• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Moss was more athletic. Everything else I give to Jerry.

Rice could beat you over the top, over the middle, slant you to death or on the sidelines. Hell he could even run the ball on the reverse pretty well as I recall.

Moss was just a freak. I would not say he was a complete receiver like Rice was.

his secret was his work ethic. this was a blessing and a curse, as evidenced by his speech at his hall of fame induction:

But if I have a single regret about my career standing here today, it's that I never took the time to enjoy it. I swear to God, this is true because I was always working. Right after the season, whether we won the Super Bowl or not, I would take two weeks off and go right back to training. The doubts, the struggles is who I am, and I wonder if I would have been as successful without them.

Mindlog

Jan 3 at the time of my posting

12 days until the Chargers' deadline is reached to make a decision on LA. If they fail to, Raiders get the opportunity

Because it's Spanos, I fully expect it to come via some tweet or website announcement at 11:59 PM Jan 14.
The Raiders have to be in hard pass mode for LA right?
Shared fiddle in LA or a mega-church stadium in Las Vegas?
Fans and all, but owners aren't traditionally sympathetic to that cause.

First jog of the new year. These knees can still go!

cvimAan.png

The Raiders have to be in hard pass mode for LA right?
Shared fiddle in LA or a mega-church stadium in Las Vegas?
Fans and all, but owners aren't traditionally sympathetic to that cause.

First jog of the new year. These knees can still go!

The Raiders would have the same time to make a decision as the Chargers had, and the Vegas decision from the owners definitely comes before the next regular season (possible for March according to USA Today, last I heard). Davis feels Oakland doesn't want him, and didn't want his dad, over the Athletics, was very likely right about that, and wants to move on. If the owners decide against Vegas, I think they're absolutely taking the LA option, but either way they're in the perfect spot if the Chargers say no or take too long

MechDX

From Texans Talk.com. Same poster who knew about the Andre Johnson being released way before it happened:

Word on the street is BOB wanted to bring in Robinson from the Pats as GM and kick Smith upstairs. McNair vetoed that idea, which lead to the current rift, that was made even worse by the McNair/Smith signing of Os.

Robinson I assume is Jon Robinson who just finished his first year as GM of the Titans.Man...If O'Brien walks because of this bullshit there is not a coach worth a fuck who would work in that kind of environment and structure. Where the GM tries to undercut you at every turn.

Football Perspective @fbgchase
After adjusting for era, you can make the argument that Jared Goff has had the worst season in modern history, even worse than Ryan Leaf.

the titans fleeced the rams so badly. i didn't realize how much the rams gave up:

1st round last year (#15 pick)
two 2nd rounders last year
1 3rd rounder last year
1st round this year (#5 pick!)
3rd rounder this year (high 3rd)

all for a guy that was complete garbage. maybe he turns it around under a new coaching staff

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On one hand the Texans front office paid money for Brock. Real money. Starter money.

On the other hand it was only for a short term deal and all of their other decisions have lead to credible pieces at almost every other position.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Baalke is a fucking loser but I still blame Jed. How do you consistently have the most draft picks every year for this entire decade but you have no depth?

Should have been fired long ago

Maybe not use all those draft picks on guys with career ending acl injuries.

I feel pretty confident that we are getting Giants/Patriots III in the Super Bowl. The Giants toughest test will be in their first game against GB.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel pretty confident that we are getting Giants/Patriots III in the Super Bowl. The Giants toughest test will be in their first game against GB.

Pfft, that's the easy part. Same if/when they face Dallas, which being the fifth seed should happen next week!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
:(

We be leaders of the NFC North going 3-1 against them

Titans win one more game against the Jags/Colts/Texans and they're in the playoffs.

Oh well, at least you Fleeced the Rams!

I was too busy this offseason to notice just how crazy things got around the draft. I might even dive back into some eight month old podcasts to see just how this shit went down. Thirsty ass coaches and GMs trying to save their jobs. This is the most lopsided trade in what seems like a decade.

Titans win one more game against the Jags/Colts/Texans and they're in the playoffs.

