• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well my next 2 weeks will be busy =D

FLZj4l.jpg

squicken

I usually dread watching the Bills in prime time, even though it rarely happens these days, but I'm pretty excited to watch the Thursday night game. Hope CJ goes off, please don't get injured.

Coaches hate these Thursday games, NFL needs to come up with a solution because I like the idea of watching a game on Thursday, also like that I get to watch every team at least once

This. Even with RZC it's just impossible to actually see what's really going on. I just hope they start playing these things after byes

Man I am so jealous. I cant wait to get Most Wanted. I would have already but I was in a really bad car accident last week and my car was totaled. Hopefully insurance hooks me up and I can find a new car cheap.
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out with the car situation. No injuries, at least?

LJ11

They are catching the Dolphins at a good time, they seem to be on the brink of imploding. I think the Bills will win by at least 10.

I don't know about that, we'll see. Hope for an injury free tight game, best we can do.

This. Even with RZC it's just impossible to actually see what's really going on. I just hope they start playing these things after byes

What about making Thursday the last game of the week. Sounds silly but it may be the best solution, haven't really thought about it too much though, maybe someone has a better idea.

Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out with the car situation. No injuries, at least?

Nothing bad. My back was a bit sore but that was it. I got super lucky the whole side of my car is smashed in. The frame is super bent, everyone that has seen it is amazed I walked away okay.

bionic77

No one guessed, but what sexual act was up for grabs in that bet FMT had with his friend?

This sounds like a fake bet for an excuse to have sex with someone.

Lets not go into the sexual orientation of FMT or his friend if anyone wants to debate this. What happens on FMTs parents' futon in the privacy of their basement is none of our business!

Nothing bad. My back was a bit sore but that was it. I got super lucky the whole side of my car is smashed in. The frame is super bent, everyone that has seen it is amazed I walked away okay.
That doesn't sound fun. I was in a similar accident once as a passenger in the back of a Civic, driving through downtown Charleston, SC. All of the stop-lights are on the side of the road instead of above so they're easy to miss and some guy in a minivan came barreling through a red-light and nailed us on my side at about 30 mph. It was kind of surreal because I could see it coming but there was no time to do anything but slightly brace for impact. It lifted the car up on two wheels and messed up the driver's side really badly but luckily no one was hurt.

Glad you're alright!

I don't know about that, we'll see. Hope for an injury free tight game, best we can do.
As long as the Bills don't turn the ball over a bunch I don't think they'll have any problems putting up big numbers against the Dolphins D. The run D has been suspect lately after starting strong and the secondary might as well just stay on the sideline with how they've been performing. Their offense isn't doing much better, Tannehill just had his worst game of the year by far and the running game has been average at best lately.

Chances are it will be an ugly game regardless of who wins, though.

Greg

No one guessed, but what sexual act was up for grabs in that bet FMT had with his friend?

Lets not go into the sexual orientation of FMT or his friend if anyone wants to debate this. What happens on FMTs parents' futon in the privacy of their basement is none of our business!
helmet to helmet

Milchjon

Who gives a shit

is the name of the sex act

squicken

What about making Thursday the last game of the week. Sounds silly but it may be the best solution, haven't really thought about it too much though, maybe someone has a better idea.

That's kind of interesting. Like Week 4 it's the first game of that week, then the next thurs it's the last game of week 4, then the next week it's the first game of week 6, then the next thurs it's the last game of week 6?

cajunator

Banned
Bears and Packers suck!
I want a Wii U for Christmas

I finally got a bit of time to try out the WiiU at Gamestop this morning. the controller feels very comfortable and ergonomic and it has a very shallow learning curve. Extremely easy to understand how to use it in games. Nintendo did a very good job here.
The game I played was Rayman Legends.
Very optimistic about this system.

eznark

Banned
That's kind of interesting. Like Week 4 it's the first game of that week, then the next thurs it's the last game of week 4, then the next week it's the first game of week 6, then the next thurs it's the last game of week 6?

