• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

LevelNth

Banned
Oh of course it's an SC sprain, quite possibly the most convenient injury for Ben to sustain (notoriously difficult to determine severity, thus perfectly ambiguous). $100 he returns sooner than they lead on to be expected (possibly this week), then proceeds to use the injury as an excuse for his sub-par play.

Every goddamn year.

From what I understand his contract is actually really easy to drop completely.

The Eagles can cut him this offseason before the roster bonus kicks in and none of the remaining money is guaranteed. If a team trades for him they would have to pay the roster bonus and I believe I heard the cap hit would be big for them. Eagles will 100% cut him before the bonus date, no reason to trade for him.

Oh of course it's an SC sprain, quite possibly the most convenient injury for Ben to sustain (notoriously difficult to determine severity, thus perfectly ambiguous). $100 he returns sooner than they lead on to be expected (possibly this week), then proceeds to use the injury as an excuse for his sub-par play.

Every goddamn year.

He cheat on you or something?

MIA @ BUF-No one circles the wagons like the Ryan Tannehill Pony Express

GB @ DET-Best Damn Show on Turf or something
ARI @ ATL-FtF, but they're better than the Cardinals
TB @ CAR-Demote the Panthers to the ACC so they can actually win a game again.
CLE @ DAL-Cowboys season to be turned around! Two easy wins in a row.
PHI @ WAS-Bob Griff>Nick Foles
NYJ @ STL-Jets season is in a nosedive
CIN @ KC-Fans blackout Arrowhead while Bengals blankout the Chiefs.
JAC @ HOU-Texans Cycle doesn't exist...
NO @ OAK-Aints make the first trip back to the Bay since Alex Smith curb stomped them. Luckily, Carson Palmer couldn't outrun a doorknob.
SD @ DEN-Peyton=GOAT,Rivers=goat
IND @ NE-Gentlemen hold on to your hats. We're entering the Andrew Luck Era.
BAL @ PIT-Pittsburgh fell off faster than a fat woman's top while she's in a stall with Big Ben.

CHI @ SF-KAP KAP KAP

squicken

I was looking at the schedule and the niners are in trouble! We have a few tough games left (bears, pats, saints) and the Seahawks have maybe 1 tough game left (bears). Looks like the H is O

Thank the Texans for giving you that Bears game. Such a shit storm this week over consussions that there's no way they'll let any of these guys play this week, and Kap playing fuck ball is better than JCamp trying to slang

yankeehater said:
I get what you are saying but they are going to have a lot of needs this draft. I think OL is going to be a bit father down then some of the others. They really need a big time LB that can rush the QB but those dont come along very often. I think safety will be their number 1 priority but I have no idea if their is a top of the draft safety this year. They need a big outside WR, and then they could move Maclin into the slot and make Avant the 4th WR.
It comes down to draft philosophy at the end of the day. If I were playing armchair GM, I would look at your roster and say the Eagles are stocked nicely at the skill positions right now and would look to supplement that later in the draft. Jackson just got paid, Maclin and Avant are both in good positions and you've got younger guys like Riley Cooper coming along. You have one of the best backs in the game with McCoy and he has depth behind him with young players like Bryce Brown.

You have a stocked defensive line that is under performing at the moment but you have to look at it objectively and think the issue is more with the scheme than the players and that scheme will likely change when a new coaching staff is brought in.

To me, you win football games in the trenches and you're next greatest need is the offensive line (tackle in particular cause you have zero depth). A quality tackle would be at the top of my draft board. I know you'll be getting players back but again you can't assume that Jason Peters will be his dominate self and as noted, your depth sucks.

QB is your greatest need though. Vick won't be there next season and Foles is a wildcard. I don't think you have a QB savior this draft (squicken already mentioned this) so if you're grabbing someone and Andy is indeed gone you're going to have to hope that whatever coaching staff is brought in can develop QB's at the same level that Andy does.

Thank the Texans for giving you that Bears game. Such a shit storm this week over consussions that there's no way they'll let any of these guys play this week, and Kap playing fuck ball is better than JCamp trying to slang

Kap going deep is better then small hands playing it super safe any day. This is a huge boost for the 9ers.

MechDX

Whoodyy whooooooo

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Wonder if this guy knows he is an internet meme now.

LiveWire

My usual pet peeve in full effect from the same idiot who's said similar in the past:

Such generosity. Here's an idea - don't give them points? No Antrel, they took those 21 points and stomped a defense that didn't look like it had any interest in being on the field.

