• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

That's one thing I have noticed about Cowboy fans over the years. It doesn't matter how bad they are, they continue to talk so much trash...

Funny, yet ironic.

That's why I got so tired of the Cowboys and their fans living in Texas. The team hasn't done anything in the past decade, yet they get this crown that subjects them to being the media harlot year in and year out.

Seanspeed

Banned
Go beat them then.

Would love to see it, but I dont see Falcons getting to the Superbowl, sorry.

I like them, its not bitterness or anything. I just think they're overrated. Their record is not indicative of their level, in my opinion. Good team, but very stoppable. Personally, I'm looking more at Green Bay and the Giants as the biggest Superbowl threats in the NFC.

Vesmir

Banned
Got back from filthy, ugly San Francisco to wonderful news of the Hawks showing the NFL world the real power of the Viketrike. Undefeated at home
and almost always defeated away
!

RBH

This gif should be a bannable offense, no exceptions.

falcons-play60-o.gif

LJ11

half a dozen coaches will probably be gone this off season. purge is needed, too many fools with the HC title, it's fucking pathetic that a pro team can run some of these guys out there.

RBH

bud-adams.jpg

The Chicago Bears met the NFL’s version of the Bad News Bears on Sunday at LP Field, and the result left Bud Adams anything but amused.

The Titans owner said he’s upset with the direction of his team in the wake of its 51-20 loss to the Bears, and he made it clear no one’s job is safe if things don’t improve.

“In my 50 years of owning an NFL franchise, I am at a loss to recall a regular season home game that was such a disappointment for myself, and fans of the Titans,’’ Adams told The Tennessean. “We were grossly outcoached and outplayed from start to finish today.

“At this time, all aspects of the organization will be closely evaluated, including front office, coaches and players over the next seven games. If performance and competitiveness does not improve, I will look at all alternatives to get back to having the Titans become a playoff and championship football team.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...ssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

LJ11

Draft Defensive players. Not WR's... Plain simple

they don't even play the young defensive guys though. remember against the bills, martin and klug sat on the bench while the bills gashed them on the ground. granted their lb situation isn't very good but you'd think they'd rotate those guys in. shit coach.

they don't even play the young defensive guys though. remember against the bills, martin and klugg sat on the bench while the bills gashed them on the ground. granted their lb situation isn't very good but you'd think they'd rotate those guys in. shit coach.

I still miss Fisher...:(

Seanspeed

Banned

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?

I hate the stupid ass internet sometimes, I swear. Typed it into Google and it wants to tell me about Japanese nostalgia cars. I feel like an old man yelling at clouds. But seriously, my Scrabble skills are falling to waste.

Levyne

Banned
I don't know the details and don't want to impart a telephoned version of the history, but it has to do with jakncoke, the seahawks, official gaf smileys :)lol), and maybe a ban.

Seda

You seem to be troubled by the English language.

I'll make it more specific:

GAF, what does ':jnc' mean? I'm just genuinely curious.

Jakncoke used the
KuGsj.gif
smilie A LOT. Then when smilies were removed, he continued to use it liberally, and was consequentially banned. :jakncoke was born in his honor as a replacement, quickly shortened to :jnc.

So basically it's an :lol smilie for NFLGAF, and sometimes leaks into the other sports threads.

Narag

I don't know the details and don't want to impart a telephoned version of the history, but it has to do with jakncoke, the seahawks, official gaf smileys :)lol), and maybe a ban.

Once upon a time we had an animated smiley invoked with :lol (
lol.gif
) and it was used by all much to the detriment of sensible discussion and so it was wrongfully taken from us. jakncoke was especially hit hard by this given over 15% of his posts at the time consisted of but a single :lol. He protested this and gave his life trying to restore it to its rightful place to no avail.

In remembrance we began using :jnc in lieu of :lol to remember our fallen comrade as we thought we'd never see him again. He returned to us last year in time to watch his mighty Seahawks (who were wronged in '05 and this we all agree upon) cast down the fraudulent Saints in the playoffs, embarassing them on national tv in the playoffs and helping to discredit their fluky SB win the year previous in the eyes of all good NFL fans.

And that is the story of :jnc
mnsXI.gif

edit: damn you seda

Seanspeed

Banned
Jakncoke used the
KuGsj.gif
smilie A LOT. Then when smilies were removed, he continued to use it liberally, and was consequentially banned. :jakncoke was born his honor as a replacement, quickly shortened to :jnc.

So basically it's an :lol smilie for NFLGAF, and sometimes leaks into the other sports threads.
Thanks man. I dont understand how it caught on, but ok. Either way, thanks for at least explaining it to me. I'm not sure what the fuck is wrong with people that they couldn't do that for me. I guess some people feel validated by their internet buddy-talk cuz they've got little else.

bluemax

Banned
Got back from filthy, ugly San Francisco to wonderful news of the Hawks showing the NFL world the real power of the Viketrike. Undefeated at home
and almost always defeated away
!

Currently holding the #6 spot in the NFC. Got the Jets at the Clink next week followed by our bye week.

All our division games are at the Clink in the second half. 9-7 seems pretty possible!

Nori Chan

Thanks man. I dont understand how it caught on, but ok. Either way, thanks for at least explaining it to me. I'm not sure what the fuck is wrong with people that they couldn't do that for me. I guess some people feel validated by their internet buddy-talk cuz they've got little else.
:jnc

Greg

and you'll never take that from me!

Top Bottom