• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

No one wins in Seattle.Good luck.

cutler.jpg

Yeah the Ravens have looked ugly, hell DAMN ugly, but let's not go calling it a collapse. Save that word for teams that lose to the Raiders, Browns, and Chargers not teams that are going to the playoffs for the fifth straight year.

Mrbob

Hahaha yeah it is awesome.

Ground and Pound with defense doesn't work anymore Steve. You need to be able to pass in this league and outscore your opponent.

It's why the Bears better hire an offensive guru as their next head coach.

harSon

Banned
Yeah the Ravens have looked ugly, hell DAMN ugly, but let's not go calling it a collapse. Save that word for teams that lose to the Raiders, Browns, and Chargers not teams that are going to the playoffs for the fifth straight year.

No, it's a collapse.

The only reason they're in the playoffs is because the Steelers were fresh off of not having Roethlisberger in their first match up, and the refs gave them the game with a stupidly generous spot (even after a booth review) against the Chargers. Otherwise, they'd be on a 5 game losing streak right now.

They've been complete horse shit for weeks now, and just because they look better in comparison to some other situations, doesn't change that fact.

No, it's a collapse.

The only reason they're in the playoffs is because the Steelers were fresh off of not having Roethlisberger in their first match up, and the refs gave them the game with a stupidly generous spot (even after a booth review) against the Chargers. Otherwise, they'd be on a 5 game losing streak right now.

They've been complete horse shit for weeks now, and just because they look better in comparison to some other situations, doesn't change that fact.

You have fun rationalizing the Steelers' collapse since they got booted out of the playoffs by a QB who can't even beat out Mark Sanchez for a starting job. I'll concede collapse if we don't take the division but until then you're just pissing in the wind on this one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Saturday
Falcons at Lions

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers
Bills at Dolphins
Bengals at Steelers
Patriots at Jaguars
Colts at Chiefs
Saints at Cowboys
Redskins at Eagles
Rams at Buccaneers
Chargers at Jets
Titans at Packers
Vikings at Texans
Browns at Broncos
Bears at Cardinals
Giants at Ravens
49ers at Seahawks

harSon

Banned
You have fun rationalizing the Steelers' collapse since they got booted out of the playoffs by a QB who can't even beat out Mark Sanchez for a starting job. I'll concede collapse if we don't take the division but until then you're just pissing in the wind on this one.

There's nothing to argue. I'm right and you're wrong. The fact that the Steelers suck (I agree) doesn't rectify the fact that the Ravens are collapsing. You being in the playoffs has more to do with other teams in the conference sucking, and sheer luck (Steelers sans Ben and being gifted an undeserved win against the Chargers), than the Raven's own efforts. The Ravens went from a commanding lead in the division, and the potential to take a top position within the AFC playoff seedings, to a potential 6th seed in a season where the AFC sucks. That's collapsing by definition.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hahaha yeah it is awesome.

Ground and Pound with defense doesn't work anymore Steve. You need to be able to pass in this league and outscore your opponent.
That was pretty much Pre-Kaep 49ers. It's the kind of team that allows for a mediocre quarterback as long as he doesn't fuck up.

Tabris

I have now been able to visually confirm that Tom Brady is ugly in person.

What a game. It was actually kind of fun being in a poncho in the rain.

Kiryu

Saturday
Falcons at Lions Falcons are 1# Fraud team of NFC.

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers Cam's Superman
Bills at Dolphins Bills should start to lose the game for better draft picks (to take fucking franchise QB)
Bengals at Steelers Steelers gonna steal Bengal's playoff #6
Patriots at Jaguars Gator's favorite matchup of the whole season
Colts at Chiefs Andrew Luck gonna luck a win
Saints at Cowboys We want playoff seed #6 and We are gonna score!
Redskins at Eagles RGIII should dominate as Prime Form of Micheal Vick
Rams at Buccaneers Rams gonna ram
Chargers at Jets Chargers have more talents than LOLJets
Titans at Packers Packers gonna win to get 2# Seed.
Vikings at Texans Close game but Texans win because Viking have no QB.
Browns at Broncos Broncos won't end its 10 win streak.
Bears at Cardinals Bears are desperate for Playoff.
Giants at Ravens Giants are starting to going back to their Playoff form.
49ers at Seahawks No team have won on Seahawks field this season! (BEST GAME OF THE SEAHAWKS SEASON since GBvsSEA MNF)

FrenchMovieTheme: Avatar Bet?

Bengals win and they're in.

In other words, they're out. lol I've never seen the Bengals win a big game in my lifetime, and I'm not even joking. Well, that one win against the Steelers in 2005 was big, but since then, nothing.

Tabris

What section were you? I was freezing my ass off in 335.

