• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 14 |OT| Christmas Time is Here

eznark

Banned
P
What ever gave you this impression?

spygate.gif

harSon

Banned
A source tells ESPN.com that the soreness in Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder and chest has "diminished."

Roethlisberger continues to work on his arm strength and range of motion. Per ESPN's Ed Werder, he'll now "attempt to demonstrate to the coaching staff that he's capable of making all of the required throws, something he failed to accomplish last week." The early signs here are good, but no one will have a strong read on Big Ben's status until practice resumes on Wednesday.

:D

jbug617

Banned
So Ravens are about to get Lewis back and now Suggs torn his bicep. The Ravens have a hard schedule (@WAS, DEN, NYG, @CIN) to close out the year. They could honestly lose all 4 games left

jmdajr

Stop stealing our thing. Only Texans fans can be self hating.

Racist.

What's the spread for Sunday?

Texans have been so quiet in the media. Matt is Lucky Suh kicked him in the cock or otherwise we wouldn't even be mentioned.

"Great win by the Texans this Monday against the New England. Anyhow, back to the Patriots and Broncos. How ill they do in the AFC Championship game?"

jbug617

Banned

Texans have been so quiet in the media. Matt is Lucky Suh kicked him in the cock, or otherwise we wouldn't even be mentioned.

"Great win by the Texans this Monday against the New England. Anyhow, back to the Patriots and Broncos. How ill they do in the AFC Championship game?"

Yesterday it was Pats -4

verbum

Ha yeah, all three of our wins have been by 8 (vs NO, @WAS, @PHI). We were up by two scores basically until late garbage TDs vs the Skins and Saints though, so I don't really consider those "close" games anyway. Really, we only got pasted by the Giants and Broncos, other than that every single game has been undecided into the 4th quarter.

Is the problem in Cam's head? I know the defense had some big letdowns but is the underlying problem Cam?
I hear conflicting opinions. Some believe Cam just needs a certain OC, or receivers, or O'line upgrade and others believe Russell Wilson could win with what Carolina puts on the field.

Ultratech

Another week, another upset. Or something funny at least.

Picks:

Broncos at Raiders

Chiefs at Browns
Rams at Bills
Eagles at Buccaneers
Falcons at Panthers
Bears at Vikings
Ravens at Redskins
Cowboys at Bengals
Chargers at Steelers
Titans at Colts
Jets at Jaguars
Dolphins at 49ers
Cardinals at Seahawks
Saints at Giants
Lions at Packers

Texans at Patriots

Huh...well, that's a thing.

MechDX

Texans have been so quiet in the media. Matt is Lucky Suh kicked him in the cock or otherwise we wouldn't even be mentioned.

Yep. Im ok with it though. Dont talk about them let them believe they are the underdogs. They know what they have to do and it is win the next two games and wrap up that #1 seed.

They are trying out Routt today at CB:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/04/stanford-routt-heading-to-pittsburgh-too/

They wont need to cut anyone to make room since McCain was put on IR. Brandon Harris played ok when he came in Sunday though and Im pretty sure he will be the slot corner this Monday.

Godslay

Banned
Johnny Manziel was pretty terrible against the only good teams he played.

Well maybe not terrible, but unremarkable:

vs Florida 23-30 173 yards 0 Tds 0 INTs 17 carries 60 yards (3.5 ypc) 1 TD
vs LSU 29-56 276 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 17 carries 27 yards (1.6 ypc) 0 TD
vs Alabama 24-31 253 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 18 carries 91 yards (5.1 ypc) 0 TD

So that's 83-117 70.9% 702 yards 2 TDs 3 INTs 52 carries 3.4 ypc 1 TD.

Against all teams in the top 25 he was: 130-193 1408 yards 67.4% 5 TDs 4 INTs 92 carries 489yards 5.3ypc 6 TDs

Also 12 of the 22 times he was sacked were against top 25 teams.

His season stats are less good when you take out his 3 cupcakes:

200-284 2289 yards 70.4% 8.06ypa 11 TDs 6 INTs 16 sacks 128 carries 698 yards 5.5 ypc 10 TD

And he's a freshman. That's why I said 'a couple of years', by then I'm sure he will be NFL material or close to.

Godslay

Banned

Don't drag us into this. We are doing just fine. We are gunning for a two seed, that's it. Beyond that nothing is guaranteed. A Pats/Texans AFC Championship is more likely at this point, and you are lying to yourself if you think otherwise. If anyone is an underdog to get there its not the Texans or the Pats.

Bowser

Is the problem in Cam's head? I know the defense had some big letdowns but is the underlying problem Cam?
I hear conflicting opinions. Some believe Cam just needs a certain OC, or receivers, or O'line upgrade and others believe Russell Wilson could win with what Carolina puts on the field.

I think part of it is definitely in Cam's head, but it's not all his fault. For example, he goes down and scores a TD with 6 minutes left to go up 21-10 vs the Bucs. Bucs score a FG, Panthers run 3x to get the clock down to about 1 minute (punting on 4th and 1 from the 50 yard line, but it wasn't as egregious a decision as the Atlanta punt), Bucs score a TD and 2pt conversion in 52 seconds with no timeouts, then get the ball first in OT and score a game-winning TD. Cam played error-free and an amazing second half (he was horrendous in the first half, 3-15 I think, but came back and went 9/10 and led two TD drives in the 2nd half I believe), but didn't get a chance to touch the ball in OT due to our defense.