Wouldn't that make teams play Thursday and Sunday?

Narag

Judicious use of teams coming off their bye and having a team that played on Thursday being given a reprieve until MNF the following week might help too. Wouldbt solve the dilemma early or later on though.

The problem with making the Thursday game end the week is the last week of the season. You could have a team play Thursday, make the playoffs, and have to play on Sunday that week.

jbug617

Banned
I finally got a bit of time to try out the WiiU at Gamestop this morning. the controller feels very comfortable and ergonomic and it has a very shallow learning curve. Extremely easy to understand how to use it in games. Nintendo did a very good job here.
The game I played was Rayman Legends.
Very optimistic about this system.

All I want is Best Buy not screwing me over on my Wii-U order. I decided to have them ship it me (free 2-3 day shipping and I have Halo 4 and AC3 to finish) instead of in-store pick up

Narag

The problem with making the Thursday game end the week is the last week of the season. You could have a team play Thursday, make the playoffs, and have to play on Sunday that week.

Bump ithe last game up to Saturday and call It a day. Speaking of which are there still going to be Saturday games or did Thursday night football supplant it?

ari

Banned
josh mccown officially signed. Rumors from 670 the score are that Cutler is out for the rest of the season. 6-7 weeks.

lawd have mercy. :(

ari

Banned
For a concussion what?

Neurologist from Naparville had an interview saying that it could be bleeding among the cranium. He is not the consultant whats so ever but rumors from the locker room is just that.

670 the score is very accurate with rumors. They were the first to break the josh mccown pick up like yesterday's morning and his thumb breaking last year directly after the chargers game. :(

squicken

Neurologist from Naparville had an interview saying that it could be bleeding among the cranium. He is not the consultant whats so ever but rumors from the locker room is just that.

670 the score is very accurate with rumors. They were the first to break the josh mccown pick up like yesterday's morning and his thumb breaking last year directly after the chargers game. :(

That's nuts if true. Supposedly he has had 6 in his career, but I'm not seeing this rumor anywhere else, not saying I doubt you, just that it's nowhere else

ari

Banned
That's nuts if true. Supposedly he has had 6 in his career, but I'm not seeing this rumor anywhere else, not saying I doubt you, just that it's nowhere else

670 the score is a chicago radio station. You can download it or listen to it on the cbs radio app.

Its a rumor none the less. But like i said, 670 the score is very accurate.

cajunator

Banned
Only 5 more days until Sunday and some Wii U play time. ZombiU or Mario? Hmmmm

Im not a survival horror fan but zombiU looks really interesting. From the videos I watched, those guys seemed to be pretty immersed in the game and said they actually felt nervous/intimidated by the atmosphere and limited ammo/quick deaths. Looksl ike they got the game right.
Personally Im getting Mario because I feed off the joy of platforming games like an aphid on a milkweed.

squicken

Concussion will just become a bigger and bigger nightmare for the NFL. Guys will hide them b/c they know they will be worthless as FAs if they have a concussion history, and disgruntled players can say they are still experiencing lingering symptoms and there's nothing a team can do about it

cajunator

Banned
Concussion will just become a bigger and bigger nightmare for the NFL. Guys will hide them b/c they know they will be worthless as FAs if they have a concussion history, and disgruntled players can say they are still experiencing lingering symptoms and there's nothing a team can do about it

Maybe a significant helmet redesign is in order.

Talon

Maybe a significant helmet redesign is in order.
See, this is a critical misunderstanding of the concussion problem. It's not the helmets - it's the nature of the sport.

These newer helmets that ARod, Eli and Matt have been wearing are different in that they're actually less "soft," so they hold on more tightly. But largely these guys have just been more intelligent and frankly lucky.

The guys that have had the longest lingering effects have been offensive and defensive linemen. They're not the victims of large collisions. It's the fact that they're ramming into 250-300 lb. men at full speed 50-80 times/game...for 16 games a season. There's no such thing as "minor" brain trauma when it happens constantly.

Top Bottom