• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

original.gif

Brutal.

firen

Just off the top of my head, The Eagles game (wasn't all Alex, but we were down big that game). The Saints playoff game was close the whole time, so that doesn't really count.

Although all of these weren't EPIC BLOWOUT ZOMFG wins, they were comebacks.

Also, how does the Saints game not count? Obviously it was a close game but Alex had to come back from being down multiple times. Regardless, I don't doubt Harbaugh knows what he's doing but it's at the point in the season where the teams that get hot will play better in the playoffs.

The Chiefs played mistake free football, ran the ball well and passed the ball efficiently...and still only won by 3. Their path to the #1 overall pick is clear, which means the Chiefs will probably win 2 or 3 down the stretch, because they can't even win at losing.

Do you get anything for winning the GAF survival league besides a pat on the back?

Although all of these weren't EPIC BLOWOUT ZOMFG wins, they were comebacks.

Also, how does the Saints game not count? Obviously it was a close game but Alex had to come back from being down multiple times. Regardless, I don't doubt Harbaugh knows what he's doing but it's at the point in the season where the teams that get hot will play better in the playoffs.

God I forgot we had shitty as Tarvaris Jackson as our QB.

bluemax

Banned
Fuck Barkley. Tank the next two years or so and get Johnny Football, right as Manning retires.

Johnny Manziel was pretty terrible against the only good teams he played.

Well maybe not terrible, but unremarkable:

vs Florida 23-30 173 yards 0 Tds 0 INTs 17 carries 60 yards (3.5 ypc) 1 TD
vs LSU 29-56 276 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 17 carries 27 yards (1.6 ypc) 0 TD
vs Alabama 24-31 253 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 18 carries 91 yards (5.1 ypc) 0 TD

So that's 83-117 70.9% 702 yards 2 TDs 3 INTs 52 carries 3.4 ypc 1 TD.

Against all teams in the top 25 he was: 130-193 1408 yards 67.4% 5 TDs 4 INTs 92 carries 489yards 5.3ypc 6 TDs

Also 12 of the 22 times he was sacked were against top 25 teams.

His season stats are less good when you take out his 3 cupcakes:

200-284 2289 yards 70.4% 8.06ypa 11 TDs 6 INTs 16 sacks 128 carries 698 yards 5.5 ypc 10 TD

verbum

Excellent job Talon.

The Falcons could possibly nab a first round bye this weekend. They did bad having a #1 seed and not having a #1 seed. So I am torn.
Rest the starters vs keep the fire in the belly. Which one?

Striker

Alright, bed time. I have work tomorrow. Day after a loss will no doubt have me in a shitty mood to boot.
Over the years and getting two Super Bowl wins kind of allowed me to cool down on seasons like this. It's come to expected. The Giants make things so difficult on themselves - we should have seen this coming a mile away.

Now in order to clinch, I'm seeing they will HAVE to win against NO and PHI, since both have pretty awful defenses, and are favorites to win. Getting a win against ATL (would be huge for the conference record) then would put them in. They can win those three and lose against BAL and be okay. Skins and Cowboys need to win out or at least win three each to get the division.

Maybe the defense can come out inspired vs. Brees and his boys Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles.

Excellent job Talon.

The Falcons could possibly nab a first round bye this weekend. They did bad having a #1 seed and not having a #1 seed. So I am torn.
Rest the starters vs keep the fire in the belly. Which one?

I think I would rather have a fully healthy Julio, Asante, and Weatherspoon so I'd vote rest.

Isn't Dark FaZe the guy who was talking about how Andrew Luck isn't having a good year yesterday?

I just want his trash numbers to be called out by the national media. Winning is all good and well, but its a team game, and some bailing out is being down when you consistently turn the ball over as much as he does.

squicken

It's just a down year as a whole imo. I don't like many college players this year.

oh for sure. if i was going to give out the award i'd go with lee at USC. but of the 3 candidates i'd go with manziel. before the sec title game he led the conference in rushing and passing. that's not too bad

Think about your wife man!
I am! She needs this loss to temper her Patriots enthusiasm before their inevitable SB loss to the Giants.

Speaking of which, the Giants are really shaping up to be a real contender after that clutch loss yesterday. That's what you want to see from a potential champ, the ability to lose a game in the waning moments on both offense and defense.

Great job on the OP Talon. I wonder if this will be the year that the Giants taking teams for granted will bite them in the ass, I doubt it. I really hope they dont fuck up and lose to Foles in a few weeks. I really have a good feeling about the Eagles getting the top pick this year. Man I wish they had lost week 1 to the Browns now.

cajunator

Banned
I'm treading slowly into optimism for the Saints game.

Yall gonna be fine.
Shit came unraveled. Even Brees is playing like complete dogshit.
The main problem right now is the Oline. Its all busted. The line is aging and Streif is probably in his last year. The guys behind him dont inspire much confidence going by the 49er/Atl games where the pass rush got to Brees the entire game and he never settled in. Giants have exactly the kind of pass rush that gives us fits. Granted, Brees has picked them apart since he got here, but that was always in the Dome. Have no idea how he will play at New Meadowlands.

Yall gonna be fine.
Shit came unraveled. Even Brees is playing like complete dogshit.
The main problem right now is the Oline. Its all busted. The line is aging and Streif is probably in his last year. The guys behind him dont inspire much confidence going by the 49er/Atl games where the pass rush got to Brees the entire game and he never settled in. Giants have exactly the kind of pass rush that gives us fits. Granted, Brees has picked them apart since he got here, but that was always in the Dome. Have no idea how he will play at New Meadowlands.

Why the fuck did the Saints let Nicks go? OL was such a strength for them last year.

WedgeX

Banned
Lions wide receiver depth chart is awesome.

Megatron
Burleson - broken leg
Young jr. - a severe case of immaturity
Broyles - tore his good acl
Thomas - was supposed to be a returner
Osgood - special teams
Robiskie - no idea

I wonder if Tim Toone is still around. What's Roy Williams up to these days?

you guys say this shit every other year and the Giants end up rolling over the leagues "greats".

Giants are the best bad team in the league by far. They only play their hardest when they feel like it, and they totally look past certain teams, but when they need to win or they feel disrespected, they can crush any team. It is really odd to see them do the same shit every year, they should absolutely be a dynasty but they keep sabotaging themselves.

Brees needed that money to find the real bountiers

LOL, now I am totally picturing Brees and OJ working together to catch the real killers.

Top Bottom