• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

methodman

Banned
added everyone on last page to my wii u. i wonder if we'd be able to make an NFL Gaf community on miiverse in the future so we can all play together whenever even if we didn't have one of us as friends, would be pretty sick

Mrbob

Add me to Wii Uzzzz. I already have one dirty niners fan on my friends list, I guess I can accept another.

I forget my user name though.

It's either:

MrBob

or

MrBobz

It's one of the two!

methodman

Banned
i like how i can read your guys posts on different games, this is the first time ive been looking into miiverse and it's actually better then i thought

Well considering Miller missed a game and played ~5 with only one hand, he still won DROY. He likely would have lead in sacks had he been 100% healthy.

There is no argument that Miller is an all around better player than Smith. This year, as well as last year, and likely into the future barring injury. You would be hard pressed to find someone who would rank Smith over Miller in terms of being a better LB.

Not to take away from Smith's accomplishments, as he is a better pure pass rusher, but Miller is the better player while being an elite pass rusher. That's the reason why he won DROY, as well as being in a two man race with JJ for DPOY.

It wasn't meant as an insult, but it is his best quality.

vonmiller_superman_original.gif

I can't even hate on Miller for this. He's a bad dude.

Godslay

Banned
http://localtvkdvr.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/vonmiller_superman_original.gif?w=660

I can't even hate on Miller for this. He's a bad dude.

A couple other guys did the Superman after sacking Cam as well. They were fired up from Cam talking shit about the Broncos awhile back though.

RBH

After more than five hours of debate, Pasadena officials early Tuesday morning cleared the way to begin negotiations with the NFL that could bring professional football to the Rose Bowl for as long as five years.

Roughly 120 people packed the meeting at Pasadena City Hall, many of them residents of wealthy neighborhoods surrounding the iconic 90-year-old stadium. They complained that traffic jams, trash and rowdy fan behavior would disrupt enjoyment of the Arroyo Seco by homeowners and recreational users alike.

More than 25,000 vehicles would hit the area on game days, according to a city study, shutting down the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, Kidspace Museum and Brookside Golf Course.

But allowing a football team to use the Rose Bowl up to 13 Sundays a year while a new NFL stadium is built in Los Angeles could also be a financial boon for the city-owned stadium.

The price tag for ongoing renovations to the Rose Bowl, once budgeted at $152 million, have grown to nearly $195 million.

Barrett Sports Group, a Manhattan Beach consulting firm hired by the city, projects an NFL lease could raise from $5 million to as much as $10 million for the venue each year.

Pasadena City Council members voted 7-1 to increase the number of events allowed at the Rose Bowl from the current 12 a year to 25 if a deal is struck with an NFL team.

“We have a fiduciary responsibility to the whole city to take the next step,” said Councilwoman Margaret McAustin. "I’m not excited about the NFL, and clearly [the Rose Bowl’s neighbors] are not excited, but it’s the responsible thing to do."

“We can’t in good conscience close the door on this,” said Councilman Steve Madison, who represents neighborhoods south of the Rose Bowl that would be impacted by game day traffic congestion.

Madison cast the swing vote against a 2006 plan to bring professional football to the Rose Bowl on a permanent basis, “but this is different,” he said. “This is a temporary matter when we have dire financial needs.”

Councilman Terry Tornek was the lone vote against the increase. He said he is not convinced the city should burden neighborhoods near the stadium with shoring up finances for the renovation.

“I think this city has a moral contract with the residents of these neighborhoods,” Tornek said. “Just the prospect of having protections lifted [for an NFL team] will have a permanent effect of reducing property values.”

Leaders of neighborhood groups opposed to professional football at the Rose Bowl threatened to take legal action to reverse the council’s decision.

Others said they supported the move as a way to boost the local economy as well as city coffers.

“You’re just trying to shove this down people’s throats,” Paula Shatsky, a resident of the nearby Linda Vista neighborhood, told the council. “This is the dark underbelly of the Rose Parade and all the worldwide press [it gets]."

Another Linda Vista resident, Anita Fromholz, broke from her neighbors' views. “The Rose Bowl is part of Pasadena’s heritage. Keeping the NFL option open until we know what comes up is one way to preserve it,” said Fromholz. “Until we know how negotiations play out, we should not close any doors.”

Monday’s discussion might also prompt changes in city policy regarding tailgating at the Rose Bowl during college football games, said Mayor Bill Bogaard. The Rose Bowl is home to UCLA football as well as the annual Rose Bowl game.

Members of Day One, a Pasadena nonprofit that aims to prevent youth alcohol and drug abuse, complained that Pasadena police and stadium security officers are not enforcing restrictions on drinking outside the stadium after kickoff that were enacted after a 2010 stabbing in a Rose Bowl parking lot.

