• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

rObit

Banned
Saturday
Falcons at Lions

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers
Bills at Dolphins
Bengals at Steelers
Patriots at Jaguars
Colts at Chiefs
Saints at Cowboys
Redskins at Eagles
Rams at Buccaneers
Chargers at Jets
Titans at Packers
Vikings at Texans
Browns at Broncos
Bears at Cardinals
Giants at Ravens
49ers at Seahawks

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some absolute garbage taken early with regards to the QB position.

Tyler Wilson is a better QB than a lot of these fools, not even on the same planet. Based on the past he's a top ten selection I think, but I wonder if teams get gun shy.

That's what I've been saying except his team had a down year due to the nuclear bomb combo of John L. Smith and Petrino running around with university staff members.

He'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round but we'll see what happens once draft season starts.

Bengals win and they're in.

In other words, they're out. lol I've never seen the Bengals win a big game in my lifetime, and I'm not even joking. Well, that one win against the Steelers in 2005 was big, but since then, nothing.

Just got to get past the Steelers then it's Flaccolol and the old ass Ravens.

2012 divisions champions! Woo!

Kiryu

if you want to do 2 weeks thats fine, but i'm not going to get gator involved. he has his 49ers avatar until the moment the superbowl wins and nothing is going to change that.

simple 2 week avatar bet between 2 best friends: if the seahawks win i will wear an avatar of your choosing for 2 weeks and if the 49ers win you wear an avatar of my choosing for 2 weeks
Alright. I accept!
I feel pity for Gator.

cdyhybrid

Saturday
Falcons at Lions

Sunday
Raiders at Panthers
Bills at Dolphins
Bengals at Steelers
Patriots at Jaguars
Colts at Chiefs
Saints at Cowboys
Redskins at Eagles
Rams at Buccaneers
Chargers at Jets
Titans at Packers
Vikings at Texans
Browns at Broncos
Bears at Cardinals
Giants at Ravens
49ers at Seahawks

Section 114, Row 4. I got to see / cheer on 49ers as they entered and left the field. Some of them were cool and waved / pointed back to the 49er fans in the corner.

Note - I'm not a 49ers fan, but Kaepernick is on my fantasy team and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And I was with a hardcore 49ers fan.

EDIT - You guys have the most beautiful sports complex I have seen. At that size.

I'm not a Pats fan. My gf is.

LJ11

lower risk now with new CBA. Can cut bait with far less pain than guys like Bradford and Sanchez

Definitely, but it's still hard to miss on a guy in the first, need to nail those selections.

That's what I've been saying except his team had a down year due to the nuclear bomb combo of John L. Smith and Petrino running around with university staff members.

He'll probably go in the 2nd or 3rd round but we'll see what happens once draft season starts.

Petrino's a good fucking coach, an asshole but a good coach. Wilson made some poor ass decisions this year, probably trying to do too much. Outside of Hamilton he had no one, lost his entire receiving corps and Knile Davis looks like a shell of what he was.

That OL is complete dog shit, has been for his entire career, but Wilson still produced. He took an absolute beat down behind the line and yet he doesn't play scared. Hits have taken a toll though, concussion history is not what you want with a future QB.

Don't think he makes it to the third, top 2nd at worst. Should probably rewatch a few games, don't have the drive to do so, not right now anyway. Bet the scouts have a different take on Wilson, think my only worry is the hits/concussions.

Edit: Some of these personnel men rely on their size/height/weight measurables to determine selections so who the fuck knows. Anyone who watched Gabbert play knew the guy was a mess in the pocket and dropped his eyes at the first sign of trouble. Had the height/size/arm so who cares about the rest. R.Wilson had a good arm, could move and create on his own, fairly accurate, but was short. Still too early to make a judgement on Wilson, so it's too early to crow about it.

squicken

Definitely, but it's still hard to miss on a guy in the first, need to nail those selections.

I wouldn't roll the dice either on guys like Locker, Gabbert and Ponder. Even at the time those looked like reaches. Draft so far seems like lots of those. Not sure how anyone can talk themselves into Geno Smith. Short passes, great weapons, and he still played pretty poor vs "elite" Big 12 defenses

Lunchbox

Banned
the op of these threads are made by a bunch of bitter hiveminded fucks who have this built up frustration of 12 years of beat down we put on their teams

make sure to put this title back up when the niners get spanked through the cracks we exposed in the 3rd quarter while we lift number 4 and replace montana from the record books

Talon

the op of these threads are made by a bunch of bitter hiveminded fucks who have this built up frustration of 12 years of beat down we put on their teams

make sure to put this title back up when the niners get spanked through the cracks we exposed in the 3rd quarter while we lift number 4 and replace montana from the record books
9UEzY.png

