• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Wellington said:
I actually think that Giants fans are a reasonable lot, outside of Nemesis121 who is too pessimistic. We're all pretty much realists especially after multiple 5-2 starts only to see collapses.
No Giants fan here has crowed about the Giants being the best of anything. We're as flawed as every other fucking team out there. As proven today and last week in Washington. We made the plays we needed to, but we could have easily lost both games.

DMczaf

I actually think that Giants fans are a reasonable lot, outside of Nemesis121 who is too pessimistic. We're all pretty much realists especially after multiple 5-2 starts only to see collapses.

Bullshit, you guys are all a bunch of Eeyores who claim the world is against them even after winning 2 fucking Super Bowls.

proxy_2.jpg

Good lord.
Smh this joke has already been used for the Browns multiple times. Phonys

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bullshit, you guys are all a bunch of Eeyores who claim the world is against them even after winning 2 fucking Super Bowls.

Giants are the best team in the NFC right now. Sure the whole NFL sucks but it's best to be at the top of the crap pile right?

There will be Colts fans who only know 25 years of elite QB play. It's absurd how random and lame it is. As far as the Skins, I wouldn't presume too much. It's not like they've shown an acumen in getting the pieces they lack. Brady, Manning and Rodgers all stepped into situations with lots of talent. It's harder to get the elite QB talent, but you need to have pieces in place or the young QB is much more likely to fail. Eagles need to purge the old players and get solid at the OL before going for the franchise QB

Luck's production is going to be capped by Arian's offense. He'll still put up good numbers, but he's going to be unnecessarily scrambling for his life every week.

Also, Peyton had some of the pressure taken off of him in his first few seasons with the running game. Unless the Colts get a beast running back (which they sure as hell don't have now) don't count on that running game long term.

There will be Colts fans who only know 25 years of elite QB play. It's absurd how random and lame it is. As far as the Skins, I wouldn't presume too much. It's not like they've shown an acumen in getting the pieces they lack. Brady, Manning and Rodgers all stepped into situations with lots of talent. It's harder to get the elite QB talent, but you need to have pieces in place or the young QB is much more likely to fail. Eagles need to purge the old players and get solid at the OL before going for the franchise QB

The OL is the main reason I dont want to see Foles go in. Even though I dont think he will work out, I have no way to be sure. Putting him out there with this line is a recipe for disaster. Eagles lead the league by a big amount in running plays for 0 or negative yards, and that is with Shady almost always making the first guy miss. The center cant block anyone and so the guards are always trying to help him out and so the tackles are always on islands by them selves. I have been watching football for a long time and I have never seen the Eagles have an OL this bad. They ruin almost all plays. Everything was 3 step drops from Vick today since they cant block for him. DC's arnt stupid they figure that shit out quick and then they take away the short stuff and the Eagles cant move the ball.

The OL is the main reason I dont want to see Foles go in. Even though I dont think he will work out, I have no way to be sure. Putting him out there with this line is a recipe for disaster. Eagles lead the league by a big amount in running plays for 0 or negative yards, and that is with Shady almost always making the first guy miss. The center cant block anyone and so the guards are always trying to help him out and so the tackles are always on islands by them selves. I have been watching football for a long time and I have never seen the Eagles have an OL this bad. They ruin almost all plays. Everything was 3 step drops from Vick today since they cant block for him. DC's arnt stupid they figure that shit out quick and then they take away the short stuff and the Eagles cant move the ball.

First The Phillies and now The Eagles, next is The Sixers. : )

Tabris

No Giants fan here has crowed about the Giants being the best of anything. We're as flawed as every other fucking team out there. As proven today and last week in Washington. We made the plays we needed to, but we could have easily lost both games.

NYG are the best team in the NFC and will meet the best team of the AFC, the Broncos, in the Superbowl (Super Manningbowl).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Giants with a 2.5 game lead in the division AND no other division team has played any other aside from the Giants. They will cannibalize each other.

Amazing.

squicken

Luck's production is going to be capped by Arian's offense. He'll still put up good numbers, but he's going to be unnecessarily scrambling for his life every week.

Also, Peyton had some of the pressure taken off of him in his first few seasons with the running game. Unless the Colts get a beast running back (which they sure as hell don't have now) don't count on that running game long term.

Colts ran 30+ times today. Finally Luck was under 40 attempts. I hope Arians got a lecture from the owner or GM about what he was doing, b/c he definitely made it a point to run the ball today. and Luck is still making mistakes. But he's already got them in playoff contention. The defense is bad but it's the AFCS and a last place schedule so who knows? WC picture in AFC is sad

squicken

Offensive line play is down across the board. Until colleges start running more pro set, or pros go spread, it will stay bad. Can't remember who said it, but you have lineman who go from HS to college w/o ever putting their hand on the ground

Levyne

Banned
The best team in the NFC is probably the Packers, though the Falcons should probably be allowed the title until they lose.

Top Bottom