• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

BadAss2961

untitled-16ukkih.gif
Such a fucking shame. Would've been perfect for Dez.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Giants are shit if Eli doesn't have a good game.
I can't disagree. The defense was all over things early in the game and frankly I put the game being that close more on the offense than the D. Yes, the defense did not play amazingly well but they still generated turnovers and the offense not punching in TD's is a big big reason why things went the way they did. They score on 2 of those 5 GF's and it's not even a game.

Crazy how a few inches equals a win or loss. Dez holds on to the ball and doesn't try to break his fall and the Cowboys win.

GG Cowboys fans. It's never an easy match-up (despite the fact that it should have been early on).

squicken

Man it is frustrating to be in a division with the Giants. They play down to teams all the time, and they will totally take their foot off a teams throat when they have a led, so they always give hope to other teams. But when the chips are down they almost always come through. I really wonder if the Cowboys will blow shit up in the offseason? It is clear the Eagles are going to. Reid and Vick will both be gone for sure. Depending on where they draft I could see the Eagles try to trade up and draft Smith. I know Lurie is a huge believer in you have to have a top QB to win.

there's no luck or rg3 savoir type QB in this draft. best play foles and fix other stuff, then get QB

Fucking crap man.

Would I surprise you guys if I said I have chronic high blood pressure?

The D is going to get all the blame but the offense was terrible today. They did absolutely nothing with amazing field position. The D was on the field all game.

Oh well, commanding lead in the NFCE.

this. If Eli gets a couple more TDs instead of FGs then this would've been out of reach

cashman said:
NFC East football games are basically two dipshits pissing on each others legs.
Except one team has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. Regular season means shit outside of being an gateway to the playoffs where the stuff that actually matters happens. People put way too much into style points. Wins are wins. Get enough and you're in the tournament where anything can happen.

Mindlog

Still cleaning myself up after that last, Romo.
Clear out of the end zone.
Instant classic.

It's nice to have a good laugh.

Rorschach

I can't disagree. The defense was all over things early in the game and frankly I put the game being that close more on the offense than the D. Yes, the defense did not play amazingly well but they still generated turnovers and the offense not punching in TD's is a big big reason why things went the way they did. They score on 2 of those 5 GF's and it's not even a game.

Crazy how a few inches equals a win or loss. Dez holds on to the ball and doesn't try to break his fall and the Cowboys win.

GG Cowboys fans. It's never an easy match-up (despite the fact that it should have been early on).

How you guys liking Stevie Brown? I liked him and thought it sucked that we cut him when there were others more deserving of the slash. :/

Godslay

Banned
Except one team has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years. Regular season means shit outside of being an gateway to the playoffs where the stuff that actually matters happens. People put way too much into style points. Wins are wins. Get enough and you're in the tournament where anything can happen.

That's the formula.

Rorschach said:
How you guys liking Stevie Brown? I liked him and thought it sucked that we cut him when there were others more deserving of the slash. :/
I'm really stunned by him. The secondary isn't great to begin with and when Phillips went down, I thought we would be at CC Brown levels of shit but he's come off the bench and played his ass off. Rolle likes to call himself a ball hawk but thus far Stevie has been the one living up to that name.

there's no luck or rg3 savoir type QB in this draft. best play foles and fix other stuff, then get QB

Eagles are going to be terrible if the go to Foles. People are crazy cause he made throws to the 1st team WRs against grocery baggers. The little bit I saw of him in college he was constantly throwing pass to guys that were double covered. I have 0 fucking faith in him turning out good. Its sad because I think they have a lot of pieces in place but they are going to blow it all up and totally start over again. Redskins are going to have a strangle hold on this division once they get a D and some WRs. This is the worst I have felt about football. since Ray Rhodes last year.

Edit: If I could have any player in the league on my team it would be Luck. I am so pissed the Colts got him after Manning. Shit is so unfair.

cashman

Banned

you are the yankeehater of the giants.