Oh well, at least you Fleeced the Rams!

I was too busy this offseason to notice just how crazy things got around the draft. I might even dive back into some eight month old podcasts to see just how this shit went down. Thirsty ass coaches and GMs trying to save their jobs. This is the most lopsided trade in what seems like a decade.

Yeah we did. But looks like our sorta draft pick got hurt tonight in the Rose Bowl game

Dishwalla

Banned
Love Shannon Sharp going on TV and advocating that Crabtree should've kicked Talib's ass for snatching his chain. Yeah right Shannon, you and Crabtree both know if he had done that he would have been tossed from that game and probably suspended. Crabtree tries to be a man and take the high road and he gets chastised for it, and everyone just thinks Talib's shenanigans are funny. Ridiculous.

A friend of mine from college posted a pic on Facebook today that his dad sent him.

That picture?

A very downtrodden Jeff Fisher shopping at the Oxnard Whole Foods today with a largely empty shopping basket.

I feel like this would've been better if it had been Bevmo.

Jed York, going from a 2-14 team to a 8-8 team next season is doable.

They're re showing his press conference right now on espn 2

bigosc2k

Banned
Pretty stoked that we're the only team with a GM vacancy atm. I'd love to land Wolf since Ballard is out of the picture.
Sucks that Ballard bailed, but getting Wolf would be lovely.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/1/...-chip-kelly-trent-baalke-jed-york-what-a-mess

Jay Glazer: ‘For weeks [Chip Kelly]’s known that Trent Baalke has been trying to undermine him and get him out’

Trent is the biggest fucking sleaze ever. What a massive fucking douche for all the big talk he did about diong things the right way. Fuck him.
Glad that raspy voice fuck is no longer going to fuck up free agency and drafts.

Love Shannon Sharp going on TV and advocating that Crabtree should've kicked Talib's ass for snatching his chain. Yeah right Shannon, you and Crabtree both know if he had done that he would have been tossed from that game and probably suspended. Crabtree tries to be a man and take the high road and he gets chastised for it, and everyone just thinks Talib's shenanigans are funny. Ridiculous.
Sorry but i'm with Shannon. Crabtree just let a division rival (who's team isn't even in the playoffs) clown on him with absolutely no reprisal. The NFL is a stuck up league but every so often they let a warranted bust ass slide - see Andre Johnson with Courtland Finnegan.

I honestly think the reason Crabs did nothing is because he thinks he can't take Talib. I didn't see anything, did his team ride for him at least?

A friend of mine from college posted a pic on Facebook today that his dad sent him.

That picture?

A very downtrodden Jeff Fisher shopping at the Oxnard Whole Foods today with a largely empty shopping basket.

I feel like this would've been better if it had been Bevmo.

brbusingmyimaginationsincenopics.gif

If I would guess between what is worse out of flying economy for 13 hours straight or getting stabbed, I would say the flying one. The single most important reason why I need to start making bank next year is because I refuse to fly like this any longer.

Fitts

I was pleasantly surprised by how Crab handled himself. If you told me before the game that was going to happen I would've said he was going to get himself ejected. He didn't nor did he let it affect him since he continued to catch balls after that.

Talib said he did what he did because he "had to." Just another dumb thug who will inevitably put his own career in jeopardy... again. I'm glad Crab isn't that guy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
#Bengals Adam Jones arrested for 3 misdemeanors last night in Hamilton Co., since been charged w/ a felony (harassment w/ bodily substance)

Impressive.

oneHeero

This is the last time I will be posting a gif of Romo on the front page of an NFL-Gaf thread.

illgrOC.gif

You are a great QB, you played for a fanbase that didn't realize how good we had it, and may never realize how good we had it.
I was out watching the game and watching Romo put up 7 in 1 drive was the best. I was cheering loud AF.

Romo should start the playoffz against NY fosho.

If someone claimed to be a cowboys fan but didn't care for Tony than I wrote them off isntantly. Romo is one of the greats and very underappreciated.

Top Bottom