• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Brinbe

WOOO FOLES-PRESENT!

And yes, the D is the bigger concern, no doubt, but Vick's inconsistency isn't helping. He just looked past it yesterday and there isn't much evidence that he'll improve or learn from his prior mistakes. No shame in going with Foles, let's see what he can do. I'm excited for that at least.

There's no saving this D though.

Greg

There better be a gif of a barrel roll touchdown in next week's thread.
My only problem right now is that I have more ideas than I do graphic skill and time, but I must say it's coming along quite well.

I don't know how Bucket does it every week.

bionic77

Totally would trade Flacco for Vick.

Make it happen, Ozzie.
He panics even worse than Flacco under pressure. Though Vick and Rice would be an ungodly running combo. That would be really hard to stop.

Vick is only going to succeed with a really good running back and a great offensive coordinator who is going to put him in position to succeed.

He panics even worse than Flacco under pressure. Though Vick and Rice would be an ungodly running combo. That would be really hard to stop.

Vick is only going to succeed with a really good running back and a great offensive coordinator who is going to put him in position to succeed.

Then he'd be fucked in Baltimore.

effzee

You must be really happy since you are finally going to get your wish.

Which is what? I want to win a SB and hell I'd gladly eat crow if Reid ever proved me wrong. But if this team is as terrible as they have looked and played the last three weeks then good riddance.

So Jason Babin only played 33 of 75 snaps for the Eagles yesterday. Maybe Todd Bowles realized that much like Osi, he's a situational pass rusher at best. Didn't help the Eagles defense much either way yesterday but thought it was interesting.

He was playing less and less even under Juan.

I have no idea what is going on with the DLINE. Not a single player is showing any spark or the level of play they did last season. From Trent Cole, Jenkins, Landri, the rookies, to Babin.

It is utterly baffling watching the whole line just get pushed around. Its almost as if no one on this team cares or wants to play.

ChanHuk

Banned
So what's with the drop in nnamdi's play since coming to the eagles? Makes me glad to see that the texans went with the Jonathan Joseph + Manning combo over him.

Makes me sad. Nnamdi is one of my favorite players in the league. Straight up classy guy. His problem is that he hit the 30 year old wall hard. His style is to be physical. He's not fast, that was always his knock and the reason why he was a FS in college. He was also horrid his first couple seasons then he turned into one of the best cover CB in the league. It might be time for him to pull a Woodson and turn into a wolverine type of DB switching from CB and FS depending on situation. Hell. If the Eagles cut him next season I'd welcome him back to Oakland with arms wide open (granted with a cap friendly deal). He also does something most CBs don't like to do, tackle.

Brinbe

Which is what? I want to win a SB and hell I'd gladly eat crow if Reid ever proved me wrong. But if this team is as terrible as they have looked and played the last three weeks then good riddance.

He was playing less and less even under Juan.

I have no idea what is going on with the DLINE. Not a single player is showing any spark or the level of play they did last season. From Trent Cole, Jenkins, Landri, the rookies, to Babin.

It is utterly baffling watching the whole line just get pushed around. Its almost as if no one on this team cares or wants to play.

From the stories that I've read, that's exactly what happened.
http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/29/anonymous-eagles-player-no-energy-no-passion/

Plenty of Eagles players went on the record after Sunday’s game, voicing their frustration and displeasure with the team’s performance against the Falcons.

Tim included thoughts from LeSean McCoy and Cullen Jenkins in the Wake-Up Call (definitely worth a read). And Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie voiced their opinions as well.

But one defensive player chose to speak anonymously to Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports:

“We didn’t have no passion and you have to have passion in this game,” the player said. “You have to want to throw everything you are out on that field on every play. You have to feel like you’re playing with your teammates and for the fans and your coaches. Nothing, nada. No energy, no passion.”

He continued:

“The media was getting on [Castillo] because he didn’t make adjustments in the fourth quarter, but what’s the difference now? We can’t stop them in the first quarter.”

Again, it’s not so much what the player said, although clearly he’s frustrated with the guys he’s playing with. But it’s just another sign that the season is falling apart and the team is fractured.

Seven games in, it’s tough to see it any other way.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
FINAL SCORE : DET 28 SEA 24

SUCK IT NFL GAF

titusgod_medium.gif

eznark

Banned
I had high hopes for this Windows Phone 8 conference.

holy shit it's bleak. It's like a leper colony. The six people in the thread are cheering about Facebook updates and Urban Spoon.

sigh, fucking Apple. I want something differentttttttttt

Trade deadline is going to be pushed back thanks to Sandy:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Due to storm, NFL likely to push back Tuesday's 4 pm trade deadline. League now working through details.

The Titans Jared Cook requests a trade:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/report-jared-cook-requests-trade/

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that “indications” are Titans tight end Jared Cook has requested a trade away from the team. Cook is making $615,000 in the final year of the deal he signed after being drafted with the 89th pick of the 2009 draft.

