• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 9 |OT| Gronkenstorm

ari

Banned
One won the superbowl in MVP fashion(though Tramon was the real MVP!). The other gave up on his team in the biggest game of his career. Yeah, they are comparable!

So being a bitch is only for superbowl mvps? I would let brees, big ben, brady, and both mannings know that ignoring cancer patients and crying is only exclusive to them.

Brinbe

People keep saying this but for what? Why?

Reid is coaching for his job. His best chance to win is with Vick. Foles is a rookie QB. You gonna put him in behind this OLINE? With a back up C, LT, and RT?
Because Foles can handle the pressure and can at least move the chains. If Andy wants to keep his job, he should actually put Foles in. This notion that a rookie can't get it done is horseshit, just look at what Russell/Luck/RG3 and others have done.

effzee

Its just shocking how bad the whole team is.

Not one bright spot. Well besides McCoy.

Special teams is terrible. Defense can't get a sack, force a 3 and out, or get a turnover.

What a fucking throw by Brees.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We didn't have a shit D-Line though. In fact we led the league in sacks last year, so...

though in all fairness, they have been shitty as fuck this year. And we're second last in sacks now. Perhaps the biggest disappointment of all because Babin/Cole were excellent last season.

Babin and Trent Cole aren't what I'd call elite defensive lineman. Babin and Cole are decent DE's and you guys did led the league last year, but like I've said before sacks don't necessarily lead to effective defensive line play. If you're going to run the Wide 9 you need to have pressure up the middle. I recall the Eagles signed a DT for a good amount of money last offseason and he was shit in the pass rush and run defense.

The reason the Wide 9 is rarely run is because there are few elite Defensive Tackles that have the speed and pass rush ability that Ndamakung Suh has.

You again show that you know absolutely nothing.

The Eagles secondary was terrible and the DLINE was decent. DRC was return for the Kolb trade. They picked up Nnamdi in FA. They needed to upgrade the secondary. It just hasn't worked out. But the DLINE was great against the pass last year. Led the league in sacks. Secondary has played better this season but the DLINE is completely gone.

Sacks are not the be all, end all defensive line indicator. They're extremely important, but no the metacritic defensive lines should be judged by. For instance the defensive line for the Lions this year does not have that many sacks, but has pressured and been in the face of every QB every game we've played.

Same players and same scheme but teams have just figured them out.

There is no such thing as "figuring out" an offense or defense in the NFL. If you can run your O/D effectively no one should be able to stop you.

This whole "the league has figured out Cam Newton" is bullshit. There are no magic tricks being run, the rest of the league knows what you're doing for the most part. It's a matter of running things effectively.

Every offensive cordinator in the league knows how the Wide 9 is run. It's a matter of having the personal to go out and execute the defensive gameplan. And if the Wide 9 is run effectively it creates havok for the offense. The Lions have the players to run the Wide 9, the Eagle don't.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Lions run defense is just as shitty as the Eagles, the wide 9 is terrible unless you have good linebackers, not defensive linemen.

No, the Lions run defense has actually been very solid this year. I've watched all but one game this year, and the defensive line has been great against every running back we've played from Peterson to Chris Johnson to Frank Gore to Lesean McCoy/Vick.

I agree you need good LB's as well, but the Wide 9 all starts up front.

Top Bottom