• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

RBH

otpay4aehi9vw0xuzauy.jpg

Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was arrested in Cincinnati early this morning on counts of assault, disorderly conduct, obstructing official business, and something called “harassment with a bodily substance,” a charge which was brought against him after he allegedly spit on a nurse at the jail.

Jones, 33, was booked at 12:25 a.m. local time and is scheduled to be arraigned at 9 a.m., so details are scarce until then. But police were called to the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Cincinnati, and things allegedly escalated from there.

WLWT-TV reports that Jones is accused of beating on a hotel room door while screaming and swearing, and pushing and poking someone in the eye. FOX19 reports that Jones is accused of kicking and headbutting an officer while refusing to enter a police car.

At the Hamilton County Justice Center, Jones is accused of spitting on a nurse on the jail’s medical staff. That’s a felony; the other three charges are misdemeanors.
http://deadspin.com/bengals-adam-pacman-jones-arrested-charged-with-assa-1790705537

image.php

Sephzilla

SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS

My homer pick = Packers vs Patriots
My realistic pick =
Giants
vs Patriots

Either way, I think the Patriots go through the playoffs pretty uncontested.

For context, they hung on to Jay Cutler well after everyone knew he wasn't going to win shit

I mean I feel that's a bad comparison

Even with Cutler obviously never winning shit, he still did better statistically than every other QB they ever had. Which is why after canning him, everyone expects them to get someone worse

Coming off of your second-worst season as a team ever, it's going to be hard to (overall) fuck it up worse. And unlike the Browns, you weren't going in expecting this type of fall or planning to rebuild after it

If the Bears have a plan for after this, absolutely nobody else knows about it or predicts it's coming. That's never a good sign

Sephzilla

I mean I feel that's a bad comparison

Even with Cutler obviously never winning shit, he still did better statistically than every other QB they ever had. Which is why after canning him, everyone expects them to get someone worse

Coming off of your second-worst season as a team ever, it's going to be hard to (overall) fuck it up worse. And unlike the Browns, you weren't going in expecting this type of fall or planning to rebuild after it

If the Bears have a plan for after this, absolutely nobody else knows about it or predicts it's coming. That's never a good sign

I think they'll give Fox one more season. Unless he's creating a toxic work environment I don't think firing coaches after one or two seasons is usually a good idea.

On the note of Cutler; I'm gonna miss him, he was the MVP of the Packers for years.

Hindl

Eagles have some interesting locker room vs business decisions to make this offseason with Peters, Sproles, and Barwin. Both Peters and Sproles have 1 year left before retirement, Barwin a few more. However, even if he doesn't have the same step, Peters is still a Top 10 LT in the league, and Sproles is our entire offense, both are also huge locker room leaders. Barwin is more of a liability in this defensive scheme, but he's a huge fan of Philly and an important part of not only the locker room, but the community. He's even said he'll take a paycut to stay. The business decision would be to cut all 3, especially Peters and Sproles since the Eagles won't be competing for a SB next year. But at the least Sproles and Peters are worth keeping due to their level, although Peters could use a paycut. Barwin is less easy to justify, unfortunately unless he takes a drastically reduced deal he'll be gone. Which he should be, I think he's a pretty decent 3-4 OLB and could get a decent multi-year deal to end his career.

Most of us seem to be liberal, hell, this is gaf, so...

House Republicans vote to gut ethics panel.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/polit...ight-of-ethics-committee-amendment/index.html

Shocking

bionic77

Most of us seem to be liberal, hell, this is gaf, so...

House Republicans vote to gut ethics panel.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/polit...ight-of-ethics-committee-amendment/index.html
America is on the decline.

It is easier to blame the politicians but what worries me more than the Republicans (who are an evil cancer) is the people of this country. We are becoming anti-fact and anti-science. I don't see how any country can solve any real problems when you don't believe in science or facts.

I was out watching the game and watching Romo put up 7 in 1 drive was the best. I was cheering loud AF.

Romo should start the playoffz against NY fosho.

If someone claimed to be a cowboys fan but didn't care for Tony than I wrote them off isntantly. Romo is one of the greats and very underappreciated.
A surprising amount of Cowboy fans I know really hate Tony Romo.

They all love Witten though. And I think they all hate Jones.

Do people seriously think that habitual cheaters stopped at just the things they were caught cheating at?

The asterisk is going to be there, regardless of how crucial it was to the success

If everyone's going to put an asterisk around Bonds' career, I have no problem putting 4 (and counting) around Br*dy's

Sephzilla

My point is that the Patriots were still one of the best teams in the league that year. They could have been throwing completely deflated footballs around the field and still thumped the Colts in the AFC title game.

Also - just accepting that the Patriots are actually that good makes their loses even more satisfying.

BigAT

My point is that the Patriots were still one of the best teams in the league that year. They could have been throwing completely deflated footballs around the field and still thumped the Colts in the AFC title game.

Also - just accepting that the Patriots are actually that good makes their loses even more satisfying.

Your point is that cheating is acceptable as long as you're good in addition?

bionic77

The asterisk is going to be there, regardless of how crucial it was to the success

If everyone's going to put an asterisk around Bonds' career, I have no problem putting 4 (and counting) around Br*dy's
Every other cheater that was caught had to deal with the *s.

You don't get your credibility back once you lose it. They have a well earned reputation as being cheating scumbags. If you don't want the asterisks the solution is pretty simple. Don't be cheating shitbags.

Top Bottom