Wyatt points out that Cook has played on less than 50 percent of the team’s snaps in four of the Titans’ eight games this season. He’s also been an infrequent target in the passing game, although he was in position to make a game-winning catch in the final moments of regulation in Sunday’s overtime loss to the Colts. Matt Hasselbeck overthrew Cook, though, and the Colts won the game on their first possession of the extra period.

No shame in going with Foles, let's see what he can do. I'm excited for that at least.

If Reid believes his job is at the breaking point, then yes, playing Foles makes sense as his home-run chance. The Saints are the perfect chance (maybe the only chance?) on the schedule for a rookie QB to magically put up 400+ yards of offense in his first start, and if the Eagles destroy the Saints as a result, it's "Foles-Future" and Reid saves his job.

The alarming, "why make this move?" part is that the Eagles are still in relatively good shape thanks to their early-season wins. They're 3-4, and Vick has a very good chance of putting up huge numbers against the Saints. If Reid believes the playoffs is a better route to keeping his job than exploring Foles as a QB, this is a huge mistake and the Saints will probably make him pay.

FBO Today said:
"Forget about fixing problems, this team can't even diagnose them properly. That's why a quarterback change won't fix anything, and neither will the dismissal of assistant coaches. There's only one man overseeing everything in Philadelphia, and after 14 mostly successful seasons, it appears he has lost his touch. If Vick is going to lose his job, then Reid deserves to lose his, too."

This is basically on the money. If I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't be asking for a new QB. I'd be asking for a coach, because no matter what Foles does next week the underlying problem is still there.

bionic77

holy shit it's bleak. It's like a leper colony. The six people in the thread are cheering about Facebook updates and Urban Spoon.

If you want different get a Blackberry!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My only problem right now is that I have more ideas than I do graphic skill and time, but I must say it's coming along quite well.

I don't know how Bucket does it every week.

It's not a photoshopping contest.

Here, I'll do it for you.

NFL WEEK 9 OT
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
schedule
maps

Boom. Done.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's not a photoshopping contest.

Here, I'll do it for you.

NFL WEEK 9 OT
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
gif
schedule
maps

Boom. Done.

He also has to add in something about the Browns winning. It must happen!

GREG DO THIS! DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU!

If Reid believes his job is at the breaking point, then yes, playing Foles makes sense as his home-run chance. The Saints are the perfect chance (maybe the only chance?) on the schedule for a rookie QB to magically put up 400+ yards of offense in his first start, and if the Eagles destroy the Saints as a result, it's "Foles-Future" and Reid saves his job.

The alarming, "why make this move?" part is that the Eagles are still in relatively good shape thanks to their early-season wins. They're 3-4, and Vick has a very good chance of putting up huge numbers against the Saints. If Reid believes the playoffs is a better route to keeping his job than exploring Foles as a QB, this is a huge mistake and the Saints will probably make him pay.

This is basically on the money. If I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't be asking for a new QB. I'd be asking for a coach, because no matter what Foles does next week the underlying problem is still there.

The secret of this season is that aside from the turnovers Vick is doing quite well. He has good production with that offense. Is that offense something that Reid thinks he can replicate with Foles at QB? They're playing the Saints, so I think the answer for next week is a good "probably" but will that suffice long term?

With Vick you have to win. With Foles you have to prove you made a good decidion taking Vick out AND win. If Foles loses two games, is benched and Vick comes back and the Iggles are barely eliminated from the playoffs? Ha.

Mrbob

Currently the thread is just people crying that they haven't announced an Instagram app. What the fuck, is Windows Phone really this bleak?

MS got lucky with Xbox 360. If it weren't for the Windows business monopoly they would be in dire straights and they are fucking that up with windows 8.

I think Google will eventually figure everything out with Android and you'll have your ios competitor.

bionic77

Currently the thread is just people crying that they haven't announced an Instagram app. What the fuck, is Windows Phone really this bleak?
It is years late to the party dude. They have no marketshare. Why would anyone support it?

It is going to take them at least 2 more years to catch up to where Apple and Google are now (assuming they throw a ton of money at it). Unless you really want to support the platform I would hold out at least another year and see how things stand at this time next year.

Either get an iPhone5 or wait for the next Nexus, which comes out in a few more weeks/months. It is what it is.

bionic77

MS got lucky with Xbox 360. If it weren't for the Windows business monopoly they would be in dire straights and they are fucking that up with windows 8.

I think Google will eventually figure everything out with Android and you'll have your ios competitor.
Google already figured it out. The new OS is very good.

I really don't see a huge difference between Nexus and iPhone anymore (I am not a fan of the other Google phones which are fucked up by 3rd party software). And I don't see a lot of innovation from either side anymore. Now it is just preference on OS features, apps, and hardware.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

The front page of engadget says that Windows Phone is getting a Pandora app! Wow, it really is the future.

Mrbob

I like the interface and I wanted to monkey with something new. Windows Phone is fucking light years behind the other guys in terms of app support.

