• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

Talon

That ranks up there as one of the silliest final drives I've ever seen. I mean is Les Miles coaching the Cowboys?

Brinbe

Reid and Garrett will both be coaching for their jobs next week. Should be a fun and hilarious game, as it always is.

I've got to be honest, I don't see Atlanta surviving against San Francisco or Chicago/Green Bay at this point if they go to post-season.

Kaladin

The next big challenge for the Falcons is Week 15 when they face The Giants....otherwise, they face teams who have a loosing record, except for the Bucs who are 4 - 4......but it's the Bucs so no problem.

cashman

Banned
This loss was nowhere near as painful as the Giants loss. Never once thought they would win after the first half. I'll take that.

Talon

Win pretty in Philadelphia. Win ugly at home.

We've almost exclusively looked better on the road this season for some reason. 8-0 is nice, but I'd like to see more consistency from us.

i took a gamble with a lot of upsets this week and it worked out great in the early games! not so well in the late games.... missed on the vikings, cowboys and raiders :(

Talon

Matt threw for 342 yet no TDs. That won't ever happen again.

On the road against a vulnerable New Orleans defense next week. Divisional game so you never know what will happen. I actually expect us to lose to Tampa at least once this season. We always play ugly with them.

Kiryu

i took a gamble with a lot of upsets this week and it worked out great in the early games! not so well in the late games.... missed on the vikings, cowboys and raiders :(
I knew. I always knew that you always want Seahawks to lose all long because they're in your division and they're second place! It's possible that we can catch up to 49ers for Division Crown...

Brinbe

Hmm, it looks like at least 5 of the 6 spots in the NFC are already locked up this early into the season... I think NYG/Chicago/Atlanta/SF/Green Bay are p. certain to make it, and the last spot is a battle between the Vikings/Seahawks/Lions/Bucs/Cards and perhaps Eagles depending on if they beat the Saints.

Pretty similar situation in the AFC with the Pats/Ravens/Houston/Broncos/Steelers looking like a good bet to make it. And the Colts/Dolphins/Chargers are in it for that last WC spot.

Lots can obviously change in regards to the WC spots, but there's already some separation between the good/bad teams out there. So much for parity.

squicken

oh Texans get to play another NFCN team to try and prove they are legit? good luck

Falcons looked good. I still feel like the regualr season doesn't matter for them. Or NE or PITT or GB or NYG or HOU. You know they'll get there, and home field doesn't matter anymore. Just be healthy and have a hot QB. It's the scrub teams that play for moral victories that the regular season is for

Bowser

shake.gif

gohelicopterdick.gif

Talon

I may end up eating my words but the tackles have really exceeded my expectations. Baker especially. Part of it is definitely Matt - he's always been great about getting rid of the ball, but we've held up against some good pass rushers all season. Surprised we didn't bracket Ware with Palmer consistently.

The Ware play was just a complete brain fart by the left side of the line.

Levyne

Banned
oh Texans get to play another NFCN team to try and prove they are legit? good luck

Falcons looked good. I still feel like the regualr season doesn't matter for them. Or NE or PITT or GB or NYG or HOU. You know they'll get there, and home field doesn't matter anymore. Just be healthy and have a hot QB. It's the scrub teams that play for moral victories that the regular season is for

Hey now. We need all the moral victories we can get.

The way the falcons play on the road they should just get to ten wins and lose the rest. Bizarro Falcons struggle at home and dominate on the road.

Drakeon

The way the falcons play on the road they should just get to ten wins and lose the rest. Bizarro Falcons struggle at home and dominate on the road.

Well this theory would work if they hadn't been on the road against the Giants last year in the playoffs and only scored 2 points. I mean, it's not like the year before is a lot better with the loss to green bay at home.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Current NFC PLayoff Picture:

1.) Atlanta Falcons 8-0
2.) Chicago Bears 7-1
3.) San Francisco 49ers 6-2
4.) New York Giants 6-3
5.) Green Bay Packers 6-3
6.) Seattle Seahawks 5-4
7.) Minnesota Vikings 5-4
8.) Detroit Lions 4-4

Still think Detroit will pull ahead of the Queens and Seahawks for that last wildcard spot. We're just more talented than either of those teams, and barring an injury to Stafford I think we get in.

Top Bottom