• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

So the Rams have pretty much had every practice open to the public. Fisher is big about community involvement and getting fans back engaged with team. So anyway there's this group of fans that go to every practice and tweet their observations. They go on and on about how awesome Chris Long and Robert Quinn look. "beast" "can't be stopped one vs one"

It's like they don't understand that not every team has shitty ass tackles like the Rams. In fact, no team has worse players on the OL. I'm not even sure what benefit is gained for the defensive players going against the Rams offense. "omg Janoris Jenkins is just shutting people down out there" Well duh. Every CB in the NFL shut down the Rams WRs last year.

Really interested in seeing Luck. Cam proved QBs can hit the ground running. Luck has been playing year round football since he was 15 and was an architecture major at Stanford. Hope he plays a lot Sunday

Pimpwerx

Just turned on Hard Knocks. WTF did we pass on Braylon Edwards? Hartline's my man 100 grand, but he's a slot guy, not a 1 or 2. Our receiving core sucks enough we could have used Edwards. Fucking fail. PEACE.

TheFatOne

Bad news? Patriot fans
Greg Bedard said:
The Patriots had it taken to them by the Saints in 11-on-11 situations, and it started up front. The Patriots’ offensive line was one big sieve against the Saints’ active front and it threw off the entire offense, including QB Tom Brady, who only completed 7 of 16 passes (43.8 percent) and threw an interception. And because of injuries, the Saints were down to their 4-6 CBs for much of team drills. Conversely, the Saints’ terrific offensive line easily handled the Patriots up front as Drew Brees hit on 18 of his 26 passes (69.2 percent) with an interception.
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ractice_rundow_10.html?camp=misc:on:twit:pats

Now I expect Mankins to come back, but I don't know about Waters or Vollmer. The oline has looked like ass all of training camp so far. That is the only thing I worry about the offense.Also Brady has been off the last few practices which doesn't help things.It seems like in this practice the Saints came out strong on offense which is not a surprise. Pats defense is still a work in progress, but there was at least some good news defensively.

Greg Bedard said:
S Patrick Chung was by far the Patriots’ best defender on the field against the Saints. He was terrific in coverage (even against TE Jimmy Graham), provided strong run support and looked sure in his assignments. Chung has had a terrific camp to this point. The hope now is that he stays healthy and delivers during a contract year.

Hopefully Chung could step his game up this season because I don't like whoever they will pair him up with. Although Tavon Wilson has been having a nice camp from what I have been reading.

Packers Wallpapers (iPhone Version) by Buckethead

Other resolutions coming soon-ish.

Excellent work, brother!

bionic77

Ugh at our defense. Chuck did a great job summarizing where we are. I was really hoping for the offense to explode so that out defense just had to play well in spots but that fantasy may be one year premature (assuming we keep Wallace and how long it might take to develop line).

Pimpwerx

I hate the idea of giving Garrard the provisional start. Dude's been a career bum. Matt Moore was MVP of the team last season and gets demoted? That's fucking shameful. I just hope Tannehill can win the starting job soon. If not Moore starting, I'd rather have the rookie go at it. WTF do I want a failed castoff leading this team for? PEACE.

EDIT: Oops, thought I had it on Showtime just now. It's on HBO.

eznark

Banned
I never tried it, but don't they usually advertise the episodes as going up on HBO Go after it airs? I have it recording right now, but I'm pretty sure it's still on for another 3 minutes.

Some shows go up the morning of air time. However, not even old episodes of Hard Knocks are on HBO Go.

filler

Banned
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur
From Raiders: Goodson’s CT scan & magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test were negative. He has returned to team’s training-camp headquarters

eznark

Banned
I can't wait til the gymnastics is over so these fucking internet pedophiles will crawl back to their holes and stroke it in private to ponies.

squicken

Chad Johnson is such an idiot. Hot wife. Not surprised he met her through Twitter. Both she and the HS TE's wife were way better looking than Tannehill's wife. Great first ep. Philbin seems cool

edit: Pimp that first depth chart they released had Vontae as second string CB. Clearly in the doghouse b/c of that little gut he brought to camp

Chad Johnson is such an idiot. Hot wife. Not surprised he met her through Twitter. Both she and the HS TE's wife were way better looking than Tannehill's wife. Great first ep. Philbin seems cool

edit: Pimp that first depth chart they released had Vontae as second string CB. Clearly in the doghouse b/c of that little gut he brought to camp

phillbin seemed very meek when talking to chad.

"uh you know uh.... i have to... be able to go to you if something is wrong.... AND AND AND you can of course come to me! of course! bu bu but... you know thats uh... just how.... it's going to have to be... you see..."

squicken

phillbin seemed very meek when talking to chad.

"uh you know uh.... i have to... be able to go to you if something is wrong.... AND AND AND you can of course come to me! of course! bu bu but... you know thats uh... just how.... it's going to have to be... you see..."

Yeah that was a bit of a low light for him, but he did sort of lay it down right at the end of their talk. I'm curious on how he conducts practice with two sides going at once. Seems like a good idea at first, but it seems to limit the ability to change personnel to see how guys work together.

squicken

Barnwell had this today on the Dolphins being a better team this year

That's even clearer. Miami's pass defense morphed from grotesque to gorgeous across the season's halves. This could have happened by random chance, but there's a very telling coincidence that I think might have had something to do with it. Cornerback Vontae Davis isn't on Darrelle Revis's level, and he can lack for consistency, but he has borderline Pro Bowl talent. And during that first nine-week stretch, Davis missed four games entirely while being forced out of two other games with injuries.6 Davis made it back for Week 10 and didn't miss a single game the rest of the way. The dramatic difference in DVOA obviously overstates Davis's impact, but he's an enormously valuable player to the Dolphins who makes them significantly better when he's healthy and in the lineup.

Moore isn't going to be a star quarterback, but he's been a league-average starter in 2009 and 2011. If the Dolphins cut him and go with Garrard or Tannehill, they're probably going to be a six-win team. If they stick with Moore and he gets 14 starts, I think that the Dolphins have a very good shot of making the playoffs. It's really that big of a difference between Moore and the others.

That's a big if, of course, since the Dolphins seem committed to organizational ineptitude. Even if Moore wins the job in camp, the team will probably bench him for Tannehill after a bad quarter or two. Remember all those nice things I said about Vontae Davis? He's running with the second team in camp

And this is why analytics are not as useful in football as baseball. Anyone who watched tonight knows exactly why Davis is 2nd string. To stat guys, who go off transaction wires and charting services, it's a dumb move.

Same thing with Moore, who they are shopping around. What's the point of playing him this year? Goal #1 for that team is to develop Tannehill. Moore takes them nowhere. Tannehill probably won't either, but he might. If the vets wants Moore to be the guy, then he has to go. Let Garrard play until Tannehill is ready. What they don't need is a young-ish and somewhat decent Moore in the way of Tannehill and splitting the locker room.

edit: For Packer fans. Mike Silver with long piece on your team

-Matthews: "NYG didn't beat us. We beat ourselves"
-Rodgers has new TD dance
-Edgier camp

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--p...QDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

so let me get this straight barnwell YOU FAT FUCKING BITCH:

the 49ers are going to be a 9 win team at best because alex smith is god awful.

the dolphins will probably make the playoffs as long as they start matt moore.

this guy is a fucking joke

Top Bottom