Saved that one just for you.

cdyhybrid

qBaXj.jpg

squicken

brady doesn't need a SB to prove he's better than Montana

LJ11

I wouldn't roll the dice either on guys like Locker, Gabbert and Ponder. Even at the time those looked like reaches. Draft so far seems like lots of those. Not sure how anyone can talk themselves into Geno Smith. Short passes, great weapons, and he still played pretty poor vs "elite" Big 12 defenses

Yeah, I bashed Locker pretty good predraft, I was shocked when the Titans took him that high. Was convinced that no one would take him in the first, at the time I said I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd. Ponder was another shock as well.

Geno's problem as the year wore on was locking on, slow with his decisions/progressions. If he falls into the right situation he may be able to produce early. So many variables, it's sometimes hard to predict who will sink or swim.

So, who wants to play "Guess the Jets starter next week" Round 2?

...You really, really think this has to be it for Sanchez, but dammit I still don't know if it is.

Talon

Geno's problem as the year wore on was locking on, slow with his decisions/progressions. If he falls into the right situation he may be able to produce early. So many variables, it's sometimes hard to predict who will sink or swim.
Pundits and fans like to pretend that it's plug and play with quarterbacks, but the personnel, the coaches and situation dictate just as much as the actual quarterback.

Favre is not a HoF if he's stuck with Glanville and co. in Atlanta for a decade. Best thing that ever happened to him was landing in Wisconsin with a staff of Holmgren, Sherman, Morninwhig, Mooch, and Gruden around him.

why didn't you "expose" those cracks with the game on the line and needing only 7 points? the great tom brady and your legendary offense surely could've scored a measley 7 points against our fraud defense with 2 opportunities late in the 4th! surely!

its ok though. i can see how frustrated the pats would be. can't beat any of the NFC west inside the united states. you're so used to beating up on worthless AFC opponents and you are given a free pass to the playoffs every year. but this year there are actually a couple good teams in the AFC and now you'll have to play a wildcard game an obviously you will lose.

don't turn your anger towards the niners. turn your anger towards eric mangini. he is the one that exposed your cheating team and invalidated all of the superbowls you supposedly won previously. your franchise has never recovered and have proven time and time again that when they aren't allowed to cheat they can't win. what a shame :(

Tabris

The Seacocks hang 50 on two very very bad teams and people are crowning them?

They also beat the following teams:

NE, CHI, MIN (with AP in full swing), GB (whatever, it counts)

Don't count them out. They have momentum and confidence. I say they beat the 9ers. Hell, 9ers lost to STL. Essentially twice infact.

Lunchbox

Banned
why didn't you "expose" those cracks with the game on the line and needing only 7 points? the great tom brady and your legendary offense surely could've scored a measley 7 points against our fraud defense with 2 opportunities late in the 4th! surely!

all game they doubled welker and hernandez, 2 primary targets taken out without any consequences because the third one wasnt playing. AND STILL GAVE UP 30+. do you realize how fucking lucky you were? brandon lloyd a guy brady doesnt even trust lit you up.

see you in the superbowl motherfucker, and you better not choke like last year with your new option read qb

FdWyM.jpg

if the niners season sticks to the script, we will lose against seattle. niners have won 2, lost 1 throughout the season (except the 1 tie instead of a loss). beat gb/det, lose to min. beat nyj/buf, lose to giants. beat seahawks/cards, tie rams. beat bears/saints, lose to rams, beat dolphins/pats, lose to seahawks. beat cards/our first playoff opponent, lose in the divisional or nfc championship (depending on if we get the bye). oh well!

MechDX

I think the Vikings can win on Sunday.

I hope Peterson wins MVP before they find out he is taking horse steroids.

Ap will get his but it will fall on Ponder to win the game. He is like a young matt Schaub, only worse somehow.

And that pic lunchbox just posted should be bannable.......

Tabris

I think the Vikings can win on Sunday.

I hope Peterson wins MVP before they find out he is taking horse steroids.

I love AP because I picked him up in the 3rd round in my fantasy draft and I won regular season + going into the "Superbowl" of fantasy now (won the championship rounds), but Peyton deserves it. Peyton has essentially re-engineered the Denver Broncos into the Peyton Manning show.

Give comeback to AP and MVP to Peyton.

Talon

Ap will get his but it will fall on Ponder to win the game. He is like a young matt Schaub, only worse somehow.
A young Schaub didn't make the mistakes that Ponder makes. Never threw beyond 15 yards and was conservative as hell.

