• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

tmdorsey

Squicken to the Falcons.
Thanks.
Fans of every other team.

Luckily squicken seems to hate the Falcons so I think we are safe.

And damn all you with WiiUs. Still can't find one. Came close but some damn lady beat me to the last one at this one Walmart.

Oh and DM, this weekend Freeman gets put back in his place!

I was at Gamestop and a worker was on the phone with someone who must have been on the waiting list.I guess they had extra ones but the person didnt wanted a black one I guess.

cajunator

Banned

And damn all you with WiiUs. Still can't find one. Came close but some damn lady beat me to the last one at this one Walmart.

Oh and DM, this weekend Freeman gets put back in his place!

They should be pretty easy to find.
Hype was almost nonexistent for it.

Vesmir

Banned
HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC i think the titans have found their stride.
BUF @ IND luck will suck but not as much as the bills
PIT @ CLE pittsburgh is missing their rapist
OAK @ CIN shit game
DEN @ KC but it would be very amusing to see KC win
SEA @ MIA Ok. This will be a true testament to whether we are only a home team or if our away losses, ESPECIALLY our division games, were just flukes for the most part. If we lose this, I can see us going one and done in the playoffs AT BEST. I am still not sold on Wilson.
ATL @ TB sorry snes
MIN @ CHI bears are mad
BAL @ SD 2 years ago this would have been an upset special
STL @ ARI cards are showing their true colors
SF @ NO upset special
GB @ NYG erron will show some vulnerability but eli will go elite and get picked off more

CAR @ PHI wow what a shitty game, can't be said enough

squicken

!

Not at all. I just sort of think you guys have a lot to prove in the playoffs. It's a great regular season roster that works great in a dome. I'm not sure why but your stadium never seems like it is loud enough to bug offenses like in NO or SEA. Your fans really remind me of HOU fans. They wait for the team to do something to make them cheer, instead of cheering no matter what

Godslay

Banned
They should be pretty easy to find.
Hype was almost nonexistent for it.

That's interesting. From what I can tell in my area, they are pretty much all sold out. I don't live in a large city either so I was surprised by it. I'm pretty sure come post Black Friday, you won't be able to find one.

Visa is going to have to change their commercial with Alex. Although I'm not sure Kap is as camera friendly as Smith.

http://www.pasadenasun.com/the626now/pasadenasu-20121120,0,1610674.story
Rose Bowl would be nice for a couple years until the stadium is built. I don't care who comes to LA as long as it gives me a closer venue to watch the Broncos at.

Doorman

Yawn.

I'm thankful that I'll probably be on the road while most of the Lions game is going on. At least that way I won't have to watch it.

TheFatOne

Looks like Aaron Hernandez is going to play on Thurday. Has anyone seen an update on Chandler Jones? I still haven't read/seen anything and it's starting to worry me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A lot of Walmarts have plenty....not sure what the big deal is!

I nearly bought one tonight but then realized that it didn't really have that "killer game" for me yet. Let me know when we get another Metroid Prime or Zelda and I'll buy a gold Wii U with gaudy triforces on it or something.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not at all. I just sort of think you guys have a lot to prove in the playoffs. It's a great regular season roster that works great in a dome. I'm not sure why but your stadium never seems like it is loud enough to bug offenses like in NO or SEA. Your fans really remind me of HOU fans. They wait for the team to do something to make them cheer, instead of cheering no matter what

That's Houston fans in general for every Houston sports team. That's not just a Texans thing.

We have a strange fanbase.

A lot of Walmarts have plenty....not sure what the big deal is!

I nearly bought one tonight but then realized that it didn't really have that "killer game" for me yet. Let me know when we get another Metroid Prime or Zelda and I'll buy a gold Wii U with gaudy triforces on it or something.

People buy Nintendo consoles for 3D Mario & Zelda games. There are none on the wiiU currently.

squicken

Isn't Houston an A&M town before anything else?

Or is it still loaded with UT fans?

Not in my experience. LSU, UT, and A&M are the big 3. It's more like A&M grads are more likely to end up in HOU than any other city, but they don't hold any sort of dominance in numbers in the city

Also, there are lots of UT fans who didn't go to that college. So you'll have crazy Longhorns fans on the radio who never went to college at all, let alone UT. Most Aggie fans went to the school

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Not in my experience. LSU, UT, and A&M are the big 3. It's more like A&M grads are more likely to end up in HOU than any other city, but they don't hold any sort of dominance in numbers in the city

Also, there are lots of UT fans who didn't go to that college. So you'll have crazy Longhorns fans on the radio who never went to college at all, let alone UT. Most Aggie fans went to the school

Okay so UT fans are like Arkansas fans.

My overall impression of Dallas and Texas in general is that it's still a lot like other southern states where the college game is king.

squicken

Okay so UT fans are like Arkansas fans.

My overall impression of Dallas and Texas in general is that it's still a lot like other southern states where the college game is king.

oh for sure. those aggies that sit on their hands at texans games, go nuts at A&M games. A&M gets a lot of shit, rightfully often, but the games there are really a cool collegiate experience. i've been to UT, OSU, and OU home games and they are nothing like what goes on at A&M

Godslay

Banned
Call me crazy, but I'm kind of excited to see Knowshon get some playing time this Sunday. I hope that he puts the love/hate relationship that I have with him to rest at some point. High bust draft picks are the worst, I hope that he can redeem himself somewhat.

