• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

squicken

Jared Allen not a Russli' fan, and maybe not so much a Ponder fan either

"When you give up 200 yards rushing, heck, I could be successful as a quarterback," said Jared Allen, the Vikings' four-time Pro Bowl defensive end.

Perhaps Allen should start for the Vikings, then. Minnesota rushed for 243 yards and two touchdowns, but the Vikings' second-year quarterback, Christian Ponder, completed only half his 22 attempts for 63 yards and a pick. Ponder was operating on the road against a tougher pass defense than the one Wilson faced. Still, though, 63 yards?

Allen, understandably steamed following a rough defeat, did offer some real insight.

"I mean, they don't allow [Wilson] to sit in there and drop back," he said. "They do play-action off everything. You've got run action. You've got Lynch, who is running the ball and then [Wilson] comes back and if his first read is not open, he breaks the pocket and makes plays downfield."

"The guy [Wilson] knows how to make plays, he knows how to create his own windows, but you live with that if we stop the run," Allen said. "Again, you stop the run and you force him to drop back. He gets out of the pocket and he can make every throw downfield. Good for them, but that ain't what beat us. We gave up 200 yards rushing."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/80535/dominant-rbs-but-wilson-only-winning-qb

Talon

Can Falcons go 16-0?
We'll lose at least one in the division for sure. I don't want to go undefeated.

I think we're more likely to lose to Tampa with their newfound running game than New Orleans honestly. The amoeba defense Nolan incorporates is really built to face pass heavy teams like the Saints.

"When you give up 200 yards rushing, heck, I could be successful as a quarterback," said Jared Allen

e3frW.gif

Bowser

Goddamn right they are.

Also,thanks for dooming the country with Romney.

Fixed.

You got money, you aint got no problems, gata.

The World Series superstition still points to an Obama victory

Alabama won, Obama is a lock.

Ffffuuuu beat me to it

Since 1984, the winner of the Louisiana State University vs. Alabama game has accurately predicted the winner of the presidential election. If LSU wins, a Republican takes office. If Alabama wins, a Democrat takes office.

The LSU Tigers played the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday night. The ending of this game was pretty epic. With 51 seconds left on the clock, Alabama scored, making a victorious comeback to win 21-17 over LSU.

Since Alabama won ... that indicates a likely victory for President Obama!

Falcons dont deserve that shit.

Good team, but soooo beatable. Cowboys imploded yet again. I'm not a fan of them, but it seems to me almost every loss they've had is self-inflicted rather than being outclassed.

How does a team not deserve to go 16-0 because they are "beatable"?

RkOwnage

I personally guarantee that we'll beat the Falcons in Charlotte.

I'm willing to bet my avatar and my good name on it.

I am usually quiet on this forum, but I'll take that bet. I despise everything about Cam Newton, but if you beat us in Charlotte, I'll have that as my avatar for the rest of the year. I don't post often, but I'll make sure it's seen that I have it.

If we win, you can sport Matt Ryan for the rest of the year. Deal?

;)

Take a look at GB 15-1 or Patriots 16-0

Tell me if they're beatable as Falcons are?

But if they are beatable, they will lose. Nobody "deserves" to go 16-0. Either they will or they won't. Just seems like a dumb stance to take. The entire point of going 16-0 is that you are NOT beatable. Like saying Emmit Smith doesn't deserve to have the all time rushing record because he is so stoppable.

RkOwnage

But if they are beatable, they will lose. Nobody "deserves" to go 16-0. Either they will or they won't. Just seems like a dumb stance to take. Like saying Emmit Smith doesn't deserve to have the all time rushing record because he is so stoppable.

Just someone else trying to hate on the Falcons. We keep winning despite no one giving us credit, so as long as we continue to do it in the post season, I'll be satisfied.

New defensive and offensive coordinators = new things for the Falcons. It won't be another 2 pt playoff game, that's for sure.

Just someone else trying to hate on the Falcons. We keep winning despite no one giving us credit, so as long as we continue to do it in the post season, I'll be satisfied.

New defensive and offensive coordinators = new things for the Falcons. It won't be another 2 pt playoff game, that's for sure.

Until they win a playoff game, I'll reserve judgement. They're just a boring team. It's like what people accuse the San Antonio Spurs of being for the NBA.

@Matt_Barrie: Jerry Jones just pounded locker room door because no one would let him ... http://m.tmi.me/yR0U6

Is this real?

Bowser

@RealSkipBayless Cam just has more weapons than RG3 whose recs couldn't catch a cab. RG3 played better but Cam made 1 big wide-open throw & 1 tainted TD.

lol, eat a bag of dicks Skip, you salty son of a bitch

RkOwnage

Until they win a playoff game, I'll reserve judgement. They're just a boring team. It's like what people accuse the San Antonio Spurs of being for the NBA.

And that's fine, I am a HUGE Falcons fan, but with that being said, I know all about the disappointment. I am a little bit more vocal tonight (not necessarily here because I don't post much) but on Facebook where I have many Cowboy friends, I am trying to rub it in. Otherwise, I'm back to being reserved, yet enjoying the wins.

January comes soon, if we don't win, this hot streak we're on means jack sh*t. 16-0 and 0-1 in the playoffs means no one cares...

And that's fine, I am a HUGE Falcons fan, but with that being said, I know all about the disappointment. I am a little bit more vocal tonight (not necessarily here because I don't post much) but on Facebook where I have many Cowboy friends, I am trying to rub it in. Otherwise, I'm back to being reserved, yet enjoying the wins.

January comes soon, if we don't win, this hot streak we're on means jack sh*t. 16-0 and 0-1 in the playoffs means no one cares...

Cowboy fans have no reason to talk, at all. At least the Falcons are capable of playing games without beating themselves.

RkOwnage

Cowboy fans have no reason to talk, at all. At least the Falcons are capable of playing games without beating themselves.

That's one thing I have noticed about Cowboy fans over the years. It doesn't matter how bad they are, they continue to talk so much trash...

Funny, yet ironic.

Top Bottom