Striker

Giants were up 23-nothing.
Plenty wrong today. Romo and Co. gifted them turnovers, but they kept converting them into FG's. The 2nd and 3rd quarters were just Cowboys running WIDE open, it amazes me so many vets can lapse so much in coverage. Boley was getting beat all day, and Rolle was Capt. Fuckin' Invisible again. The DT's, JPP, and Stevie Brown were great but everybody else were fairly bad.

The WR's weren't able to get separation and Bradshaw chugged too much. They need to start feeding Andre Brown. Three carries? Needs to be at least 9-10. Bennett had an awful game, and they boxed Cruz pretty well. Nicks is still recovering on his bad foot. They needed somebody else to step up but no one did. Dallas has done a great job in press coverage against them this year.

Thankfully that win puts them up 2 and a half games above DAL/PHI. Tough games upcoming but they're winnable.

cashman said:
blind optimism
If you believe that.:jnc

I'm sorry I'm not cutting my wrist like you Cowboys fans but sorry chief, I know how badly my team can play and how quickly that can change for ANY team. Not just the Giants. You'll find no one who's harder on the Giants than me in this thread.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I know this stupid frankenstorm is going to miss me and I'll just get lots of rain.

If it were up to me I'd have the power at my work go out all week. :D

blind optimism

Man you are so ridiculous. I am pretty sure you were optimistic about the Rangers even after all their horrible fucking chokes, even when everyone was saying they were dead this year. No way should a Cowboys fan be saying a Giants fan is blindly optimistic. FV is 100% that the blueprint for success in the NFL is make the playoffs and get hot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I actually think that Giants fans are a reasonable lot, outside of Nemesis121 who is too pessimistic. We're all pretty much realists especially after multiple 5-2 starts only to see collapses.

Plenty wrong today. Romo and Co. gifted them turnovers, but they kept converting them into FG's. The 2nd and 3rd quarters were just Cowboys running WIDE open, it amazes me so many vets can lapse so much in coverage. Boley was getting beat all day, and Rolle was Capt. Fuckin' Invisible again. The DT's, JPP, and Stevie Brown were great but everybody else were fairly bad.

The WR's weren't able to get separation and Bradshaw chugged too much. They need to start feeding Andre Brown. Three carries? Needs to be at least 9-10. Bennett had an awful game, and they boxed Cruz pretty well. Nicks is still recovering on his bad foot. They needed somebody else to step up but no one did. Dallas has done a great job in press coverage against them this year.

Thankfully that win puts them up 2 and a half games above DAL/PHI. Tough games upcoming but they're winnable.

Like I said, no one goes to sleep like the G-Men. A bad game from your quarterback is one thing (but let's face it, that's only in comparison to Eli's previous performances; 23 points is still 23 points, and unanswered no less) but letting the Cowboys back in is another thing entirely.

squicken

Eagles are going to be terrible if the go to Foles. People are crazy cause he made throws to the 1st team WRs against grocery baggers. The little bit I saw of him in college he was constantly throwing pass to guys that were double covered. I have 0 fucking faith in him turning out good. Its sad because I think they have a lot of pieces in place but they are going to blow it all up and totally start over again. Redskins are going to have a strangle hold on this division once they get a D and some WRs. This is the worst I have felt about football. since Ray Rhodes last year.

Edit: If I could have any player in the league on my team it would be Luck. I am so pissed the Colts got him after Manning. Shit is so unfair.

There will be Colts fans who only know 25 years of elite QB play. It's absurd how random and lame it is. As far as the Skins, I wouldn't presume too much. It's not like they've shown an acumen in getting the pieces they lack. Brady, Manning and Rodgers all stepped into situations with lots of talent. It's harder to get the elite QB talent, but you need to have pieces in place or the young QB is much more likely to fail. Eagles need to purge the old players and get solid at the OL before going for the franchise QB

Top Bottom