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of excited to see Knowshon get some playing time this Sunday. I hope that he puts the love/hate relationship that I have with him to rest at some point. High bust draft picks are the worst, I hope that he can redeem himself somewhat.

that seems like a tough draft for the broncos. they had a couple first rounders that they used on moreno and ayers, then in the 2nd alfonso smith.... not sure if mcdaniels had ANY great picks in his time with the broncos. there had to be some though! i guess demaryus thomas was a good pick.... once peypey arrived!

Godslay

Banned
that seems like a tough draft for the broncos. they had a couple first rounders that they used on moreno and ayers, then in the 2nd alfonso smith.... not sure if mcdaniels had ANY great picks in his time with the broncos. there had to be some though! i guess demaryus thomas was a good pick.... once peypey arrived!

2009 was rough, I think Knowshon and Ayers are the only guys left from that draft on the Broncos. Knowshon still has talent, but he was drafted way too high. Ayers has been good in spots, but has been more of a depth guy lately. He did play well when Dumervil went out.

2010 was a little better. DT, Beadles, Walton (out with injury), and Decker are all starters. You know Perrish Cox, starter quality on most teams. Tebow although I love the guy still, was a bad pick at 25. The draft that year was largely judged on the Tebow pick.

Hmm, I'm starting to think the Packers can win this game.

Walden's gotta pick it up, the O has to be sharper, and they gotta slow down the front four.

Also put House on Cruz for the love of Godgers.

Drakeon

HOU @ DET - Don't see how Detoit wins this game against Foster, Watt and AJ.
WAS @ DAL - I could see this going either way, I'm just relying on dallas to lose another close game, because they seem really good at it (admittedly, last week the browns proved they were better).
NE @ NYJ - Is Sanchez starting? Well ok then.

TEN @ JAC - This game should be pretty close assuming Henne is playing. Could easily see the Jags winning it.
BUF @ IND - Luck > Fitzmagic
PIT @ CLE - Batch has to be like 40 by now right?
OAK @ CIN - Carson Palmer pick 6 special coming right up.
DEN @ KC - lol.
SEA @ MIA - Seattle on the road, lol
ATL @ TB - I expect this to be pretty close, but Atlanta's got the better defense.
MIN @ CHI - Changing this pick if Cutler isn't starting.
BAL @ SD - Ravens without Reed means SD could pick up a win here, but I just don't trust them to do anything with the opportunity.
STL @ ARI - Even Bradford is leagues ahead of Skelton or whatever the third stringers name was.
SF @ NO - Saints still don't have a defense worth a damn. Hoping our defense continues to play more like the Bears game and less like the Rams game.
GB @ NYG - I could see this going either way, but until I see the Giants turn it around, I'll go with the (slightly) safer pick.

CAR @ PHI - What a shitty MNF. I'm sure it looked great in like March though.

firen

SF @ NO - Saints still don't have a defense worth a damn. Hoping our defense continues to play more like the Bears game and less like the Rams game.

If you noticed Niners have a pattern 2 Wins (GB,DET), 1 Loss, 2 Wins(BUF,NYJ), 1 Loss, 2 Wins(SEA,ARI), 1 Tie, 2 Wins(CHI,NO?)...so tie Rams again!

Ranvier

If you noticed Niners have a pattern 2 Wins (GB,DET), 1 Loss, 2 Wins(BUF,NYJ), 1 Loss, 2 Wins(SEA,ARI), 1 Tie, 2 Wins(CHI,NO?)...so tie Rams again!

Which means we beat NE and lose in the NFC championship again. We use up all our rage in two games. Then we need to lose one to too fill the rage meter up again.

I really wonder how the relationship between kaep and smith is. Are they friends? Do they even talk right now, is it super awkward? I remember smith and Carr were like best friends, think Alex was best man at his wedding.

Drakeon

Which means we beat NE and lose in the NFC championship again. We use up all our rage in two games. Then we need to lose one to too fill the rage meter up again.

I really wonder how the relationship between kaep and smith is. Are they friends? Do they even talk right now, is it super awkward? I remember smith and Carr were like best friends, think Alex was best man at his wedding.

Musta been awkward when fans were calling for Carr (god, why would you ever do that?). Although I'm sure they got to bond over both getting benched for Troy Smith.

I had no idea that Carr and Alex were best buddies though. Wonder if he's chummy with Eli.

It's not conveniently forgotten. Rodgers sucked for a portion of the year. Eli has sucked all year. As I said, all he has to do is suck less.

If Eli sucks, for the love of God beat him and keep him out if the play offs.

Eli has the fucking annoying ability to heat up come playoff time, and as long as nobody in his division steps up he will make it into the playoffs every single time, no matter how shitty his regular season is.

Ranvier

Musta been awkward when fans were calling for Carr (god, why would you ever do that?). Although I'm sure they got to bond over both getting benched for Troy Smith.

I had no idea that Carr and Alex were best buddies though. Wonder if he's chummy with Eli.

Sorry not Carr, Shaun hill and smith are good buddies.

By the by does anyone watch "the joe show?" it's a stupid interview show where joe staley goes around the locker room interviewing teammates. Last one had Vernon Davis singing "call me maybe" which was pretty damn funny.

While I agree Houston might not be as good as their record suggests, I think they are the only team that could beat NE in the playoffs. We saw what happened with Denver and Baltimore will most likely choke as they do every year. And I feel niners have a better shot at beating Houston than we do Brady if we make it to the SB.

Top Bottom