• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 16 |OT| The Comeback is Bigger than the Win

squicken

he has actually gotten worse as the season has gone on. his last 5 games:

1. 63 rating, 54% comp
2. 71 rating, 54% comp
3. 77 rating, 44% comp
4. 50 rating, 47% comp
5. 95 rating, 48% comp

i mean you compare that to some of the other rookies and its not favorable. obviously he doesn't have an all pro team around him but neither did RGIII at the beginning of the year!

He's playing worse. I can't begin to explain how dumb his coach is. They cannot pass protect yet he sends all the WRs deep. It's madness. The hits are taking a toll as the year goes on

They're in the AFC?

Or they lost their Adderall source

Tabris

A big difference between him and a lot of other rookies is he's airing out the ball a lot more, while others have better RBs.

Completion rating isn't an accurate stat on how effective a QB is, without looking at everything else. I mean Alex Smith had a high completion rating but he sucked.

Most important stat, he's turning a 1-15 team into a team that could possibly make the playoffs.

He's playing worse. I can't begin to explain how dumb his coach is. They cannot pass protect yet he sends all the WRs deep. It's madness. The hits are taking a toll as the year goes on

i actually like luck a lot, would kill to have him on our team, but i don't see them getting deep in the playoffs for a couple more years. need to get him some help on both sides of the ball

Kiryu

What does Harbs have to do with Andrew Luck? Did he coach him at Stanford?

Also Andrew Luck is doing amazing. His 4th quarter play has been stellar. A lot of his poor stats are from early games as he was learning how to play in the NFL.
No excuses why RGIII and Russel Wilson performs very well than Andrew Luck.

Talon

This is why I like Steve Young when he talks about QBs. I'll paraphrase him, but essentially, the best attribute for evaluating a young QB is the situation he is drafted into. If Walsh doesn't trade for him he is a footnote

There are maybe 2 or 3 guys a decade who can succeed anywhere. I have no doubt David Carr could have made it under even decent conditions. By the time Kubiak got there his drive was gone
Even with the great QBs right now, Peyton's the only one that I think would succeed anywhere. Tom Brady had a pretty clear evolution as a passer from a facilitator to a guy that wins games on his own.

AGod has made the biggest jump from college to pros that I've ever personally seen. 2006, when he played in the preseason, all I saw was a guy that reacted slowly and got flustered. Now he's the best quarterback in the league when it comes to keeping a play alive, throwing downfield and placing the ball for his receivers.

Miguel

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
Most multi-turnover games this season: Mark Sanchez-9, Matt Cassel-7, Carson Palmer-7. What do they have in common? Coincidence?
matt-leinart_thedirty.com.jpg

I'm undefeated bitches!

Have u ever noticed how don barclay looks like a super villain?

I have

s1L5x.png

why hello there, mr. bond

don-barclay.jpg

isn't it a wonderful day to die?

Hunter S.

You're not going to SB. If Kaepernick can score 4 touchdowns on you, the new Manning 2.0 (you played Manning 1.0) is going to destroy the Pats.

And the big difference between SF and DEN is Manning will keep time of possession so high that Brady won't get the ball to score 28 points.

Get prepared to re-live 2006 motherfucker!

I have to agree with you on this. Though You are failing to mention the improvement on the defense as Jack Del Rio has also turned them into one of the most aggressive pass rushing defenses in his first year since then. Not to mention we now have holliday for kick off and punt returns who has been stellar.

Brady will choke on the thin air here like he usually chokes on dicks during pity parties after his losses.

squicken

i actually like luck a lot, would kill to have him on our team, but i don't see them getting deep in the playoffs for a couple more years. need to get him some help on both sides of the ball

Must draft OL. With all their picks if need be. Can fix the defense later. Just don't break the franchise QB

I thought Steeler fans loved Arians though!

They still do, but Haley is getting on the list too

AGod has made the biggest jump from college to pros that I've ever personally seen. 2006, when he played in the preseason, all I saw was a guy that reacted slowly and got flustered. Now he's the best quarterback in the league when it comes to keeping a play alive, throwing downfield and placing the ball for his receivers.

Yeah that story of how they had to rebuild him was great. Perfect example of competent coaching and a what playing with weapons can do. What would you expect from Carr when he got under center and knew that no one would get open and he would be getting hit?

So basically the AFC's Jason Garrett except better, since he doesn't ice his own kicker.