Section 114, Row 4. I got to see / cheer on 49ers as they entered and left the field. Some of them were cool and waved / pointed back to the 49er fans in the corner.

Note - I'm not a 49ers fan, but Kaepernick is on my fantasy team and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And I was with a hardcore 49ers fan.

EDIT - You guys have the most beautiful sports complex I have seen. At that size.

After watching the Cardinals play the Lions, I really don't like the Bears chances Sunday. The Cards seem to still care, and want to play hard for Whisenhunt. They just don't have an offense to speak of.

I don't think they'll need to score too many points to win.

Marshall is the only competent player Cutler can rely on. At this point Hester doesn't belong on the field as a receiver or even a kick off returner. Jeffrey is a walking PI magnet. Forte is only allowed to run for two yards up the middle. I think Earl Bennett is dead. God, what a fucking mess.

That said, at least they're not the Jets.

Saturday
Falcons at Lions Falcons are 1# Fraud team of NFC.

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers Cam's Superman
Bills at Dolphins Bills should start to lose the game for better draft picks (to take fucking franchise QB)
Bengals at Steelers Steelers gonna steal Bengal's playoff #6
Patriots at Jaguars Gator's favorite matchup of the whole season
Colts at Chiefs Andrew Luck gonna luck a win
Saints at Cowboys We want playoff seed #6 and We are gonna score!
Redskins at Eagles RGIII should dominate as Prime Form of Micheal Vick
Rams at Buccaneers Rams gonna ram
Chargers at Jets Chargers have more talents than LOLJets
Titans at Packers Packers gonna win to get 2# Seed.
Vikings at Texans Close game but Texans win because Viking have no QB.
Browns at Broncos Broncos won't end its 10 win streak.
Bears at Cardinals Bears are desperate for Playoff.
Giants at Ravens Giants are starting to going back to their Playoff form.
49ers at Seahawks No team have won on Seahawks field this season! (BEST GAME OF THE SEAHAWKS SEASON since GBvsSEA MNF)

FrenchMovieTheme: Avatar Bet?

patriots were undefeated at home in december for like the last 10 years. you're going to get the samething they got from us: an ass beating

and yes, 1 week avatar bet or whatever time length you want to have a niners avatar for, it's up to you

Kiryu

patriots were undefeated at home in december for like the last 10 years. you're going to get the samething they got from us: an ass beating

and yes, 1 week avatar bet or whatever time length you want to have a niners avatar for, it's up to you
Would you do two week bet.
If I lose...
I wear avatar for two weeks.
If I win...
I would like you to drop the bet with Gator with only 1 week of avatar?

Fair?

Your counter offer?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Oh Jets...will you ever not suck horribly?

Depends, how long will they stick with Sanchez?

Pulling a stat out of my butt, like 95% of this board has been calling the guy a loser for years at this point. I mean, we also make fun of decent quarterbacks like Schaub, Flacco, Fatford, and the Cowardly Ryan but Sanchez is just something amazingly awful.

Saturday
Falcons at Lions Ugh

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers
Bills at Dolphins
Bengals at Steelers
Patriots at Jaguars For Gator!
Colts at Chiefs
Saints at Cowboys
Redskins at Eagles
Rams at Buccaneers
Chargers at Jets
Titans at Packers
Vikings at Texans
Browns at Broncos
Bears at Cardinals
Giants at Ravens
49ers at Seahawks

Sanchez is garbo. Big Bawls Pete redeemed once again. Also Jake Locker is basically a better version of Tebow who can actually throw and even he's pretty average. Hopefully this year puts an end to Tebow mania. He and Lin can go jump off a cliff.

LJ11

Some absolute garbage taken early with regards to the QB position.

Tyler Wilson is a better QB than a lot of these fools, not even on the same planet. Based on the past he's a top ten selection I think, but I wonder if teams get gun shy.

Would you do two week bet.
If I lose...
I wear avatar for two weeks.
If I win...
I would like you to drop the bet with Gator with only 1 week of avatar?

Fair?

Your counter offer?

if you want to do 2 weeks thats fine, but i'm not going to get gator involved. he has his 49ers avatar until the moment the superbowl wins and nothing is going to change that.

simple 2 week avatar bet between 2 best friends: if the seahawks win i will wear an avatar of your choosing for 2 weeks and if the 49ers win you wear an avatar of my choosing for 2 weeks

squicken

Some absolute garbage taken early with regards to the QB position.

Tyler Wilson is a better QB than a lot of these fools, not even on the same planet. Based on the past he's a top ten selection I think, but I wonder if teams get gun shy.

lower risk now with new CBA. Can cut bait with far less pain than guys like Bradford and Sanchez

Top Bottom