• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

His offense isn't based on gimmicks, at its core it's a run heavy scheme. They run all the traditional runs, along with options. They run power sweeps out of the gun, I wouldn't call that a gimmick.

Only concern would be the smaller hashes, and Kelly finding an athletic center so he doesn't have to limit his run options.

Well the Eagles have the athletic center for sure, if Kelce heals. Oregon just seems to be so much quicker then their opponents. Gimmick isnt the right word but in the pros his team isnt going to have that huge speed advantage.

jbug617

Banned
So there has been a lot of talk the last day or so in Philly about Lurie supposedly wanting to hire Chip Kelley, and I am curious if any college coaches that coached a gimmick offense have been successful in the pros? I guess you could say Barry Switzer, but he was only successful with Jimmies players.

New England's offense in the no huddle has used Oregon's scheme. Here is the article talking about Chip Kelly talking with the Pats.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...s-power-one/nHTapuVnBOwfFlffwTrN6J/story.html

cdyhybrid

Defense sucks

If the Jags ever put it together on D you'll be changing your tune.

That article is fucking stupid.

His offense isn't based on gimmicks, at its core it's a run heavy scheme. They run all the traditional runs, along with options. They run power sweeps out of the gun, I wouldn't call that a gimmick.

Only concern would be the smaller hashes, and Kelly finding an athletic center so he doesn't have to limit his run options.

Pretty much this. He'd HAVE to find the right players, but it could work.

eznark

Banned
Whenever I become mod,whoever called me a Jags fan will be banned than executed.

0go02o.jpg

squicken

So there has been a lot of talk the last day or so in Philly about Lurie supposedly wanting to hire Chip Kelley, and I am curious if any college coaches that coached a gimmick offense have been successful in the pros? I guess you could say Barry Switzer, but he was only successful with Jimmies players.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...elly-oregon-ducks-offense-more-familiar-seems

Chris Brown did a Grantland piece on Kelly's offense and some ways it can translate. The thing I'm a little dubious on is, and I know he offered a defense of it, is the

"Kelly explained that he merely needs a quarterback who, if the defense "forces" him to run, "can do it effectively."

I think defense would gladly force the QB to run if they get to hit him like a RB

squicken

Why? Game is literally meaningless. I'd like to see the Badgers not start any starters.

it is meaningless so it's the same reason i root against lane kiffin and penn state and pete carrrol and urban meyer and notre dame

as long as my team doesn't need them to win, i want them to lose

eznark

Banned
it is meaningless so it's the same reason i root against lane kiffin and penn state and pete carrrol and urban meyer and notre dame

as long as my team doesn't need them to win, i want them to lose

After the Purdue screw job, I'm convinced the NCAA won't let them lose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I want this guy to die gruesomely and for it to be caught on video and widely disseminated for all to enjoy.

And thanks, Kave!

Fucktard McAwfulwriter even quotes his own fucking tweets. Jesus. Goat pen mauling would be too good a death.

I'm out, fuck you Kave for making me read this.

:jnc

Glad I could help. :D

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So if the Bears beat the Niners, can we stop ball washing Jay Cutler and realize that's he's not even as good as Jim McMahon?

JABEE

Whenever I become mod,whoever called me a Jags fan will be banned than executed.

Don't turn your back on the hometown team. It will all be sweeter when the Jaguars finally win it all. It will all be worth the wait. You have to rep Blaine Gabbert. He needs your support right now.

Come on, you're going to seriously make me remember another Bears QB besides Rex Grossman?

Okay how about this, the Bears would be just as good with Kyle Orton.

I actually wouldnt be surprised if they were better with Orton this year. Cutler looked really bad this year from what I saw of him.

Top Bottom