• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 8 |OT| Take A Chill Pill

Greg

Shit, I actually didn't expect you to respond. There must be quite the line forming behind you at the community computer in the Detroit Public Library.
:jnc

I love waking up to this.

A simple, effective breakdown of the Giants defense in the last drive for the Cowboys. Talks about strategy and some of the coverages. It specifically talks about Witten's routes which I mentioned yesterday a few time. He kept running the same out over and over again and the Giants defense couldn't pick it up until the last few plays. Decent read.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/40111566/

giants_story_943ess7s_88yj6d95.jpg
quoting for the new page

Good breakdown and yet it's interesting how more often than not the defense acted as if they'd never seen Miles Austin or Jason Witten before.

Howard Eskin is reporting Michael Vick has been/likely to be benched. Nick Foles will start the next game for the Eagles. More to come.

Howard Eskin @howardeskin

#eagles Andy Reid met with coaches after game on sunday to discuss QB situation. Meet again Mon Morn. I'm told likely QB change to Foles.

I'm told Vick made 2 bad audible mistakes on calls and has same problems each wk. Reid leaning 2 change at QB bcause Vick not getting better

More on Vick and change coming up on #fox29 in minutes

Giants and Cruz are in the middle of contract talks and they seem to be progressing. From the beat writers:

Here is what Giants WR Victor Cruz told me: "I was excited to hear this weekend that contract talks are moving in the right direction. I heard there was some progress on the structure."

Cruz told me that he is still hopeful about getting a longer-term deal. Cruz said his first priority is to remain a Giant for many years.

squicken

Will be interesting to see. It's not like teams bring in rookies b/c they want more ball security, but that's almost what they are doing. Vick had to be put down, though. As punishment for all the losing.

Who was the guy stating over and over that it's not Vick's fault? :jncccccccccc

TAKE THAT IGGLES FANS

Take what? It hasnt been Vick fault but the fans want a change and Reid has decided to give them what they want. Foles will have much less success then Vick did. No quarterback in the NFL could be successful with this OL. Foles will be running for his life every play, but unlike Vick he is really slow. I understand that there is no chance of this team winning so Lurie and Roseman want to see what they have going into next year but they are definitely setting Foles up to fail.

yankeehater said:
It hasnt been Vick fault
Then who was turning the ball over? The Eagles as a team are a mess right now and plenty of blame deserves to get spread around. It's certainly not one man (Vick or Castillo). However, you can't omit Vick from that equation. Some of the issues are absolutely on him.

Then who was turning the ball over? The Eagles as a team are a mess and plenty of blame deserves to get spread around. It's certainly not one man (Vick of Castillo). However, you can't omit Vick from that equation. Some of the issues are absolutely on him.

Vick had 0 turnovers yesterday. The offense is totally broken and bringing in a rookie isnt going to fix it. Teams play like 7 yards off the WRs with both safties deep. They know the Eagles cant run and cant block at all. Both TDs drives were long double digit play drives, but you cant do that every drives. Unitl they find away to either open holes for the RBs or give Vick more then 1 second they wont be able to score consistently. The turnovers are a minor thing compared to the OL.

beast786

Vick had 0 turnovers yesterday. The offense is totally broken and bringing in a rookie isnt going to fix it. Teams play like 7 yards off the WRs with both safties deep. They know the Eagles cant run and cant block at all. Both TDs drives were long double digit play drives, but you cant do that every drives. Unitl they find away to either open holes for the RBs or give Vick more then 1 second they wont be able to score consistently. The turnovers are a minor thing compared to the OL.

Watching them play I agree , OL is bar far the biggest issue.

yankeehater said:
Vick had 0 turnovers yesterday.
You're missing the underlying point by focusing one turnover free game. What about the other 13 turnovers? The turnovers have been a big issue for your offense. Vick shares partial blame for those. Yes, the offensive line is a mess (no argument there!) but a good bit of those turnovers have been interceptions on exceptionally poor throws and fumbles in the red zone. I have to believe there is a reasonable part of your brain that acknowledges that he shares part of the blame for the offense being "broken".

