• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

I disagree. Kids a rookie with no weapons other than Reggie. And we had no run game tonight. Can't expect much.

His accuracy with throwing the ball just isn't good. His receivers can't separate but he misses on quite throws he shouldn't, and this is damn hard to get better at.

I need to see 2-3 years of not sucking before I'm anything but skeptical.

The Honeymoon with Tannehill is over. We have a QB problem as always.
Haha let's not go crazy here. I think he'll be good for you guys.........I mean I'm a Browns fan I know a thing or two about Qb problems.
To this day I still wake up with tears in my eyes because of RG3, have you ever seen a grown man cry?

Trey

Titans too, they should have won that game.

Not a good team, but there's a lot of bad teams.

Edit: It's really on the D, they don't stunt, everyone has to win up front, no blitzing. Back 7 has two good players, need LBs and corners.

Good post. It's far too easy to play "woulda, coulda, shoulda" with this team.

To add to things, the offense has a shaky QB and only one actual target in the passing game.

aceface

Drunk Bills fans having a great time lol

Bars don't close in Buffalo until 4am, it will be a good night, wish I still lived there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hmm...

acyx79JP.jpg
acg2C2eW.jpg

abhWLxuT.jpg

His accuracy with throwing the ball just isn't good. His receivers can't separate but he misses on quite throws he shouldn't, and this is damn hard to get better at.

I need to see 2-3 years of not sucking before I'm anything but skeptical.

He hasn't been bad enough to where I want to draft another QB this offseason. So therefor, no QB controversy in Miami. The team is his for at least a couple years.

And just cause,
Most Penalty Yards by Player
Lewis, Keenan (Pit) - 138 yards
Taylor, Ike (Pit) - 107 yards
Shields, Sam (GB) - 103 yards
Skrine, Darryl (Cle) - 88 yards
Cromartie, Antonio (NYJ) - 86 yards
Carroll, Nolan (Mia) - 82 yards

Damn Pit!

Canuck76

Banned
Have you guys seen this smack talk Richard Sherman of the seahawks and tramon williams have been having over the "Optimus Prime" handle? Hilarious.

Sherman "Yeah, we were pushed around to the tune of 46 yards, I believe," (how many yards calvin johnson had) Sherman said. "Not too much pushing. I don't understand that shot, he took a shot at us. Last I checked, we've never given up 250 yards to anybody. We barely give that up in a game. To give that up to one player, I mean that was the last time they played him, (calvin johnson) I believe. I don't really know if he'd be the one [to] come talk to us about playing coverage."

He hasn't been bad enough to where I want to draft another QB this offseason. So therefor, no QB controversy in Miami. The team is his for at least a couple years.

And just cause,

Damn Pit!
Keenan Lewis got called on a bullshit PI in the Giants game to the tune of about 46 yards. Ike just had a bad start to the season.

Greg

And just cause,

Damn Pit!
I can't comment on anyone else, but Sam doesn't deserve that.

eznark

Banned
Have you guys seen this smack talk Richard Sherman of the seahawks and tramon williams have been having over the "Optimus Prime" handle? Hilarious.

Sherman "Yeah, we were pushed around to the tune of 46 yards, I believe," (how many yards calvin johnson had) Sherman said. "Not too much pushing. I don't understand that shot, he took a shot at us. Last I checked, we've never given up 250 yards to anybody. We barely give that up in a game. To give that up to one player, I mean that was the last time they played him, (calvin johnson) I believe. I don't really know if he'd be the one [to] come talk to us about playing coverage."

I don't see Tramon Williams mentioned anywhere.

I don't know about poorly but he's playing below his reputation.

I expect more out of a guy who's been there awhile. He's the vet in the secondary now that grandpa Woodson is gone.

eznark

Banned
I don't know about poorly but he's playing below his reputation.

I expect more out of a guy who's been there awhile. He's the vet in the secondary now that grandpa Woodson is gone.

Based on what? I actually just looked up the grades and PFF has Williams as playing very good in the Indy game. He has 11 "passes defended" which puts him on pace for his average of low 22's and with 43 tackles is way above his pace. It appears to me that he is almost never getting thrown at but I don't know where to get those stats, so he is shutting down an entire side of the field in coverage.

Guess I'm not sure what beef someone could have with him?

Talon

Hostess closing down operations? This may finally push the red states to secede. Fucking Obama.
Tastycakes will just buy that Twinkies brand and wind up selling them.

Tastycakes master race.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I had a Twinkie. Maybe...2004?

squicken

Agreed. Any stat that tries to boil down a QB's performance into one number is destined to fail. The game is just too complex for that.

Doesn't that mean you disagree? I'm saying I sort of like QBR, whereas a few weeks ago I was kind of trolling it. But I've read more about it and talked with a couple people about it and it's doing some good stuf. What always bothered me was the clutch component, but that's not exactly the big problem I thought it was

Doesn't that mean you disagree? I'm saying I sort of like QBR, whereas a few weeks ago I was kind of trolling it. But I've read more about it and talked with a couple people about it and it's doing some good stuf. What always bothered me was the clutch component, but that's not exactly the big problem I thought it was
I misread your original post. I disagree with you after all, haha.

eznark

Banned
Every week it changes, but right now my biggest gripe with QBR is the bizarre weight on taking a sack. For a stat that is supposed to isolate quarterback performance, it sure puts a huge emphasis on not getting sacked (I think we can all agree that it's not 100% up to the QB whether or not he gets sacked). It also seems to treat taking a sack almost as big as throwing a pick, which is bizarre.

There is also a huge premium on running plays, which is retarded.

I think I've come to the conclusion that isolation metrics simply aren't applicable to a sport where cause and effect are so intertwined with each subsequent play. Unlike baseball where each new pitch (for the most part) essentially resets the gameboard, no such thing happens in football.

Personally, I think the most useful stat tracking being done is that Billick big play stat that I can never remember the dumb name for.

Top Bottom