• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

effzee

Babin and Trent Cole aren't what I'd call elite defensive lineman. Babin and Cole are decent DE's and you guys did led the league last year, but like I've said before sacks don't necessarily lead to effective defensive line play. If you're going to run the Wide 9 you need to have pressure up the middle. I recall the Eagles signed a DT for a good amount of money last offseason and he was shit in the pass rush and run defense.

The reason the Wide 9 is rarely run is because there are few elite Defensive Tackles that have the speed and pass rush ability that Ndamakung Suh has.

Sacks are not the be all, end all defensive line indicator. They're extremely important, but no the metacritic defensive lines should be judged by. For instance the defensive line for the Lions this year does not have that many sacks, but has pressured and been in the face of every QB every game we've played.

There is no such thing as "figuring out" an offense or defense in the NFL. If you can run your O/D effectively no one should be able to stop you.

This whole "the league has figured out Cam Newton" is bullshit. There are no magic tricks being run, the rest of the league knows what you're doing for the most part. It's a matter of running things effectively.

Every offensive cordinator in the league knows how the Wide 9 is run. It's a matter of having the personal to go out and execute the defensive gameplan. And if the Wide 9 is run effectively it creates havok for the offense. The Lions have the players to run the Wide 9, the Eagle don't.

No please stop. They signed Jenkins and he was a great pick up.

Your initial post was about the secondary not playing well because of bad DLINE play. The DLINE was lights out against the pass rush last season. They weren't the problem and as a result the secondary looked good. This year the same DLINE now with added first round talent, is not stopping the run, pass rushing, forcing turnovers, or doing anything.

Well they just forced one now finally!

Godslay

Banned
We beat you this year. Remember that, motherfucker?!

Thanks for giving me credit for 2000, though. Before they won anything.

Watch out we have a tough guy.

I remember it quite well. Retribution is coming. Nobody beats Tebow in a playoff game and comes out ahead.

Talon

Fuck the SAINTS!

Not the real Saints.
No please stop. They signed Jenkins and he was a great pick up.

Your initial post was about the secondary not playing well because of bad DLINE play. The DLINE was lights out against the pass rush last season. They weren't the problem and as a result the secondary looked good. This year the same DLINE now with added first round talent, is not stopping the run, pass rushing, forcing turnovers, or doing anything.

Well they just forced one now finally!
Arguing with Kastrioti?

effzee

ON PACE FOR MY 31-10 PREDICTION!

On a serious note see how that works Eagles? Dline produces pass rush forced turnover and offense can take advantage.

Now watch D get steamrolled on!

Kastrioti said:
Babin and Trent Cole aren't what I'd call elite defensive lineman.
You're out of your mind. Cole has been one of the best two way DE's in the league for years. He's slowed down this season, sure but Cole is a beast.

Babin has always been overrated. He's the Eagles Osi. Good situational pass rusher but a complete liability against the run.

Striker

Haven't watched all the Eagle games, but what's been up with Cole? Been unusually quiet, similar to Tuck (who has rebounded these past few games). Injuries, age, reps? I know they rotate but he's had no impact.

Seda

KuGsj.gif

effzee

Haven't watched all the Eagle games, but what's been up with Cole? Been unusually quiet, similar to Tuck (who has rebounded these past few games). Injuries, age, reps? I know they rotate but it's been no impact.

No clue. Usually even if he slows down he starts off hot. Like 8-9 sacks in the first 10 games and then trails off.

This season there has been nothing. Absolutely nothing.

OMG FUCK YES EAGLES BALL!

Top Bottom