You don't know that! You can't know that!

If you want to mess with Metro go pick up Windows 8.

Pro Tip: It's trash.

Windows 8 desktop is fine after you buy the 5 dollar fix of START8 from Stardock.

Google already figured it out. The new OS is very good.

I really don't see a huge difference between Nexus and iPhone anymore (I am not a fan of the other Google phones which are fucked up by 3rd party software). And I don't see a lot of innovation from either side anymore. Now it is just preference on OS features, apps, and hardware.

Yeah, good point. I just wish Google would clean up their Google Play store.

eznark

Banned
You should feel bad for using Siri. Homeless guy won.

If you want to mess with Metro go pick up Windows 8.

Pro Tip: It's trash.

Windows 8 desktop is fine after you buy the 5 dollar fix of START8 from Stardock.

Yeah, good point. I just wish Google would clean up their Google Play store.

Nah, but it might be cool on a phone.

How is Windows 8 in terms of performance?

EDIT: Sorry if I missed it Falcons fans but did one of you give me my avatar for the week?

BTW great game by the Falcons. I expected the Eagles to lose but I didn't expect such destruction of the Eagles by the hands of the Falcons. Don't know how it translates to the playoffs but for now you guys played like the best team in the league.

I've got one prepared, I'll get it to you sometime this afternoon/evening.

effzee

Makes me sad. Nnamdi is one of my favorite players in the league. Straight up classy guy. His problem is that he hit the 30 year old wall hard. His style is to be physical. He's not fast, that was always his knock and the reason why he was a FS in college. He was also horrid his first couple seasons then he turned into one of the best cover CB in the league. It might be time for him to pull a Woodson and turn into a wolverine type of DB switching from CB and FS depending on situation. Hell. If the Eagles cut him next season I'd welcome him back to Oakland with arms wide open (granted with a cap friendly deal). He also does something most CBs don't like to do, tackle.

I am not as down on Nnamdi as most. Yes he gave up a big TD but honestly the whole D is playing terrible for the past three weeks.

DRC was no better. That first drive through penalties and blown coverage he allowed the TD.

Nnamdi gave up another. But even the best CBs give up TDs and it was to Julio Jones. Problem is when the CBs played well, Gonzalez toasted rookie LB Kendricks. When they covered all the guys well, Ryan found someone else. They called quick WR screens, ran the ball, and kept the D off their heels the whole game. Nnamdi didn't play his best game but of all the units on D, the secondary has been the best so far.

The CBs can't also hold forever when the DLINE gets absolutely zero pressure. Yesterday they recorded two sacks but both were when the game was out of hand and on plays where the coverage forced Ryan to hold onto the ball longer than he wanted to. Other than that Mat Ryan never had any pressure in his face. He was never hurried and hell he even took off a couple of times for big gains by running.

Where is Babin? Cole? Jenkins? Cox? How come we are getting less pressure now even though we actually two credible LBs? For them to come out after the bye week so lifeless is very telling. And to me its extremely frustrating when there are so many problems on this team that every idiot fan's reaction is to always just start the back up QB! YEAH THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thats cool. Blackberrys and burning garbage for energy is Cleveland version of high tech!

I'm from Canada dammit!

Oddly enough though I think Canadians were (probably not anymore) some of the highest percentage of blackberry users per country. We've finally realized how shitty it is. I am very close to finally giving up on this piece of shit.

this guy was showing me his blackberry once. i made fun of him and was showing off siri and gloating while scrolling the appstore

turned out the guy was homeless. i felt bad

I honestly can't even think of a single thing that this blackberry has that makes me feel glad that I kept it. BBM used to be the big thing but with a lot of my friends switching over I've realized text messages are the exact same shit.

Dragon

Banned
I'm from Canada dammit!

Oddly enough though I think Canadians were (probably not anymore) some of the highest percentage of blackberry users per country. We've finally realized how shitty it is. I am very close to finally giving up on this piece of shit.

Well Research In Motion is a Canadian company right? Someone has to support them, might as well be Canadians!

effzee said:
And to me its extremely frustrating when there are so many problems on this team that every idiot fan's reaction is to always just start the back up QB! YEAH THAT WILL FIX EVERYTHING!
Fans just want change. Most aren't rational in what to change and the QB is the most effective target because for better or worse - Vick is the face of the franchise right now. I think it was said pretty clearly a page or two back - this could very well be the end of the Andy Reid era in Philly and what you're seeing is desperation...

Mrbob

Nah, but it might be cool on a phone.

How is Windows 8 in terms of performance?

It's fine. Feels just like Windows 7 in terms of performance, speaking about the desktop. Metro is fine performance wise too, but using it with a mouse isn't that intuitive. Also Metro has a strange way of handling programs. You can't officially close out a program in Metro. The program gets suspended and stays in memory until you need memory for another program. I don't think there is a way to prioritize what programs you want to keep suspended either. Metro gets rid of programs from old to new.

Top Bottom