Fewell confirmed yesterday that the opening TD to AJ Green was on Stevie Brown blowing the coverage. Webster let him go thinking he had over the top help and Brown wasn't there. He also said that he would have hoped that Corey, being a veteran would have realized he didn't have the help and stuck with him but it didn't happen.

Hmm I thought only DeAngelo Hall was an idiot...

squicken

So Amendola and Crabtree were both together at Texas Tech. Crabtree was definitely the man there even though Amendola had very good seasons. Amendola is 27, Crabtree is 25. Contracts aside, who would you rather have?

harSon

Banned
MIA @ BUF

GB @ DET - Upset special. Suh is going to discount double check Rogers upside the chin, taking him out for the game. Cancer patients everywhere will erupt into applause as he struggles to gain composure, and walks to the wrong sideline.

ARI @ ATL
TB @ CAR

CLE @ DAL - Upset Special # 2 - All of the pundits are jumping back onto the Cowboys bandwagon in prototypical fashion. Apparently it only takes one win to erase an entire seasons worth of fuckups for these analysts. Not only do the Browns play teams tough, but as we all know, once the Cowboys have the analysts on their side, they self destruct in spectacular fashion. I expect no less this weekend.

PHI @ WAS - Foles is trash. I expect Eagles fans everywhere to slit their wrists in a nation wide suicide attempt as they come to the conclusion that with a ridiculous Vick contract, Foles as a backup and no QBs worth a shit in the upcoming draft, that they are effectively fucked for years to come.

NYJ @ STL - I'm reluctant to pick the Rams since they struggled to beat a team as godawful as the 49ers (To be fair, they beat them twice, but the refs wouldn't accept anything less than 3 times on Sunday), but as bad as Bipolarbaugh and his midget handed QB are, the incredible shrinking man and his QB, shit and holy shit, edge them out.

CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN

IND @ NE - The only thing I hate more than the Patriots and Ravens is the media overrating of a QB. Luck is shit, and will always be shit. I mean, he'll probably look like Dan Marino considering he's playing the Pats defense, which is about as intimidating as Tom Brady cussing someone out. (And speaking of Tom Brady, I fear for his kid's upbringing. A father needs to be able to put the fear of God into their child from time to time, and no self respecting child is going to be intimidated by Tom Brady, The Man with the Golden Ugg Boots. Drug addict, man whore, Jets QB? These are all likely outcomes for his son Benjamin, and it's sad to think about) But to get back onto topic, Luck will suck one too many times for the Colts to come out with the victory.

BAL @ PIT - Upset Special # 3 - The Steelers are going to systematically destroy the Ravens. We're going to run all over them, and in between meal breaks, Sandwhich is going to make the Jaguars envious one horrible looking throwing motion at a time. I know our defense made Cassel look like a legitimate Pop Warner QB in the final minute of regulation yesterday, but not even our defense is shitty enough to make Bert look like anything but the antithesis of elite. And besides, with the recent revelations on Sesame street, his mind is surely occupied by the fact that his life is about to go down in flames with the rest of the pedophile ring. Elmo was just the beginning.

CHI @ SF - Even if Cutler doesn't play the Bears are going to win. The 49ers will try and take the game out of Infant Hands' microscopic hands as much as they can, bringing game management to a new level with his total of 5 pass attempts, but the Bears aren't going to have it. The only downside of this game will be the beating that Harbaugh puts on his wife, kids and dog after losing the game that night.

squicken said:
So Amendola and Crabtree were both together at Texas Tech. Crabtree was definitely the man there even though Amendola had very good seasons. Amendola is 27, Crabtree is 25. Contracts aside, who would you rather have?
Atrapitis.gif

No matter how you choose, "racist" will be the inevitable response!!

It comes down to draft philosophy at the end of the day. If it were playing armchair GM, I would look at your roster and say the Eagles are stocked nicely at the skill positions right now and would look to supplement that later in the draft. Jackson just got paid, Maclin and Avant are both in good positions and you've got younger guys like Riley Cooper coming along. You have one of the best backs in the game with McCoy and he has depth behind hime young players like Bryce Brown.

You have a stocked defensive line that is under performing at the moment but you have to look at it objectively and think the issue is more with the scheme than the players and that scheme will likely change when a new coaching staff is brought in.

To me, you win football games in the trenches and you're next greatest need is the offensive line (tackle in particular cause you have zero depth). A quality tackle would be at the top of my draft board. I know you'll be getting players back but again you can't assume that Jason Peters will be his dominate self and as noted, your depth sucks.