I wanted to add, I agree with you on Foles being inserted. I don't think it will fix anything either but Andy is grasping at straws to keep his job at this point. Just like firing Castillo wasn't going to fix your defense....

Our only hope on D is that the injured players get healthier at the end of the season (even though this never really ever happens in football) and the younger players continue to improve.

Really we need the offense to carry us. Right now we can't rely on the defense.

I am worried what Eli is going to do to us next week...

Giant game is probably the toughest left on the schedule, that is if the Ravens truly are in freefall mode on D. So I think the Steelers will be amped up, least I hope so. Going to be hard to win, but no doubt will be a close one. Should be the best game of the weekend.

You're missing the underlying point by focusing one turnover free game. What about the other 13? The turnovers have been a big issue for your offense. Vick shares partial blame for those. Yes, the offensive line is a mess (no argument there!) but a good bit of those turnovers have been interceptions on exceptionally poor throws and fumbles in the red zone. I have to believe there is a reasonable part of your brain that acknowledges that he shares part of the blame for the offense being "broken".

I agree he shares part of the blame but it is silly to worry about the TOs when they cant block anyone.

Edit: Juan was let go because he called the same 3 defenses all the time. He was just so conservative that it was hurting the team.

squicken

I agree he shares part of the blame but it is silly to worry about the TOs when they cant block anyone.

Mike Vick isn't going to be on the team next year. You aren't making the playoffs. Now is the time to see what Foles has. If he isn't ready you can always put Vick back in, but I think it's going to be a really rough second half of the season.

Florio had a post about Nnamdi never having cared once he got that contract. The daggers are out and people are trying to save their jobs. I watched that with both Capers in HOU and Spags in STL. Old teams circling the drain are torture for fans

eznark

Banned
beats the library in Minnesota

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/iofoto/iofoto0711/iofoto071102816/2144828-fish-house-on-frozen-lake-green-in-minnesota.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

[quote="beast786, post: 43733469"]You like to suck his dick . We get it.[/QUOTE]

There are drugs for impotence now, beast

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Vick benched? My buddy is not going to like this.

I look forward to this insane rant he is sure to give me about "the Eagles don't want to win" "it's everyone but Vick's fault" "Vick is top 3 QB in the league".

Mike Vick isn't going to be on the team next year. You aren't making the playoffs. Now is the time to see what Foles has. If he isn't ready you can always put Vick back in, but I think it's going to be a really rough second half of the season.

Florio had a post about Nnamdi never having cared once he got that contract. The daggers are out and people are trying to save their jobs. I watched that with both Capers in HOU and Spags in STL. Old teams circling the drain are torture for fans

Nnamdi just tries to out physical everyone. It is really weird to watch. If he cant jam a guy at the line then he gets blown past. He cant run with anyone, not sure why he is so slow. I really dont know what you are going to learn about Foles this year. Eagles are actually one of the youngest teams in the NFL though.

Smokey

So what's with the drop in nnamdi's play since coming to the eagles? Makes me glad to see that the texans went with the Jonathan Joseph + Manning combo over him.

Nori Chan

Vick benched? My buddy is not going to like this.

I look forward to this insane rant he is sure to give me about "the Eagles don't want to win" "it's everyone but Vick's fault" "Vick is top 3 QB in the league".

hey you troll did you say my name at all yesterday :mad:

Reid's finished in Philly. We're just watching the death throes.

Giant game is probably the toughest left on the schedule, that is if the Ravens truly are in freefall mode on D. So I think the Steelers will be amped up, least I hope so. Going to be hard to win, but no doubt will be a close one. Should be the best game of the weekend.

I think that game depends completely on who we're gonna have at safety. Will Allen is serviceable, but Mundy ain't gonna cut it. It would be nice if Troy managed to heal up for this game.

bionic77

Is your buddy Yankeehater?
You are in our way Wellington. You and your coach who pretends to be in the military and your 31 year old virgin qb who faints at the mere sight of exposed bosoms. They are in our way and are about to meet a 4-3 buzzsaw!

Oh and be safe Northeast bros. We all give shit to sconis for not having reliable access to heat, electricity or dental care. Well we cannot laugh at them any longer because there is a good chance we are going to be without 2 of those 3 in the next few days. For awhile at least we are all sconis.

