase anyone I know has ever made. Just an awesome place

Not really sure what the violence in Mexico is like these days, but the first time I was there we drove from SD to Cabo and that was pretty fantastic too

Sounds dope, always wanted to live near the beach. Retirement if I'm lucky!

cashman

Banned
I have a friend there who owns a tiny ass condo about 100 yards from the beach. He spent like $300k and it's smaller than any apartment I've ever lived in and it's the best home purchase anyone I know has ever made. Just an awesome place

Not really sure what the violence in Mexico is like these days, but the first time I was there we drove from SD to Cabo and that was pretty fantastic too

When did you make that drive?

bluemax

Banned
TO and Braylon Edwards contract details came out.

TO: 1 year $925k with a $65k bonus if he makes the final roster. Cap hit is $540k.

Edwards 1 year $825k with a $65k bonus and $270k guaranteed. Cap hit is $540k.

calder

where are you from?

Winnipeg. So right in the middle of the continent... major lack of NFL teams in the center of NA. How many rounds of expansion until Fargo gets lucky? 36?

Don't become a Bears fan, it can't end well.

Yeah I'm getting that vibe. I don't wanna sign up for some hopeless cause that'll haunt me for decades. Like everyone enjoys the heartwarming pluck of your average Cubs fan but clearly no one wants to actually be one.

edit: NHL guy. San Diego. If I was Canadian the place I would dream of living in would be there. Root for the Chargers

San Diego seems like a great city alright. The Chargers make the short list.

How about the Falcons since our city provided you with your NHL team. :jnc

Yeah that's rough. Never like to see a team move in any sport. But the Falcons.. that'd be kinda awkward.

Hockey = Canada.
Canada = Toronto
Toronto = Bills.

Logically, the Buffalo Bills. And nobody would ever accuse you of just jumping on a frontrunner. Ever.

Also, Canada -> Bills.

Uhm, interesting and not without a certain logic, but aren't the Bills like, basically operating under some sort of fucking gypsy super-curse or something? I just can't remember seeing many "bitter/jaded fan bases" articles or lists online the past decade without seeing "and #1 obviously is a tie between Buffalo and Cleveland amirite". And sure if TO had a (real) team I might root for them perhaps if I could choke down the bile every time I thought of the Leafs but I'd never want to be in the awkward position of hoping they move from Buffalo.

TO and Braylon Edwards contract details came out.

TO: 1 year $925k with a $65k bonus if he makes the final roster. Cap hit is $540k.

Edwards 1 year $825k with a $65k bonus and $270k guaranteed. Cap hit is $540k.

TO is going to be a big signing. A 40 in the 4.4's proves he still got it, now all he needs is playing time. By the end of the season, hell by the middle of the season, he'll be their #1 WR.

Ceebs

How about the Falcons since our city provided you with your NHL team. :jnc

I would not advise anyone to adopt the Falcons until we get rid of our pajama looking home uniforms. They are absolutely terrible. They make those blue top Braves uniforms not look so bad in comparison.

kingslunk

I've been slowly enjoying the NFL more and more last few years, to the point now where I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I still don't have a favourite team. Who should I root for? The closest teams are the Vikings (no) and Packers I guess (also no, they just irritate me somehow) so geography doesn't help. Maybe Chicago? I kind of like that the Bears have a unlikable asshole at QB, and they don't seem like a front-runner pick or anything. But I hate almost all cities that have NHL teams that are or have been relevant in the past 20 years so this is tough.

The only responses from NHLGAF were for the Browns, 49ers and Eagles. None of those jumped out at me.

The Denver Broncos

Talon

I would not advise anyone to adopt the Falcons until we get rid of our pajama looking home uniforms. They are absolutely terrible. They make those blue top Braves uniforms not look so bad in comparison.
The blue tops Braves unis are classy. The reds, on the other hand, are terrible.

And, yes, I hate the Falcons unis.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Uhm, interesting and not without a certain logic, but aren't the Bills like, basically operating under some sort of fucking gypsy super-curse or something? I just can't remember seeing many "bitter/jaded fan bases" articles or lists online the past decade without seeing "and #1 obviously is a tie between Buffalo and Cleveland amirite". And sure if TO had a (real) team I might root for them perhaps if I could choke down the bile every time I thought of the Leafs but I'd never want to be in the awkward position of hoping they move from Buffalo.

Well, just wait and see who wins the Super Bowl this year and root for them!

Whoa.

kingslunk

Hmm. On the plus side, they got rid of Tebow which would be mandatory for me to cheer for a team. On the negative side, and this is a big negative, I loathe the Avs and as a result cheer against any Denver team instinctively. Sorry.

See what you did, I had to google this damn Forsberg clip. Hope you're happy Denver.

Haha, you can't hate all of the avalanche. Patrick Roy is one of the best goalies of all time.

also a plus is Denver is the only team to beat Green Bay in the Superbowl.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Honestly, it'd be best to watch some football before picking a team. Decide if you like a certain player or play style or management etc., then pick. Sure, it's fun to talk shit, but it's best to have a reason to root for a team. Most of us are born into a team and don't have a lot of choice. But, if I had to do it again, I'd pick the Steelers again. SHOUT OUT TO BETHEL PARK!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Honestly, it'd be best to watch some football before picking a team. Decide if you like a certain player or play style or management etc., then pick. Sure, it's fun to talk shit, but it's best to have a reason to root for a team. Most of us are born into a team and don't have a lot of choice. But, if I had to do it again, I'd pick the Steelers again. SHOUT OUT TO BETHEL PARK!

Yeah you don't want to accidentally pick a team you'll end up regretting...

Sad.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You go to hell sir.

I wouldn't wish the Bills on anyone.

You're a Cleveland Browns fan. Anything you have to say, not just about football, but life in general, is null and void based on that fact.

Especially since you're from Toronto. Traitor.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You're a Cleveland Browns fan. Anything you have to say, not just about football, but life in general, is null and void based on that fact.

Especially since you're from Toronto. Traitor.

I'm so glad our teams play each other this year. There will be tears.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yes. From anyone watching who is subjected to this travesty.

Bills/Browns games are always a fucking disaster. So yes.

You're both crazy, look at how thrilling the end of this game was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDjJ8agxff8&feature=related

I will always love this game because my buddy went to it and was talking so much shit to me. He has guaranteed me he will never go to a worse game then that one. :jnc

He refused to take my calls for a few days after that.

Then there is the Carolina specific Huddle House. AKA the place to go when you're not dressed up nice enough to eat at the Waffle House.
He speaks the truth.
But the Patriots have won* more AFC Championships
fixed
Probably all those weird filters and VPN's you have set up to allow you to visit those other sites.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
I think its hilarious how nobody claims every 2D fighter is a ripoff of Street Fighter, every FPS is a ripoff of some other FPS, every sports game is a ripoff of every other sports game in the same genre etc.

I don't really care for SSB at all and thus don't have much interest in PSABR but it's hilarious seeing people flip the fuck out at the mere existence of another mascot fighter, one that looks like it'll have decent netcode and one that supports fightsticks, so it's already got several legs up on SSB.
It's an attempt to copy Smash Bros., no fan boy shit here.
It's just the truth.
That will never get old.
Fuck.

GAF you bastards you went too far. You pushed Freeman to bulimia.
Don't believe the hype, that picture is shop'd.
Yeah you don't want to accidentally pick a team you'll end up regretting...
image.php

I thought we reached our Canadian limit?
We can just sacrifice a few gators to make room.

Top Bottom