QB is your greatest need though. Vick won't be there next season and Foles is a wildcard. I don't think you have a QB savior this draft (squicken already mentioned this) so if you're grabbing someone and Andy is indeed gone you're going to have to hope that whatever coaching staff is brought in can develop QB's at the same level that Andy does.
I think they have to address the redzone problems, even last year when everyone was healthy it was a problem. Got to get a big target for down there. You are right that there is no way to know if Peters will come back or not but it would suck to use a high pick on a LT and have him be okay, of course it would also suck to not address it at all and have him not be able to play. I hope they replace all the OL depth this offseason. They also need a new OL coach, Mudd should have been fired in the offseason when he didnt show up at any of the early practices.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/13/offensive-line-rankings-week-10-update/

PFF ranks the offensive line. I've kind of grown a little weary of the grades recently. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith got two sacks with Justin doing the very clear hold on the guard. The guard shouldn't get dinged for that, but by their grading system he does

Lol at the Eagles still being so high. They gave up 7 sacks to a terrible Saints team. At this point it is clear there is nothing they can do to move down.

LevelNth

Banned
Lol at the Eagles still being so high. They gave up 7 sacks to a terrible Saints team. At this point it is clear there is nothing they can do to move down.
What exactly was a line of 5 supposed to do with 6 rushing and Vick not changing the play/protection?

Not saying your OL doesn't suck, it does, but it's still not as bad as others, and the Saints game is a horrible example to use to try and prove they are.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's a huge mistake for the Eagles to fire Reid. If you look at his overall career at the Eagles, he's been a great coach for them.

It's also been proven that he makes QBs far better than they are.

Talon

Jason La Canfora from CBS said:
"Jon is itching to get back in to coaching. His last payment from Tampa Bay comes this season. I know for a fact he has started putting together a possible staff for next season. I know there have been reports that he is thinking about Philadelphia and some other places, but Jon is interested in the University of Tennessee more than any NFL job. That's something to watch closely in the next few weeks."
LMAO. The Glazers are still paying Gruden 3 years out.

bluemax

Banned
There's no way Vick is trade-able with that contract right? I'm thinking about this offseason.

:jnc@ iggles needing a WR more than they need OL.

I wish I had book marked all the posts after I said his contract extension was terrible where people told me I was wrong.

Now comes the shitty part of the Bucs schedule. I fully expect us to go 2-5 throughout the rest of the year. Which is fine with me cause we weren't going to do shit in the playoffs this year anyway and we need a good draft pick for a corner. But 1 more win couldnt hurt that much, and it would be pretty sweet to sweep the Panthers.

bionic77

Every goddamn year.
:lol

Holy shit. So you think Ben pulled a Cutler and left a game he was most likely going to win going away because he wanted the attention? Then for more attention he made the doctors take several MRI studies of his shoulder? And what sub par play? Ben has been awesome this year. He is running Haley's dink and dunk offense to perfection, and did it most of the season without a running game.

You are fucking crazy.

Are there any normal Niner fans out there? I know you are a little down because Bill Barnwell, a fat disgusting slob from Grantland, was right about your team being a complete fraud, but this is going a little too far.

Bowser

MIA @ BUF

GB @ DET
ARI @ ATL
TB @ CAR - I refuse to believe we get swept by that fat fuck Freeman
CLE @ DAL
PHI @ WAS
NYJ @ STL
CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE
BAL @ PIT

CHI @ SF

Don't know if anyone noticed yesterday, but the Panthers fired their special teams coach (should have been done after last season, he was abysmal). Seems like we're going on a Survivor Style firing spree with each loss remaining. I predict Chud is the next to go if he doesn't get his head out of his ass and start running some pro sets with Cam under center. A few stats from the first half of the game on Sunday (credit to Carolina Huddle for ginning up these stats):

Ratio of under center to shotgun plays: 33% vs 67%
Ratio of run plays to pass plays: 29% vs 71%

Under center run average yards per play: 4.2
Shotgun run average yards per play: 2.0

Under center pass average yards per play: 11.5
Shotgun pass average per play: 4.4

TD drive: 6 plays - 5 under center/1 shotgun
6 other first half possessions - 4 total plays under center

Simplify the offense Chud you dumb fuck. Stop trying to make Cam run a college run offense mixed with a shotgun oriented pass offense. It makes no sense, especially with the horrendous state our offensive line is in.

squicken

Simplify the offense Chud you dumb fuck. Stop trying to make Cam run a college run offense mixed with a shotgun oriented pass offense. It makes no sense, especially with the horrendous state our offensive line is in.

I think your offensive line would look a lot better if the just lined up in a pro set and ran downhill instead of the read option. I know there are injuries but it's not like in Philly or AZ

Think I saw something where your DC sort of said "it's not the defense's fault"

Top Bottom