“If we can’t manage to monitor a college game, how can we monitor an NFL game? This is revenue building at all costs,” said Day One Executive Director Christy Zamani.

Bogaard said city officials would review enforcement of tailgating policies and step up efforts to clean up trash left behind by stadium visitors.

“The impact of Rose Bowl activities is a burden on the neighborhood. Our maintenance and cleanup has simply not been adequate,” said Bogaard.

The proposal to host an NFL team at the Rose Bowl is speculative. No team has committed to Southern California, and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is another possible venue for any team awaiting a new NFL stadium to be built in the area.

Brian McCarthy, the NFL’s vice president of corporate communications, said in an interview that the league will "monitor all developments in the Los Angeles area" but “has not had any recent conversations with Pasadena or L.A. Coliseum officials."

Dean Baim, a Pepperdine University economics professor who specializes in arena financing, said in an interview that the Rose Bowl has a competitive advantage over the Coliseum.

“Given its current state, I can see where the NFL might be reluctant to locate at the Coliseum,” said Baim. “There’s historical marquee value, but as far as seating I think you’d have to upgrade that significantly.”

"The Rose Bowl is in a better state of repair," he said. "To some degree, the Rose Bowl is already at a professional level."

John Sandbrook, interim general manager at the Coliseum, declined comment.
http://www.pasadenasun.com/the626now/pasadenasu-20121120,0,1610674.story

Well considering Miller missed a game and played ~5 with only one hand, he still won DROY. He likely would have lead in sacks had he been 100% healthy.

There is no argument that Miller is an all around better player than Smith. This year, as well as last year, and likely into the future barring injury. You would be hard pressed to find someone who would rank Smith over Miller in terms of being a better LB.

Not to take away from Smith's accomplishments, as he is a better pure pass rusher, but Miller is the better player while being an elite pass rusher. That's the reason why he won DROY, as well as being in a two man race with JJ for DPOY.

It wasn't meant as an insult, but it is his best quality.

lol i would argue that it is aldon who is only going to get better. remember, he was a DE in college. he is still learning LB and already dominant. von miller was always a LB. and you say miller missed a game and played injured.... but he played over double the snaps that aldon played in last year so there goes that argument.

as for being a better all around player, in what regard? you concede that aldon is a better pass rusher. what else does von miller do? neither aldon nor von miller has an INT in their career. von miller has 5 career PD's and 6 career FF's. aldon has 4 career PD's and 5 career FF's. aldon has 2 less tackles than miller this season and had about 20 less last year in half the snaps.

i'm not arguing against von miller necessarily, i think he is awesome. but the way you present the argument its like there's no question he is the better all around player and the numbers just don't show that it is so clear cut

MechDX

I don't ever recall talking to you or seeing other Texans fans saying anything at the start of the season. Must have been Mech.

It was. :p

On a normal week, Texans demolish the Lions. But with the way things have played out the past two games I just dont see it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Oh Saints fans...

Finally, I hope Vitt lets somebody go after some of their guys. I'm not saying cut blocks, or cheap shots, but maybe some power blasts by Collins. Some cracks off the edges, early to make their DEs THINK about getting hit. I KNOW PT wants a shot at Whitner, and I don't blame him. You can't pay to let one of the O-line target Whitner in a pile, but ...., well ... just saying.

Godslay

Banned
lol i would argue that it is aldon who is only going to get better. remember, he was a DE in college. he is still learning LB and already dominant. von miller was always a LB. and you say miller missed a game and played injured.... but he played over double the snaps that aldon played in last year so there goes that argument.

as for being a better all around player, in what regard? you concede that aldon is a better pass rusher. what else does von miller do? neither aldon nor von miller has an INT in their career. von miller has 5 career PD's and 6 career FF's. aldon has 4 career PD's and 5 career FF's. aldon has 2 less tackles than miller this season and had about 20 less last year in half the snaps.

i'm not arguing against von miller necessarily, i think he is awesome. but the way you present the argument its like there's no question he is the better all around player and the numbers just don't show that it is so clear cut

Smith can certainly improve. They both are awesome. The thing is Von is still learning as well. He came out in certain situations last year, as he was still raw in coverage and in some cases the run. They both are learning, I think that both haven't reached their ceilings, but imo (biased of course) Von has the higher ceiling as a LB.

As far as what separates the two, Von does have more tackles, more forced fumbles, considerably more tackles for loss (which means he's making the play behind the line as opposed to meeting the play after positive yards have been gained) 23 to Smith's 13. Only JJ is close with 20.

The last one is the big one, and shows that he is more of an all-around play maker. Smith is a gifted pass rusher, but outside of pass rush situations he isn't on the same level as Miller yet. I'm not saying that he can't be or he won't be some time in the future.