Against KC on Sunday, the defense couldn't get off the field at all. In the first three quarters, the offense had four total possessions. Four! We scored TDs on our first two possessions, punted the third, and on the fourth possession (our only possession in the 3rd quarter, mind you) LaFell dropped a wide open TD bomb from Cam (perfectly thrown, LaFell just let it slip through his hands, he had 3 steps on the KC DB). Cam did have two chances in the 4th and bring us down to score the go-ahead TD, but we couldn't get it done, which is disappointing.

But again, I think the main problem is that the offense asks so much of Cam. He will be the leading rusher on the Panthers for the second season in a row. I know RG3 just broke Cam's rushing record, but he's also got a 1,000 yd back to lean on and an OC in Kyle Shanahan who seemingly knows the value of a balanced attack. I think Cam feels he NEEDS to score on every possession, especially in the second half, and that's when he starts pressing and forcing things, getting sloppy with his mechanics. He's just a second year QB though, so I have hope that he'll get it figured out. I'd be lying if I said I'm not disappointed with his late-game performances, but I think that has as much to do with coaching as it has to do with the man himself.

jmdajr

Yep. Im ok with it though. Dont talk about them let them believe they are the underdogs. They know what they have to do and it is win the next two games and wrap up that #1 seed.

They are trying out Routt today at CB:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/04/stanford-routt-heading-to-pittsburgh-too/

They wont need to cut anyone to make room since McCain was put on IR. Brandon Harris played ok when he came in Sunday though and Im pretty sure he will be the slot corner this Monday.

Yeah making more fun than anything. I'm fine being the underdog. I mean, can't really be an underdog at 11-1, but as far the media goes we still haven't really paid our dues yet.
So each weak you have to keep proving yourself.

It's like CM Punk as WWE champion! lol.

I want the Pats to lose just as much as anyone but they are the best team in the AFC until proven otherwise, in my eyes. A convincing loss to the Texans would be a good start at demonstrating that this is no longer the case, but I don't really expect to know one way or the other until playoff time.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...-patriots-houston-texans-matchup-plenty-offer

How do you block J.J. Watt? Had the 2011 draft unfolded as some analysts predicted, defensive lineman J.J. Watt would have been playing in New England, not Houston. Watt's name was linked to the Patriots as much as anyone on the mock-draft circuit, but he never made it to the 17th overall selection as the Texans swooped in at No. 11.

:p

Don't drag us into this. We are doing just fine. We are gunning for a two seed, that's it. Beyond that nothing is guaranteed. A Pats/Texans AFC Championship is more likely at this point, and you are lying to yourself if you think otherwise. If anyone is an underdog to get there its not the Texans or the Pats.

Dont hate the Broncos. Im just tired of already hearing the undertones that it will be Manning/Brady in the AFCCG. This season has proved the theory of "Any given Sunday" is alive and well and even though I want that #1 seed it honestly doesnt mean as much as it did in years past.

bionic77

I want the Pats to lose just as much as anyone but they are the best team in the AFC until proven otherwise, in my eyes. A convincing loss to the Texans would be a good start at demonstrating that this is no longer the case, but I don't really expect to know one way or the other until playoff time.
Fools gold.

Keep on believing though.

Also thank God Watts did not go to the Pats. That would have been a disaster!

harSon

Banned
So Ravens are about to get Lewis back and now Suggs torn his bicep. The Ravens have a hard schedule (@WAS, DEN, NYG, @CIN) to close out the year. They could honestly lose all 4 games left

Yup, while we play the Chargers, Cowboys, Browns and Bengals. Get ready to lose the division to the Steelers, Ravens!

jmdajr

But the Texans aren't underdogs. Top of the power rankings, leading record in the AFC, potential DPOY, high powered offense.

Statistically no. But I think underdog as far as perception goes.

"Baw Gawd, but can they win the big one!"

bionic77

My playoff prediction from earlier had you guys beating the Bengals and still missing out to them. Not sure how that happened but it's possible!
If we beat them that will be tough but anything can happen in this league. I mean the Seahawks could win the division now if they win out and the Giants could easily miss the playoffs.

jbug617

Banned
Thursday
Broncos at Raiders

Sunday
Chiefs at Browns
Rams at Bills
Eagles at Buccaneers
Falcons at Panthers
Bears at Vikings
Ravens at Redskins
Cowboys at Bengals
Chargers at Steelers
Titans at Colts
Jets at Jaguars
Dolphins at 49ers
Cardinals at Seahawks
Saints at Giants
Lions at Packers

Monday
Texans at Patriots

If we beat them that will be tough but anything can happen in this league. I mean the Seahawks could win the division now if they win out and the Giants could easily miss the playoffs.

No fucking way do the Giants miss the playoffs. They will get down to some must win game and win by 28.

Top Bottom