• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

squicken

iAYIDo59GlLTh.jpg

ij5KsT4Uvrmpc.jpg

ibmPIy91zyoYol.jpg

itGqzKmarhDWw.jpg

I'm in the process of moving so I couldn't watch the game last night but it was crazy enough just looking at the score on my phone. I didn't see that coming, I must admit.

HOU @ DET This one might be close, but the Texans will pull it out.
WAS @ DAL As bad as the Redskins defense is, I think RGII wills his team to victory this week under the Jerry laden Thanksgiving spotlight.
NE @ NYJ Brady's going to stuff this turkey.

TEN @ JAC I think Jacksonville has a chance with Henne starting now.
BUF @ IND Still trust Luck more than I do Fitzpatrick.
PIT @ CLE If Cleveland's offens was competent I'd probably go with them.
OAK @ CIN lol Raiders.
DEN @ KC lol Kansas City.
SEA @ MIA Trust Seattle more than Miami.
ATL @ TB TB is playing offense to where they can legitimately challenge ATL.
MIN @ CHI Depends if Cutler returns.
BAL @ SD Baltimore has been playing like crap on offense, but San Diego is a mess.
STL @ ARI Both teams are horrid on offense, but at least St. Louis has a QB.
SF @ NO Right now I'm going with Kap'n Kernel and the Niners.
GB @ NYG Rodgers will be getting payback for last years playoff game.

CAR @ PHI Even Carolina should have no problem beating a demoralized and depleted Eagles team.

cajunator

Banned
HOU @ DET - The alliance comes to a bloody end.
WAS @ DAL - yep.
NE @ NYJ - yep.

TEN @ JAC - meh.
BUF @ IND - Luck will exploit that defense.
PIT @ CLE - Batch? Browns win.
OAK @ CIN - good lord Oakland is terrible.
DEN @ KC - Wont get fooled again.
SEA @ MIA - Seahawks are away.
ATL @ TB - Tampa actually could win this one. I think Atlanta has enough discipline not to lose.
MIN @ CHI - Lol Jason Campbell.
BAL @ SD - Fire Norv.
STL @ ARI - NFC West is such a weird division this year.
SF @ NO - At home, healthy, team clicking finally. I give us a good shot to win.
GB @ NYG - into the teeth of a pissed off team.

CAR @ PHI - Philly has some talent in there somewhere.

All these people picking Tampa over Atlanta this week. Are Roddy White, Jones, Ganzalez, and Ryan out this week or something?

Bowser

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

All these people picking Tampa over Atlanta this week. Are Roddy White, Jones, Ganzalez, and Ryan out this week or something?

No, but I have never believed Atlanta is playing at the level others have made them out to be. Tampa Bay is playing hot, which is weird, but they are. At Tampa Bay, I think the Bucs are going to try really hard to make themselves known as a playoff contender.

No, but I have never believed Atlanta is playing at the level others have made them out to be. Tampa Bay is playing hot, which is weird, but they are. At Tampa Bay, I think the Bucs are going to try really hard to make themselves known as a playoff contender.

Tampa has the worst pass D in the NFL.

squicken

In 2005 Eli completed 53% of his passes and the Giants went 11-5. Eli didn't have a passer rating over 90 until 2009, the year they finally drafted Nicks and Smith went nuts in the slot.

How do we know Alex isn't Eli? You laugh but that's playoffs results oriented. Eli w/o that defense is what?

I'm thankful for the Vikings not being complete garbage.

I'm thankful for taco bell jokes.

I'm thankful for the free food I will get to bring home and live off of for the next two weeks.

Tampa has the worst pass D in the NFL.

Atlanta has gone up a lot of terrible defenses, yet have come close to losing games, or in the case of New Orleans, did lose. I think Tampa Bay has hit a groove right now, and I think this matchup is very much a trap game for Atlanta. Heck, the only reason they did not lose Sunday to Arizona is because Arizona's offense is worse than some college teams, so I'm not exactly sold on Atlanta.

In 2005 Eli completed 53% of his passes and the Giants went 11-5. Eli didn't have a passer rating over 90 until 2009, the year they finally drafted Nicks and Smith went nuts in the slot.

How do we know Alex isn't Eli? You laugh but that's playoffs results oriented. Eli w/o that defense is what?

Even though eli doesnt consistently play well he is still a great QB because he has come up with big performances on the biggest stage. If the 9ers made a SB run and small hands had a game winning drive at the end he would get looked at a lot more favorably.

squicken

Even though eli doesnt consistently play well he is still a great QB because he has come up with big performances on the biggest stage. If the 9ers made a SB run and small hands had a game winning drive at the end he would get looked at a lot more favorably.

Alex has one+ year with a competent coaching staff, and even under Singletary was trending upwards as the talent improved. Eli has never won a playoff game where the other team has scored more than 22 points. His "big performances on the biggest stage" are mostly being the guy taking snaps at QB while a dominant defensive line drank some Gatorade.

Except for last year, when he truly was great, he's always had the good Eli/bad Eli performances. Alex's first year with a decent team and he shoots it out with Brees and wins, then losses a game vs a great Giants defense b/c Kyle Williams fumbled.

harSon

Banned
Was Ben not playing during the steelers other losses this season or something?

He played in every one of them, but our offensive line (well they sucked last week) and defense has picked up considerably in the last 5 or so games. We're a much better team as a whole, now, than we were in the first half of the season.

We couldn't block for shit back then, we couldn't run for shit back then, we were still picking up on a new offensive coordinator's schemes, we were injured beyond belief and our defense looked like an injured/old mess who couldn't stop a nose bleed.

That's not really the case anymore. If Ben can come back into the fold in a few weeks, and the rest of our team continues to play at the level they're currently playing at, then we're going to be in good shape heading into the Post Season (as a Wild Card unfortunately).

Alex has one+ year with a competent coaching staff, and even under Singletary was trending upwards as the talent improved. Eli has never won a playoff game where the other team has scored more than 22 points. His "big performances on the biggest stage" are mostly being the guy taking snaps at QB while a dominant defensive line drank some Gatorade.

Except for last year, when he truly was great, he's always had the good Eli/bad Eli performances. Alex's first year with a decent team and he shoots it out with Brees and wins, then losses a game vs a great Giants defense b/c Kyle Williams fumbled.

Man I was with you until you said the 9ers lost due to the fumbles. Wasnt small hands 0/13 on 3rd down in that game, and he only had 1 completion to a WR? His coach, who is very highly regarded, has been trying his best to dump him ever since that playoff game. That must tell you something about what he sees.

squicken

Man I was with you until you said the 9ers lost due to the fumbles. Wasnt small hands 0/13 on 3rd down in that game, and he only had 1 completion to a WR? His coach, who i very highly regarded, has been trying his best to dump him ever since that playoff game. That must tell you something about what he sees.

Yeah but Eli didn't really win that game. Doesn't your stat speak pretty highly of the Giants D? Just like they shut down a historically great Pats offense in 2007? eli's great playoff perfromances are almost all great defensive games that he game managed to victory.

Eli is obviously better than Alex, but Eli is not the top tier guy people think he is. There's no "good Brees/bad Brees". Alex is putting up fantastic numbers this year in any metric you want to look at. You can win with him and a great defense, just like the Giants have with Eli

MechDX

Just measured my turkeys in the fryer pot and I need 4 gallons of oil. Thank Tebow for Sams club! 4 gallons cost me $24!

Top Bottom