LiveWire

While I like RGIII and think he might be great if he gets a good team around him, LiveWire learned the hard the way that the Prince of Chocolate City doesn't mean shit when you come to Steelers Nation!

:lol @ NFC dominance. They suck just as much as us.

We are going old school Roethlisberger for your avatar LiveWire.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/bionic77/ben.jpg

He already is great. Anyone who can even win one game with this trash on defense and offense should be unstoppable with some actual skill surrounding him.

bionic77

I agree that the Giants are the toughest one left. Now that we got the tough games to Oakland and Tennessee out of the way it is all downhill from here on out!

bionic77

He already is great. Anyone who can even win one game with this trash on defense and offense should be unstoppable with some actual skill surrounding him.
Never judge players on their rookie season. The only guy I successfully judged based upon a few games was Ben. But he is an anomaly and he benefited from some luck on the way as well.

Just glad the the Lions took this game cause we have Jacksonville this week and we win that and we're at .500 then we have tough games against Minnesota and Green Bay. Nice to see our offense wake up too I just hope the Delmas injury isn't serious though.

effzee

You're missing the underlying point by focusing one turnover free game. What about the other 13 turnovers? The turnovers have been a big issue for your offense. Vick shares partial blame for those. Yes, the offensive line is a mess (no argument there!) but a good bit of those turnovers have been interceptions on exceptionally poor throws and fumbles in the red zone. I have to believe there is a reasonable part of your brain that acknowledges that he shares part of the blame for the offense being "broken".

I wanted to add, I agree with you on Foles being inserted. I don't think it will fix anything either but Andy is grasping at straws to keep his job at this point. Just like firing Castillo wasn't going to fix your defense....

Vick shares ton of the blame but I don't see how or why this change is warranted now.

Reid is supposed be trying to win now to save his job. How is inserting Foles going to make a difference? Vick didn't turn the ball over and he had a few bad throws but other than the offense was what is has been. Little to no running game either by choice or due to poor OLINE play. Defenses playing way off the WRs because they are pretty much one trick ponies who can only run deep. The oline can't even block that long to let anything develop.

If anything yesterday the D, which some people were claiming wasn't that bad, really truly showed how bad it is. The Falcons scored 3 TDs on their first three drives and then 3 FGs on the next three. These weren't set up off of turnovers. Just a result of a terrible defense.

And to me the defensive problems are far more troubling. The DLINE was the strength last year and they loaded up even more by drafting a bunch of high prospect DTs and DEs. They traded for DeMeco Ryans at MLB. They let go of Asante because he never followed plays. Everything was supposed to be improved expect now our highly touted DLine can't get any pressure or sacks. They force 0 turnovers.

No part of the team is helping the each other. Special teams sucks, D allowed two back to back fourth quarter comebacks and then let Atlanta walk over them all game, offense can't manage to score more than 14-16 points per game, the coaching has been horrendous and LOL now they want to change QBs because he didn't audible into the right play two times?

I know I still wrote a lot but honestly not even angry anymore. I left the game yesterday in the 3rd quarter because it was cold raining and the team was showing no heart. Plus wanted to be beat the traffic back to NYC in this weather. No anger anymore. This team is a complete joke and its about a get a lot funnier if they bench Vick. This might sound like a long defense of Vick but truthfully he has played horrible at times but in all their wins and even in their losses he has brought the offense back to rally for leads.

The only truly horrible game he was against Arizona. In the losses to Detroit and Pittsburgh the offense regained the lead in the fourth. In the wins against the Ravens, Giants, and Browns Vick had comeback TD drives to win. And now you want to bench him for a rookie QB in a season where not playing the playoffs is going to get your fired? Good luck Reid and good riddance you fat piece of shit.

EDIT: Sorry if I missed it Falcons fans but did one of you give me my avatar for the week?

BTW great game by the Falcons. I expected the Eagles to lose but I didn't expect such destruction of the Eagles by the hands of the Falcons. Don't know how it translates to the playoffs but for now you guys played like the best team in the league.

Top Bottom