He's Mike Martz who got lucky enough to coach guys who were 6'4" + and 230 +. Martz coached smaller guys and they couldn't hold up

I can't begin to explain how dumb his coach is. They cannot pass protect yet he sends all the WRs deep. It's madness. The hits are taking a toll as the year goes on

So basically the AFC's Jason Garrett except better, since he doesn't ice his own kicker.

Troll

Banned
This is the best rookie qb class since Big Ben's. I'd think that it goes down as being better but we have to see some SBs first.

Tabris

I can't believe you're complaining about a dumb coach squicken when you had Jim Caldwell, the dumbest coach of all time, on your team for years.

Jim Caldwell basically cost a playoff run with the worst timeout call I've ever seen (and Manning agrees with me) against the jets.

Talon

I can't believe you're complaining about a dumb coach squicken when you had Jim Caldwell, the dumbest coach of all time, on your team for years.

Jim Caldwell basically cost a playoff run with the worst timeout call I've ever seen (and Manning agrees with me) against the jets.
Squicken was not a Colts fan last year.

Lunchbox

Banned
This is the best rookie qb class since Big Ben's. I'd think that it goes down as being better but we have to see some SBs first.

theres like 2 that even matter

and only RG3 will ever win a superbowl in his career since luck will never go through Mallet and the patriots

most hyped yes, best no

Tabris

theres like 2 that even matter

and only RG3 will ever win a superbowl in his career since luck will never go through Mallet and the patriots

most hyped yes, best no

Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII, Andrew Luck. 4 successful rookie QBs leading their teams to winning records.

Hunter S.

I mean it's not going to go down as being better, or at the very least, that's a stupid and overly early assessment to make after this class' rookie seasons.

Agreed, still it looks good and most people are not even aware of the potentially good Brock Osweiler currently only taking knee downs at the end of games for Manning and working wing him every day.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lower risk now with new CBA. Can cut bait with far less pain than guys like Bradford and Sanchez

Exactly why all these mock drafts not including Matt Barkely or Tyler Wilson are full of shit. The new CBA means teams are not as scared to take a QB in the first round.

Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkely will all be picked within the first 20 picks, quote me on that.

This is good news for the Detroit Lions because we have our QB for the future which means players like Manti Teo or Jarvis Jones can fall to us. feelsgoodman.jpg

harSon

Banned
What the fuck, I didn't know Sanders suffered crack ribs in the Cowboys game. How the fuck do we manage to draft so many wet tissue paper bodied players? Guess it's not that big of a deal, he's regressed a lot this season. Has had some big issues holding onto the ball, alongside everyone else not named Heath Miller.

Exactly why all these mock drafts not including Matt Barkely or Tyler Wilson are full of shit. The new CBA means teams are not as scared to take a QB in the first round.

Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkely will all be picked within the first 20 picks, quote me on that.

This is good news for the Detroit Lions because we have our QB for the future which means players like Manti Teo or Jarvis Jones can fall to us. feelsgoodman.jpg
I feel like the bills will make a push for Wilson, might even need to trade up to get him. The browns are waiting for the call.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like the bills will make a push for Wilson, might even need to trade up to get him. The browns are waiting for the call.

IMO Tyler Wilson looks like the most NFL ready in terms of arm strength, pocket presence and playing in a pro style offense.

He kind of reminds me of Stafford/Jay Cutler coming out of college playing in the SEC and arm strength (not as skilled though yet). After pro days and everything, Wilson will be a Top 10 pick.

After last years playoff run I almost forgot what it felt like to be back in the Top 10 of the draft. Feels warm and cozy.....like home.

MechDX

Fuck all your fraud ass quarterback! Texans are one Schaub hit away from complete domination!

136076784_crop_650x440.jpg

More playoff wins than Matt Ryan!

Troll

Banned
This is Colin Kaepernick's second season in the league bro

Luck HOF

RG3 HOF

Wilson ROF probably SB

Cousins if he gets traded he's going to be good wherever he lands

Tannehill average career, probably be the Schaub of the class

Weedon probably out of the league because of age and how bad the browns suck

Osweiler takes over for manning wins SBs

Foles solid pro

This is how it's going to shake out GAF. Take it to the bank.

cashman

Banned

He learned from Favre

edit: also Foles will be a scrub.

Troll

Banned
Foles has a smooth release, great footwork and makes rookie mistakes. When he took over his entire team including his coach had already given up. Foles was put into the worst spot possible as a rookie. It's between him and Ryan Lindley.

Top Bottom