Outside of picking through stats, I think we can both agree that we have a great future in these guys. That draft class with Miller, JJ, and Smith is pretty amazing really. Trust me I'm no Aldon hater, like I said I'm impressed with him. I think you think I'm a SF hater, I'm not!

You get the most hilarious responses from people on Craigslist.

No I will not sell you my Criterion DVDs for $20.

No I will not take an Xbox game for it.

cajunator

Banned
Oh Saints fans...

Whats this about?

so zombieU is a bomb? that sucks. the only interesting looking game of the launch lineup

No actually it is unexpectedly really great but the gameplay is more like condemned.
It is true survival horror and not dead rising 3. The focus is on surviving as the smallest attack can kill you and you dont have much to work with. It becomes quite tense as a result. Even a horde of two or three zombies will possibly kill you if you approach haphazardly without a plan.

Kiryu

HOU @ DET
WAS @ DAL
NE @ NYJ

TEN @ JAC
BUF @ IND
PIT @ CLE
OAK @ CIN
DEN @ KC
SEA @ MIA
ATL @ TB
MIN @ CHI
BAL @ SD
STL @ ARI
SF @ NO
GB @ NYG

CAR @ PHI

Smith can certainly improve. They both are awesome. The thing is Von is still learning as well. He came out in certain situations last year, as he was still raw in coverage and in some cases the run. They both are learning, I think that both haven't reached their ceilings, but imo (biased of course) Von has the higher ceiling as a LB.

As far as what separates the two, Von does have more tackles, more forced fumbles, considerably more tackles for loss (which means he's making the play behind the line as opposed to meeting the play after positive yards have been gained) 23 to Smith's 13. Only JJ is close with 20.

The last one is the big one, and shows that he is more of an all-around play maker. Smith is a gifted pass rusher, but outside of pass rush situations he isn't on the same level as Miller yet. I'm not saying that he can't be or he won't be some time in the future.

Outside of picking through stats, I think we can both agree that we have a great future in these guys. That draft class with Miller, JJ, and Smith is pretty amazing really. Trust me I'm no Aldon hater, like I said I'm impressed with him. I think you think I'm a SF hater, I'm not!

definitely wasn't saying that aldon should be considered all around better, but i just dont think its out of the question to call it close! miller is a beast and i think much faster with his burst. i think aldon is a bit stronger but slower on the get off. that is why you don't see a lot of TFL and so on. i have been surprised by how well he has held the point against the run.

i don't think you're a SF hater! but you have to admit that the broncos would be better off with alex over peypey. admit it now!

gametrailers review showed it to be pretty ugly and all kinds of glitchy

Haven't encountered a glitch yet. Game is fantastic and the atmosphere is gorgeous. It's not the most beautiful game in the world, but the gritty style fits the gameplay perfectly.

Honestly, for me this game alne made the console worth purchasing. I love survival horror and Ubi nailed this.

squicken

Haven't encountered a glitch yet. Game is fantastic and the atmosphere is gorgeous. It's not the most beautiful game in the world, but the gritty style fits the gameplay perfectly.

Honestly, for me this game alne made the console worth purchasing. I love survival horror and Ubi nailed this.

Condemned was my favorite 360 launch game but I don't like scary games. I played the game as a friend and I voice chatted. It was like co-op for sissies

Granted I haven't played Zombie U but I'd guess it's getting mixed reviews because half of the market is hungry for something that isn't garbage/Mario and the rest is tired of zombie elimination shooters.

squicken

Squicken to the Falcons.
Thanks.
Fans of every other team.

i think we all know cowardly and smith will choke in the playoffs. panthers fans should be worried about the bucs. schiano seems like the guy to keep freeman away from the buffets and get them to play hard. good OC too

Mindlog

Squicken to the Falcons.
Thanks.
Fans of every other team.
You are on a roll. I haven't agreed this much with a Panthers fan since the war of 1812.
Go Bucs!

I'm afraid the Bucs are going to roll the Falcons too hard. The Bucs are going to forget the Broncos are a real NFL team.
Trap game.
Still.
Go Bucs!

Godslay

Banned
definitely wasn't saying that aldon should be considered all around better, but i just dont think its out of the question to call it close! miller is a beast and i think much faster with his burst. i think aldon is a bit stronger but slower on the get off. that is why you don't see a lot of TFL and so on. i have been surprised by how well he has held the point against the run.

i don't think you're a SF hater! but you have to admit that the broncos would be better off with alex over peypey. admit it now!

If Alex played the way he did yesterday, there is no doubt in my mind that the Broncos would be better with him!

Top Bottom