• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

jay-cutler-dominates2.jpg

I wonder if Cutler will be cleared for Sunday. Any word coming out of Chicago yet?

Regardless, after the Bears OLine performance last night, Jared Allen, Robison, Griffen, and KWill are probably drooling over the possibilities.

...game still makes me nervous.
Vikebike could get a pissed off Bears team in Chicago and Ponder could be picked off 7 times.
Which team will be "who we thought they were"? Fun times. I'm sure Packers-GAF will be watching with great amusement. :p

I actually know next to nothing about the site or how it came about. I did see the uproar over the ad-article but that seemed like a mountain being made out of a molehill.

They made a documentary about themselves about how their site is amazing and how its gonna revolutionalize games journalism before the site even launched.

Yeah but Eli didn't really win that game. Doesn't your stat speak pretty highly of the Giants D? Just like they shut down a historically great Pats offense in 2007? eli's great playoff perfromances are almost all great defensive games that he game managed to victory.

Eli is obviously better than Alex, but Eli is not the top tier guy people think he is. There's no "good Brees/bad Brees". Alex is putting up fantastic numbers this year in any metric you want to look at. You can win with him and a great defense, just like the Giants have with Eli

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

jbug617

Banned
Hoyer signed a 1yr deal with the Steelers.

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Detroit may be bad but y'all underestimating the toll of the last two weeks on dem texans

Yea wtf are people picking the Texans to win this smh isn't gonna happen.

I guess I should apologize and eat crow right now. I really thought the Texans were gonna regress this season and lose the division. But I was totally wrong. That team is really good and fun to watch. JJ Watt is a man and Kareem Jackson is utter garbage like he used to be. Gonna be a tough draw for anyone in the playoffs.

That being said, I have a few things to say ahead of game time: Fuck you Mech, Fuck you Matrix, fuck you Bob, fuck you Miguel, fuck you Squicken, fuck you Smokey, and fuck the two other members of Texans-age I can't remember right now.

Another Thanksgiving soured by a team far superior than Detroit is coming. You would think I would be used to it at this point, but something about Thanksgiving gives me hope. False hope, but hope none the less

I guess I should apologize and eat crow right now. I really thought the Texans were gonna regress this season and lose the division. But I was totally wrong. That team is really good and fun to watch. JJ Watt is a man and Kareem Jackson is utter garbage like he used to be. Gonna be a tough draw for anyone in the playoffs.

That being said, I have a few things to say ahead of game time: Fuck you Mech, Fuck you Matrix, fuck you Bob, fuck you Miguel, fuck you Squicken, fuck you Smokey, and fuck the two other members of Texans-age I can't remember right now.

Another Thanksgiving soured by a team far superior than Detroit is coming. You would think I would be used to it at this point, but something about Thanksgiving gives me hope. False hope, but hope none the less

You dont have to rock that avatar anymore.

Your teams punishment has been fully administered.

LevelNth

Banned
This thread is going to be crazy hilarious when the Lions go airshow on the Texans garbage pass D this weekend. Meltdowns everywhere!

WedgeX

Banned
Headed to the Lions-former alliance member Thanksgiving day game again this year. I have little hope. But I've more hope now that Titus Young Jr. has been banned from the practice facility. Apparently he is either the most selfish player on the Lions, or is a psychopath.

Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press said:
He was suspended for most of his sophomore season after a fight with a teammate, and was widely considered a character risk when the Lions took him in the second round of the 2011 draft.

Last year, Schwartz benched Young for most of the second-half of a December loss to the Saints after Young was penalized for shoving a defender near the goal line.

In May, he was sent home from the Lions’ practice facility after he sucker-punched teammate Louis Delmas, one of the Lions’ most respected veterans, and he’s repeatedly drawn the ire of coaches and teammates this year for running lazy routes and sulking when plays don’t go his way.

For all his behavior problems, Young has contributed little on the field. He had 48 catches for 607 yards as a rookie, and has 33 catches for 383 yards through 10 games this year despite an increased role the last four weeks since Nate Burleson was lost for the season to a broken leg.

Young’s normally dour mood changed dramatically after Burleson’s injury – he rarely speaks to the media, but grew light-hearted and even playfully bear-hugged one reporter in the days after Burleson went down
– and he had his first career 100-yard game the next week in a win over the Seahawks.

But Young has just seven catches in the three games since, and has rarely appeared on the same page with Stafford.

MechDX

Texans GAF something just hit me:

Detroit is Barwins home town. He is in a contract year and has been getting heat for his lack of pass rush. Seems to be setting for him to have a big game.

Worse than ours? I dont know man.
Then again a lot of our yards given up are simply because our defensive players seem not to have arms.

Bucs are last in pass D, Saints are second to last. However Bucs are best in rush D and Saints are dead last in rush D. The Bucs #1 ranking against the rush is legit too. It's really tough to even get past the line of scrimmage against us. nfl.com doesnt have the rankings, but I would be very surprised if the Bucs arent ranked #1 in tackles for loss.

what did snes get banned for, anyway?

For being a Nintendo fan. Good enough reason in my book.

LevelNth

Banned
Where are the Texans fans not expecting this?
So Texan fans are resigned to one and done in playoffs then? Well, that's good to know.

Unless of course you're just trying to feign this faulty underdog persona despite this being the exact type of game you must win convincingly.

squicken

So Texan fans are resigned to one and done in playoffs then? Well, that's good to know.

Unless of course you're just trying to feign this faulty underdog persona despite this being the exact type of game you must win convincingly.

it's a non-conference road game on a thursday day game after an overtime game. only a moron coach would risk anything for that game when he has a cushion on home field advantage

jmdajr

Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today.

NawidA

Banned
Yeah but Eli didn't really win that game. Doesn't your stat speak pretty highly of the Giants D? Just like they shut down a historically great Pats offense in 2007? eli's great playoff perfromances are almost all great defensive games that he game managed to victory.

Eli is obviously better than Alex, but Eli is not the top tier guy people think he is. There's no "good Brees/bad Brees". Alex is putting up fantastic numbers this year in any metric you want to look at. You can win with him and a great defense, just like the Giants have with Eli
Eli has a couple of crap weeks and he isn't elite anymore. Ha ha. I think Peyton is better but if it's the 4th quarter and my team is down, I would pick him for the job every time.

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN lol Raiders
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB Fuck the fucking Falcons, fuck Cowardly, fuck 'em all!
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

squicken

What is there to risk?

J Joseph, Shaun Cody, Ben Tate, Tim Dobbins & DeVier Posey are all likely game-time decisions

I'd add that there's no reason to stress Andre Johnson or Arian Foster. Heck if Megatron's knee is really a problem DET needs to manage him pretty well too

This isn't a Thursday night game. It's a day game. If's a half day less than the normal awful performances we get on Thursday night games b/c guys are tired. Games that overwhelmingly go the home teams' way

MechDX

IMO....they put TJ out there with all our rookie WR's and let Forsett and Grimes get all the carries. Dare the Lions to beat them.

Games upcoming against the Colts (x2), Titans and Pats are far more important. Win those and you finish 13-3. Beat the Vikings at home you are 14-2.

Top Bottom