The 35 six yard completions against New England made him a lot of money.

I love AP because I picked him up in the 3rd round in my fantasy draft and I won regular season + going into the "Superbowl" of fantasy now (won the championship rounds), but Peyton deserves it. Peyton has essentially re-engineered the Denver Broncos into the Peyton Manning show.

Give comeback to AP and MVP to Peyton.

They should do a three way split.

They've done a two way before.

Hell give it to everyone.

Tabris

all game they doubled welker and hernandez, 2 primary targets taken out without any consequences because the third one wasnt playing. AND STILL GAVE UP 30+. do you realize how fucking lucky you were? brandon lloyd a guy brady doesnt even trust lit you up.

see you in the superbowl motherfucker, and you better not choke like last year with your new option read qb

You're not going to SB. If Kaepernick can score 4 touchdowns on you, the new Manning 2.0 (you played Manning 1.0) is going to destroy the Pats.

And the big difference between SF and DEN is Manning will keep time of possession so high that Brady won't get the ball to score 28 points.

Get prepared to re-live 2006 motherfucker!

FdWyM.jpg

wah wah wah wah wah!

gronk is lucky he didn't play. he would've gotten fucked up just like hernandez did by goldson. no way to know for sure if gronk is as much of a gigantic fucking pussy as hernandez (short armed the next throw he got leading to a pick), but i'm pretty sure he is. gronk wouldn't have left that game healthy and would've missed the rest of the season. patriots are a fragile and finesse team. they aren't used to west coast bullies coming in and knocking them the fuck out. niners let the pats know early and often how the game was going to go down

Talon

19 QBs in the league are completing 60% or more of their passes.

Goodell's NFL.

Notable QBs that aren't: Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, SCam, Taco Freeman

19 QBs in the league are completing 60% or more of their passes.

Goodell's NFL.

Notable QBs that aren't: Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Joe Flacco, SCam, Taco Freeman

don't forget andrew luck. he is completing less than 55% of his passes lololollllllllllll. bitch aint shit without harbs!

Tabris

don't forget andrew luck. he is completing less than 55% of his passes lololollllllllllll. bitch aint shit without harbs!

What does Harbs have to do with Andrew Luck? Did he coach him at Stanford?

Also Andrew Luck is doing amazing. His 4th quarter play has been stellar. A lot of his poor stats are from early games as he was learning how to play in the nFL.

squicken

Pundits and fans like to pretend that it's plug and play with quarterbacks, but the personnel, the coaches and situation dictate just as much as the actual quarterback.

Favre is not a HoF if he's stuck with Glanville and co. in Atlanta for a decade. Best thing that ever happened to him was landing in Wisconsin with a staff of Holmgren, Sherman, Morninwhig, Mooch, and Gruden around him.

This is why I like Steve Young when he talks about QBs. I'll paraphrase him, but essentially, the best attribute for evaluating a young QB is the situation he is drafted into. If Walsh doesn't trade for him he is a footnote

There are maybe 2 or 3 guys a decade who can succeed anywhere. I have no doubt David Carr could have made it under even decent conditions. By the time Kubiak got there his drive was gone

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
if the niners season sticks to the script, we will lose against seattle. niners have won 2, lost 1 throughout the season (except the 1 tie instead of a loss). beat gb/det, lose to min. beat nyj/buf, lose to giants. beat seahawks/cards, tie rams. beat bears/saints, lose to rams, beat dolphins/pats, lose to seahawks. beat cards/our first playoff opponent, lose in the divisional or nfc championship (depending on if we get the bye). oh well!
Sounds like a plan.

squicken

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
Most multi-turnover games this season: Mark Sanchez-9, Matt Cassel-7, Carson Palmer-7. What do they have in common? Coincidence?

cdyhybrid

David Shaw was clearly the one responsible for Luck's success. Luck had a better season after Harbaugh left Stanford.

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
Most multi-turnover games this season: Mark Sanchez-9, Matt Cassel-7, Carson Palmer-7. What do they have in common? Coincidence?

They're in the AFC?

What does Harbs have to do with Andrew Luck? Did he coach him at Stanford?

Also Andrew Luck is doing amazing. His 4th quarter play has been stellar. A lot of his poor stats are from early games as he was learning how to play in the nFL.

he has actually gotten worse as the season has gone on. his last 5 games:

1. 63 rating, 54% comp
2. 71 rating, 54% comp
3. 77 rating, 44% comp
4. 50 rating, 47% comp
5. 95 rating, 48% comp

i mean you compare that to some of the other rookies and its not favorable. obviously he doesn't have an all pro team around him but neither did RGIII at the beginning of the year!

Top Bottom